[Webcomic] PVP Discussion

I had never heard of the show before, and the joke would've worked perfectly fine without any further explanation. Lawyer show, okidoki. Not like this sort of negotiating is anything new in funnyland.

Part of me wonders if this PVP turn of events is so Scott can merge PVP with The Trenches, so he only has to half ass one comic a day.

Zappit

Staff member
I didn't think he was working on the Trenches anymore.
I think Khoo is the only person who actually knows who is working on the Trenches now.

Edit: Trenches artist is Monica Ray. Figured it would be a Strip Search alum.

Last edited:
So apparently doing two comics in a row without silhouettes requires him to take a day off now?

Also, apparently now none of them are involved in The Trenches, going off Jerry Holkins' post on PA.

Last edited:
So according to the latest Penny Arcade post, Scott is leaving The Trenches to focus his time on Table Titans, with two people from Strip Search taking over the strip entirely. I'd like to add that these people are currently not credited anywhere EXCEPT this post, while Scott, Gabe, and Tycho are prominently credited and displayed on the "About the Authors" page (along with a smaller thing for the former artist).

Does anyone else see a problem with this? Gabe, Tycho, and Scott currently have NO INVOLVEMENT IN THE STRIP WHAT SO EVER. Why are they so prominent when the only thing they seem to be doing at this point is paying for the hosting?

Last edited:
I may b e slow, but I just had a terrible revelation.
PvP is turning into a comic about a game developer.
The Trenches already is a, for want of a better word, "comic" about a game developer.

best case scenario, an occasional cross-over.
worst case scenario, surprise! The two comics melt into one, with our beloved cast of....err, Isaac, Q, Marley and Cora joined by such new additions as Cole, Brent and Jade! Hilarity will ensue!

Seriously, somebody please tell me these two happen in entirely separate universes, and never the twain shall meet?

Gwen from PvP is already in The Trenches.
They're different Gwens. They're different Gwens. They're different Gwens. *rocks back and forth*

Y'know, one is a normal human being and one has a strange growth in the middle of her face where a nose should be.

Last edited:
Unless she moved to Seattle to work on that Song of Ballad-Ur game and didn't tell anyone :p

Enviado desde mi GT-I8190 usando Tapatalk 2

You would think if they we're to combine into one comic, Kurtz would take over drawing The Trenches.

That is unless he just combines the two comics and dumps it on new artist to focuses on Table Titans : /

That is unless he just combines the two comics and dumps it on new artist to focuses on Table Titans : /
That might not be such a bad thing - TT has been somewhat decent, and all the good PvP bits in the last few months have been someone else's work...

Zappit

Staff member
You know...we do know Scott reads this forum on occasion...and that spiderweb joke turns up not so long after my Charlotte' Web joke...

Scott.
OK Scott, we get it. You got advance playthrough of D3.
Yes, I've seen the video, looks like you guys had lots of fun.
Yes, I'm sure you enjoyed yourselves and want to play more.
Um, I'm sure that Blizzard...
Er, You might want to...
d3pvp.PNG

OK SCOTT STOP SCOTT ENOUGH 3xD3 IS ENOUGH WE GET IT SCOTT STAAAAAAAAHP

--Patrick

PVP is now off my reading list. I can't keep up with 17 webcomics anymore, and his was one that I'm pruning off.

Easy decision, actually.

Those aren't on my list at the moment.

Wapsi Square, The Whiteboard, Times Like This, Gunnerkrigg Court, Dreamland Chronicles, Evil Inc., and Questionable Content.

GasBandit

Staff member
My current comic RSS feed list:

Abstruse Goose
Awkward Zombie
Basic Instructions
Bob the Angry Flower
Buttersafe
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Cyanide and Happiness
Dilbert
Extra Fabulous Comic
Goblins
GU comics (though it's not as good as it used to be)
Gun Show
Gunnerkrigg Court
JL8
Let's Be Friends Again (un-cancelled!)
Loading Artist
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (aka thepunchlineismachismo.com)
Menage a 3
Nerf Now
Nukees (Yes it's STILL GOING)
Oglaf
Penny Arcade
PHD Comics
Questionable Content
Sandra and Woo
Scandinavia and the World
SMBC
Sore Thumbs
Supervillainous
Table Titans (OH THE SHAME OF IT)
The Escapist: Critical Miss
The Pocalypse (on hiatus)
Three Word Phrase
Trigger Star (Seems to be on hiatus, but keeping it in the feed for when it comes back)
XKCD

I guess maybe I should cut Skurtz some slack when it comes to his late and missed updates. I mean, it's not like this is his entire job that he supports himself and his family with...

I have so many webcomics I read (about 50) that it is hard enough to keep up with them all as it is and yet everyone keeps pointing out even more that I need to read.

Cajungal

Staff member
There's a lot of you that just need to take it off your reading list.

He's doing fine.
Sometimes this thread reminds me of Jim Gaffigan's bit about how some vegetarians are obsessed with meat:

"I don't like meat; I like like to call meat and hang up. Does meat ever talk about me? I don't care..."

When in doubt, cat jokes!

Honestly the only reason I still read is out of nostalgia , and the fact that this is what got me into web comics as a teenager.