[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I admit, sometimes things got out of hand with us back then. Some locks and ban hammers were warranted. But most of us, that I recall, were hardly "jerks" to him.
Everyone is the hero of their own story. I’m sure the version of events in his mind has him footing the bill for a bunch of ungrateful, vicious malcontents. And in his memory he probably gave us 7 warnings and 30 days notice, and here we are stalking him online to harass him.

It was 2008 according to when the forum was created.
I could've sworn it was around my last year at York.

I recall typing up a dumb idea for a script based on one of his characters on the bus on the way to school one morning. Can't remember the name, but that dumb Batman-like character that spouted memes that everyone hated.

Everyone is the hero of their own story.
I do get the impression he maybe felt like since he was paying for said forum, he was "owed" those people talking about him.
People once thought the Internet would only ever be used by scientists and the military, too.

--Patrick

Last edited:
I wonder if I could apply the Kurtz Principle and work only a third of my work week... I'd even be willing to round up any decimal and make it an even two days, that's how generous I am.

Zappit

Staff member
I mean, at this point, maybe Kurtz should just call it. He’s obviously not interested anymore, the reboot just isn’t very good, and he would rather do other things.

Hell, I was drawing my comic while getting a chemo infusion yesterday. I’ve only missed one update so far because I got a kidney biopsy that day. I’m working a full-time job in the middle of all of it. When you want to make a comic, you make the comic. Scott just doesn’t want to make his comic.

GasBandit

Staff member
I mean, at this point, maybe Kurtz should just call it. He’s obviously not interested anymore, the reboot just isn’t very good, and he would rather do other things.

Hell, I was drawing my comic while getting a chemo infusion yesterday. I’ve only missed one update so far because I got a kidney biopsy that day. I’m working a full-time job in the middle of all of it. When you want to make a comic, you make the comic. Scott just doesn’t want to make his comic.
Kurtz's internal monologue rebutting the assertion that he doesn't want to do his comic:

Ehhh, if he can wring a couple more simoleans out of PvP with minimal effort, more power to him. I'm just kinda surprised anybody still cares.

I don't think he'll make it three days
I think he'll make the first week, at the very least.

So, so far we have:

Me: 2 weeks (10 consecutive strips)
Dirona: 7 consecutive strips (so, one week, plus following Monday & Tuesday)
Ravenpoe: 3 days
Dei: 1 day
Tinwhistler: 0 days
bhamv3: 1 month (20 consecutive strips)
Tress: 12 days/strips
Bubble181: 6 days/strips

You know what? Screw it. I have tons of Humble Bundle keys collecting dust. Winner gets a couple of games of their choice.

Last edited:
hah, I haven't read the comic in ages. I have no idea why I'm watching this thread, but the idea he's going to post a comic daily is laughable. Good luck to him, I hope he has grown and can dedicate himself to it, but if he hasn't done it over quarantine, I don't have a lot of hope now.