Random Comic Book Crap

I hear Nick Spencer is lobbying to get him on his books.
I know you're being facetious, but I could see him pitching that to the editors. "People will be angry, more sales. Come on, guys, do it for the lulz!"

G. Willow Wilson has a response to this on her Tumblr that I can't seem to get a link copied on my phone for some reason, explaining how different Quranic verses are going to be interpreted and misinterpreted in non-Arabic places like Indonesia to suit the local ideals, and how the verse has historical context now lost so many centuries later.

And then pointed out that the guy meant it in the worst way and is a shit. Pretty much drawing up ways you could rationalize this in his defense and then slamming those down as not applying to this situation.

EDIT: Okay, got the link

Last edited:
. . . I just pictured someone drawing that.
Welcome to the internet!

Onto business, Cat Grant has a REAL role in the Rebirth Supergirl comics right? Because out of fear of her being killed off in Supergirl after what Celt Z said in the TV thread, I INSTEAD learn she leaves Catco and gets replaced by....Snapper Carr? The fuck?! That is the opposite of a good replacement for her! And seriously-SNAPPER CARR?! Out of ALL the random ass DC characters that could've been shoe-horned into Supergirl, Snapper did not need to be one of them. Especially since it don't even look like he has anything to do with the original character like AT all. Unless he has a time-travelling robot friend I do not give a shit.

Answered that question myself, and am GLAD it was because of scheduling. Need me some Flockhart.

IDEA FOR A DC STORY-have Redtool(the official DC parody of Deadpool) be originally an ostracized hero from a version of Angor, where his mere presence infected the entire universe to the point where it seemed to revolve around him, causing him to seemingly appear in five different places at once despite that not making any damn sense, other hero's personalities being over-written by his persona DESPITE being their own person before, and to top it all off: Pointless fusion characters of him and some other character!

Wasn't honestly sure where to post this. Thought maybe the Politics forum, but I...don't really like going there. Anyway, some sad news from a fellow Maritimer (from New Brunswick in this case).

Gisele Lagace, writer/artist/creator of Pixie Trix Comics (like one of my personal favourite webcomics, Menage a 3) was denied entry into the U.S. So she can't go to C2E2.

Welp, no C2E2 for me. Was refused entry at the border. They kept pressing about the comics I had and the sketches, and well, I had to be honest and said that I did get paid for commissions but before hand, but since they weren't complete, it was considered work in the us. Comics wise, I had maybe $700 in value if I had sold everything. Honestly, it's not a lot.

Was asked if I was the only one doing this as I looked surprised to be refused entry. I said no, many artists from around the world attend these to promote themselves. I don't think they cared.

My car was searched and is a mess. And to top it off, I was body searched and finger printed too (they do that when you get refused entry apparently.) It was an awful experience.

Things then went worse when they searched me throughout and found 2 white pills in my wallet. There was no identification on them and I wasn't sure what they were. Once I calmed down after being touched all over, I remembered they were generic acetaminophen from the dollar store that I carry around in case Marc gets a headache as it sometimes happen. I forgot they were even in there.

Anyway, I wasn't turned around for the 2 acetaminophen, as they found those after I was refused entry for the comics in my car and the unfinished sketches but they kept us longer there until they were convinced they weren't narcotics. I never took drugs in my life!

And to think we drove close to 2 days to get there. For nothing. (No, I didn't get anything from that body search. Maybe Zii would think it's a good deal.) Anyway... Driving back home.

Now that I've been refused entry in the US for this, it's on file. Don't expect to see me at a US con until I can figure out a way to get in and being absolutely certain this won't happen.

Wasn't honestly sure where to post this. Thought maybe the Politics forum, but I...don't really like going there. Anyway, some sad news from a fellow Maritimer (from New Brunswick in this case).

Gisele Lagace, writer/artist/creator of Pixie Trix Comics (like one of my personal favourite webcomics, Menage a 3) was denied entry into the U.S. So she can't go to C2E2.

Well, I'll sleep better tonight, knowing that we're being protected from the Canadian Comic Creator menace!

:facepalm:

That's infuriating, and I feel so bad for Gisele.

So unless I'm reading this wrong, she was refused entry because the act of finishing up those sketches while on US soil would have been considered "Working in the US without a valid work visa" or something?

--Patrick

So unless I'm reading this wrong, she was refused entry because the act of finishing up those sketches while on US soil would have been considered "Working in the US without a valid work visa" or something?

--Patrick
Yep. Technically working a table at a convention would also qualify.

Is Geof Johns the most hit or miss superhero writer, or Jeph Loeb? BOTH-have a track record for an equal ammount of great...and sucky stories.

ALSO-while down the wikipedia rabbit hole again, I learned Jeph Loeb wrote Teen Wolf...I am not sure if that's weird or not.

Is Geof Johns the most hit or miss superhero writer, or Jeph Loeb? BOTH-have a track record for an equal ammount of great...and sucky stories.

ALSO-while down the wikipedia rabbit hole again, I learned Jeph Loeb wrote Teen Wolf...I am not sure if that's weird or not.
I thought they were BOTH better writers in their earlier days. Loeb's best work is unquestionably anything he did with Tim Sale. When he was a writer on one of the Superman titles, it started out strong, but gradually became a mess. Especially when he started using famous president speeches as narration throughout each issue.

Johns...I don't know. Personally, I think his strongest work was his earliest work. His runs on JSA and The Flash especially. I liked parts of his Green Lantern run, until it turned into the Adventures of the Rainbow Lanterns.

Picked up Waid's Flash Volume 2 today. Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but as I flipped through it, I saw something that ticked me off:

The Return of Barry Allen story is split, with a Flash Annual (part of the Bloodlines event) in between. Why? Why would they do that? That annual isn't part of the story at all.

Last edited:
Picked up Waid's Flash Volume 2 today. Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but as I flipped through it, I saw something that to me me off:

The Return of Barry Allen story is split, with the Flash Annual (part of the Bloodlines event) in between. Why? Why would they do that? That annual isn't part of the story at all.
Its Bloodlines related Nick, don't expect logic to come from it.

Because rewriting reality is only one facet of the Gauntlet.

--Patrick
To expand on this, the wearer of the gauntlet also gains omniscience, complete dominance of time itself, the ability to communicate with or dominate the souls of all beings (alive or dead), and unlimited power. And more.

A cosmic cube can only change reality based on the user's limited understanding of reality.

Who is no a crippled high school student, who can walk after transforming...and yet he still complains about looking like a monster-OH AREN'T COMICS FUN?!

fade

Staff member
I was wondering why that hadn't been tapped for a movie yet. He's still putting out new books, too. My kids like My Teacher is an Alien.

I was wondering why that hadn't been tapped for a movie yet. He's still putting out new books, too. My kids like My Teacher is an Alien.
I only found out last year that he'd written more than just the one book when I found a whole shelf devoted to him while picking out books with my son at the library.

--Patrick

My store had a couple artists in, plus everything in store was 25 % off besides games. I came in to get free stuff plus Red Hood issues I'd missed, but ended up grabbing the rest of East of West as well.

I tried going after a yoga class this afternoon, but I made it to the comic shop 15 minutes before they closed. They'd already packed away everything. :/

Went into the comic store and the girl behind the counter handed me a coupon I was supposed to get on FCBD, but they forgot: a 50% off coupon on any graphic novel or trade in store.

It becomes valid on Saturday. I wonder what I should get. If I hadn't just completed Hickman's Avengers saga, that'd be the obvious answer. Not sure.