Random Comic Book Crap

Some of these upcoming Superman covers are getting weird (I know it's a variant, but still). And then there's the soldier one for #27. Where is Superman taking their road trip, Arlington Cemetery?

Guessing these were the covers for July 4th because the road trip issue was July 5th, but then the delay happened so this stuff gets to be out of place in the middle of July.

Who put Iris and Barry in charge of naming their kids? Their names are freaking Don and DAWN Allen! Were they just TRYING to get them to be bullied? "Hey Do/awn!" Both of them:Yes?

My LCBS won't let me order a variant cover; their policy is "call that morning and ask if we have one." No idea if that's normal, but it's all I got.

My LCBS won't let me order a variant cover; their policy is "call that morning and ask if we have one." No idea if that's normal, but it's all I got.
What's the rarity?[DOUBLEPOST=1499132326,1499132046][/DOUBLEPOST]To expand. My store's general policy is first come first serve if it's not 50/50.

What's the rarity?[DOUBLEPOST=1499132326,1499132046][/DOUBLEPOST]To expand. My store's general policy is first come first serve if it's not 50/50.
The Superman #27 I posted above, so not much rarity, but I think they usually get 1 in 5 or 1 in 10 variant. Which is weird because I've picked up a variant off the rack because a regular cover has sold out before. I think the idea is first come, first serve, but they open at 11AM on Wednesday while I'm at work, so there's no way I'm getting over there when we have deadlines to meet. I'll just have to call at 11:10 or something and hope.

Just checked, it's 50/50 cover. If there's not one available for you when it comes out ask them to reorder it for you. There should be some overprint still available at Diamond Wednesday afternoon.

Just checked, it's 50/50 cover. If there's not one available for you when it comes out ask them to reorder it for you. There should be some overprint still available at Diamond Wednesday afternoon.
Thanks; still hoping it'll go smooth on the 19th, but I feel better having a backup plan.

I'm rarely ever particular about covers since I donate most of my floppy comics to children's hospitals, but occasionally there's one I want to keep, like Red Hood #7 Of Mice and Men homage.

Well, it just rained.
And I had to run to the drugstore before they closed in 15min.
I got soaked and could barely see the entire time, even though I was in my car for the majority of the trip.

--Patrick
You're supposed to put the roof up when it rains...

Zappit

Staff member
Who put Iris and Barry in charge of naming their kids? Their names are freaking Don and DAWN Allen! Were they just TRYING to get them to be bullied? "Hey Do/awn!" Both of them:Yes?
It's faster to call them both if you only have to call one name. Sounds like Fastest Man Alive shenanigans to me.

Anyone else glad elseworld stories don't begin with "This is an imaginary story" any more? ALL STORIES ARE FUCKING IMAGINARY!
DC calling their stories imaginary has historical significance. They used it on copy throughout the silver age to denote non-canon stories, that wouldn't be bound by the need to return the status quo by the end, such as original Superman Red & Superman Blue, or the original Death of Superman. Alan Moore has the best use of line in his send off to the silver age.

superman.jpg

Listening to these three takes the piss out of Civil War II and surrounding shenanigans was fun, so I'm sharing, but warning: the video is on the long side.

Ugh. Really getting sick of the "SJW is killing comics" movement latching onto YouTuber Diversity & Comics. They're treating his work like gospel. And of course, whenever I try arguing the fact that Marvel's events and reboots are what's driving away customers, they're all like, "NUH UH! It's 'cause of SJWs!"

Ugh. Really getting sick of the "SJW is killing comics" movement latching onto YouTuber Diversity & Comics. They're treating his work like gospel. And of course, whenever I try arguing the fact that Marvel's events and reboots are what's driving away customers, they're all like, "NUH UH! It's 'cause of SJWs!"
Just the phrase "Secret Wars" will turn me away. I'm still angry from when The Beyonder simply deleted the New Mutants in Secret Wars II. A pointless chapter in a pointless series.

Just the phrase "Secret Wars" will turn me away. I'm still angry from when The Beyonder simply deleted the New Mutants in Secret Wars II. A pointless chapter in a pointless series.
I want to be like "that was 30+ years ago!" but it's not like I've let go of the Spider-man Clone Saga.

I made the mistake of clicking on a video from that fucking channel because I misunderstood what it was going to be about, and then Youtube wouldn't stop recommending that twit's videos until I purged my Youtube history. I don't remember how the video title fooled me, but I remember the next video up was about Squirrel Girl, the title being something like "How is this a comic?" Well, doucheshmuck, it's a story told sequentially through images and words.

But it also goes to the idea that comic = superhero story, which Squirrel Girl barely is, because it's a humor book. You know, because other genres of comic book used to be pretty popular before comic book became synonymous with superheroes, thus devaluing the medium in some ways. That said, because the Youtuber is a racist, sexist pile of shit and not actually interested in what's going on with comics, I'm sure he wouldn't question "How is this a comic?" over something like Zdarsky's Spectacular Spider-man even though it uses a lot of the same storytelling and humor techniques as Squirrel Girl.