Random Video Game Crap

That's Arkham Origins.

So many ledges that have no grapple points, sometimes just to make it bullshit harder to get to some stupid collectable.
Doubly frustrating when those exact same spots, using the exact same assets as the other games, would allow you to grapple to them.

Last edited:
If you mean the tears of all those who have reserved Teslas and are still waiting, then yes.
I'd hazard a guess that he means the salt produced by everyone who drops into the School or the Prison and gets killed about 15 seconds into the round.

Every time I see something for Dragon's Dogma, I keep thinking of Dragon's Crown and being momentarily interested before realizing my mistake.

EVERY. TIME.

So my first, full Humble Bundle Monthly bundle (cripes that's a mouthful to say) came in today. Here's what I got:

Rise of the Tomb Raider. Got it for signing up and beat it yesterday. Quite enjoyed it and worth the $10 for this month.
Furi. Heard lots of good things about this. From gameplay videos, not sure if it's my cup of tea yet.
Wargame Red Dragon. Looks like an RTS? Not sure if I'm interested in this at all.
Orwell. Looks really interesting.
Seasons After Fall. Looks pretty, but again not sure.
The Shrouded Isle. I actually have this on my wishlist and I can't for the life of me remember why.
Scanner Sombre. Really cool looking game.

So yeah, kinda disappointed with my first month selection. Thought there'd be at least one other game in there that I'd be like "Hell yes! Worth it!"

And for this month, I'm REALLY disappointed because they're all games I have no interest in:
Elder Scrolls Online. Not a big Elder Scrolls guy and never been an MMO guy aside from City of Heroes.
Elder Scrolls Legends. Looks like a card game, I guess? Again, another genre I have zero interest in.
Quake Champions. Early access online shooter. Huge "meh" from me.

Hopefully the third and final month I paid for will be worth it because I'm starting to get buyer's remorse here. I'll probably give away a number of these games.

Elder Scrolls Online isn't a bad game, but I'm completely sick of it and won't be back to it any time soon. It does a lot of stuff right.
Elder Scrolls Legends is GWENT/Hearthstone.

Since I'm on a big Cuphead kick (and damn you, @Cheesy1 for gifting it to me!), I figured I'd change my avatar to reflect it. I had to as soon as I heard about the level Perilious Piers.

See, because my last name is Piers.

Perilous PIERS.

PIERS.

Pet fucking peeve.

When I alt tab a game that I'm using a gamepad in to do something else for a few minutes, whether it be a phone call, checking on cooking, whatever and when I get back, the game no longer responds to the controller because the controller turned off due to inactivity. This happens way too often. Sort your fucking shit out PC games. That this doesn't always happen straight up means this is your fault.

Yeah, even your bank website will at least give you a countdown of how much you have left, maybe even make a noise to remind you.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
A growing pet peeve of mine is when gamers say, roughly, "Well, it runs fine on my system. So, if you're having crashes/performance issues, then it must be because your system is unstable." :mad:

A growing pet peeve of mine is when gamers say, roughly, "Well, it runs fine on my system. So, if you're having crashes/performance issues, then it must be because your system is unstable." :mad:
"I don't need universal blue screen insurance, I'm feeling perfectly framerate."

--Patrick