Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
That's Goo-sto, God damn it!
:angry:
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with 3 syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

But then I do remember getting into a flamewar because some non-Spanish Spanish user here didnt know that "ll" in Spanish had more than just one pronunciation (In Spain itself there are two), and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.

JCM said:
and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.
Wait, hold on. You DON'T live in a hut?

Oh man, my mind just got blown, everything's topsy turvey, I think I need to brutally stab an old man in an alley, peel his skin and fry it up in little circles to sell as Girl Scout potato chips to get my head back on right. Be right back. :bush:

ElJuski

Staff member
JCM said:
Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

But then I do remember getting into a flamewar because some non-Spanish Spanish user here didnt know that "ll" in Spanish had more than just one pronunciation (In Spain itself there are two), and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.
J-dogg, American has four syllables, regardless how retarded our former president sounds while saying it.

Also, I totally say it Goo-stoh. Just one of those words I never really use, and therefore never really bother to fix. Until now, of course, I suppose, but at this point I'm apathetic about replacing the 'oo' for an 'uh'.

J

JCM

ElJuski said:
JCM said:
Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with 3 syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

J-dogg, American has four syllables, regardless how retarded our former president sounds while saying it..[/quot] I deleted out "3" before syllables by accident. :p

ElJuski

Staff member
:thumbsup: makes sense, and figured as much. Just wanted an excuse to refer to Bush as retarded (just one more time...oh...who am I kidding...)

J

JCM

I find the normal american accent and pronunciation easier on the ears than BBC english, its just that I cant stand the southern accent, and sadly most americans I work with are Mormons and/or from Texas/Utah.
Shegokigo said:
Wait, hold on. You DON'T live in a hut?
Nah, I live, and lived, in huts in over 17 different countries.

And the president of Brazil and other countries are chosen by wrestling with a lion in a loincloth. Except Iran, then its who gives the Ayatollah the best BJ. Its pretty much like how mods are chosen. :twisted:

fade

Staff member
JCM said:
Julio, exactly as an american would pronounce it, Jewleo, as I dont have the "ú" required to pronounce it the way brazilians would. Spanish people put the J to H sound conversion, "Hulio"
I would guess that most Americans, being exposed to some Spanish regularly, would pronounce it Hoo-lee-oh, unless you mean as if it were an American English word.

Also, if anyone can't pronounce mine, I quit the human race. I'll be a squid instead.

C

Chazwozel

Shannow said:
JCM said:
and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.

:rofl: The fact that he took that sarcastic comment as gospel just proves what a dope he is. Keep it coming JCM. I personally think it's hilarious you keep having to bring me up in totally unrelated threads to take whacks at me even though I have you foed.

How do you pronounce JCM? Say it with me everyone: "Chaz-es bitch"

S

Shazam

Shuh-Zam.

Be careful saying it, though.
Crazy shit's been known to happen.

Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill
If you use the accent maybe, but some of these middle American people are going to require a different pronounciation:

Kay - Jun - Gal
I say it as either:

Hay-bay-BEE

or

How-you-doo-in.

Mine is only properly pronounced with an inch and a half piece of chocolate in your mouth. And I ain't talking about black midgets, so you can keep those damned pictures to yourself there, El Juski.

Status
Not open for further replies.