[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

now I honestly feel kind of bad, I was just playing the more confused for fun, and you posted a serious video that put in plain serious english i was joking about.

I would love to see a new person who happened to be a fan/anti-fan who decided to skip to the current page of this thread, the transgender-topic confused face would be hilarious.

I would love to see a new person who happened to be a fan/anti-fan who decided to skip to the current page of this thread, the transgender-topic confused face would be hilarious.
Scrolling back to find the post where we talk about how Scott must've admitted something...

--Patrick

They aren't derogatory if used properly. What's considered derogatory is the term "tranny" or "shemale". Transvestite is completely correct, if you are actually referring to a transvestite, which a transgender person is not. A Transvestite is someone who derives sexual pleasure from dressing in the opposite gender's clothing. Transsexual is the term by which most people I know who are transgendered refer to themselves. When in doubt, the term "trans" pretty much covers it all.
See, I was going by what my very, um, loud friend has told me and the info I could find online from sites like GLAAD. I just don't know anymore!

I especially like how he announces TT will now be updating 4 times a week & then proceeds to not update in the middle of a storyline for 2 weeks.

And Trenches ends with them being bought out by EAAA(worst parody name- EVER) and being forced to get jobs in quality assurance. And all because Anti-Gwen wanted to do more at her job than make some pallet swaps.

People still read SK's doodles, haven't even looked at the site in years, and I know I'm not the only one as i have not seen it mentioned anywhere but here in forever.

And Trenches ends with them being bought out by EAAA(worst parody name- EVER) and being forced to get jobs in quality assurance. And all because Anti-Gwen wanted to do more at her job than make some pallet swaps.
Ends? It's got a next season thing setup already and Gabe/Tycho haven't said anything about it being over.

Yeah well it should be over, swept under the rug and never spoken of again.
I'd kind of like it for people who see him at conventions to be like, "What happened with Trenches? I remember when you were really excited about it and it was going to be a series you looked forward to working on for years." (those were his words when he annouced it)

GasBandit

Staff member
3 days ago. I have its RSS in my feedly. New one gets posted usually every 7-9 days... occasionally as short as 5, or as long as 13.

But he announced about a month ago that it would start updating 4 days a week. Although I believe that the idea is for another crew to draw the extra 2 days, and for it to be a different group of characters.

And to beat a dead horse - as of today, the 22nd day of September, we have been blessed with 9 (NINE!) updates to Kurtz's bread & butter, PvP, in the month.

That's the point of this thread though, right? :D

Look, I still read the strip & enjoy it somewhat. I didn't mind it as much as some around here when he blew up his forums. I agree with his POV on a lot of issues, although I think Seattle is rubbing off on him. The one thing about him that drives me insane is his lack of work ethic in regards to his source of income. When I see him tweeting about some minutiae in the afternoon and yet he hasn't posted a new strip...:mad:

Actually that happens a lot for me. I guess it's a bit of jealousy. When people are always bellyaching about their travel schedule & such or how bad their life is. I used to follow the promotional director of Harmonix (he would often post free DLC codes), but his feed was mostly - "ugh boarding a plane to Berlin for another con" when his job was to go to those & demo Rock Band or Dance Central (and get paid well for it I'm sure). At least you rarely see Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) mention anything bad about the job he has.

That's the point of this thread though, right? :D

Look, I still read the strip & enjoy it somewhat. I didn't mind it as much as some around here when he blew up his forums. I agree with his POV on a lot of issues, although I think Seattle is rubbing off on him. The one thing about him that drives me insane is his lack of work ethic in regards to his source of income. When I see him tweeting about some minutiae in the afternoon and yet he hasn't posted a new strip...:mad:

Actually that happens a lot for me. I guess it's a bit of jealousy. When people are always bellyaching about their travel schedule & such or how bad their life is. I used to follow the promotional director of Harmonix (he would often post free DLC codes), but his feed was mostly - "ugh boarding a plane to Berlin for another con" when his job was to go to those & demo Rock Band or Dance Central (and get paid well for it I'm sure). At least you rarely see Major Nelson (Larry Hyrb) mention anything bad about the job he has.
Man, the worst for this was always Arthur Gies of Polygon. His twitter was basically, "Oh man, fuck my life, I have to play like three games by the end of the month. This time of year is PURE HELL."

Fuck. Off.

Necronic

Staff member
I know there's a level of comedy in stereotypes, but something about the way he has handled them more recently (like with Max and Lela) really bothers me. Its not the same as the Frances or the rich guys. I think there's something actually kind of nasty with the stereotypes of Max and Lela. Not....intentionally nasty...maybe, but it's more than a little hamfisted.

I know there's a level of comedy in stereotypes, but something about the way he has handled them more recently (like with Max and Lela) really bothers me. Its not the same as the Frances or the rich guys. I think there's something actually kind of nasty with the stereotypes of Max and Lela. Not....intentionally nasty...maybe, but it's more than a little hamfisted.
You mean not all gay men have stripper tuxedos on call!?