Pronounce Your Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Ever since Halforum has gotten into the audio communication business (what with D&D games and podcasts), I have heard an abundance of butchered names. Every other person pronounces somebody's name in some unique way that I can't fathom having come up with.

An example for a D&D game was Pojodan was pronounced Puh-JOED-un as opposed to Poe-joe-dan. Ed said he pronounced Shego's name as Sheggo. Etc.

So! Pronounce your names. And pronounce names you're not sure of, or just wanna throw out there as what you thought.

My name is fairly obvious. >_>; Doom. Dra. Gun. .... Six.

Anyway, guesses:

Edrondol: EHD-drun-dahll

And now I've forgotten all the other names I was going to throw guesses at.

PRONOUNCE YOUR NAMES!

P

Philosopher B.

Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

I have wondered about Wahad's username. Is that like 'Wad' or 'Wah-Had' or 'Whuh-Hod' :wha:

Also, am I the only one who reads 'HCGLNS' as Hugglins?

Edit: Wow, I only just noticed that HCGLNS has a C and a G, not two G's ...

Jare ed (damnit, I hate trying to type out pronunciations Jare, like dare, as in I dare you to stick your tongue to the frozen fence post).

E

edzepp

Exactly like 'Led Zeppelin' without the 'L' or the 'elin'

I'd break it down phonetically, but I'm not sure how to.

R

Roxxoredizorz

Rocks-ore-ed-eye-sores

You have to make the sores part a bit more I guess german-y with zs.

Strangely enough, people mispronounce my forum name all the time.

It actually sounds like 'yoor-moh-thurs-luuh-vur.'

Philosopher B. said:
Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

I have wondered about Wahad's username. Is that like 'Wad' or 'Wah-Had' or 'Whuh-Hod' :wha:

Wah-had. Wah as in water, and had as in jihad. Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.

H

Heavan

Wahad said:
Philosopher B. said:
Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

Wah-had. Wah as in water, and had as in jihad. Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.
Can I call you Roy Jihad or do you prefer not living knowing that the CIA is keeping tabs on your internet life because everyone uses a politically charged word as your name?

K

Kitty Sinatra

Wahad said:
Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.
I may just do that from now on. But as I'm a Habs fan from the early 90s expect me to mispronounce your name, Your Majesty. Also I will continue to mispronounce Sheggo, and Pojodan will always be Puh-JOED-uhn to me.

And Ed is Eh-drawn-DULL

J

JCM

Julio, exactly as an american would pronounce it, Jewleo, as I dont have the "ú" required to pronounce it the way brazilians would. Spanish people put the J to H sound conversion, "Hulio"

Status
Not open for further replies.