Export thread

Pronounce Your Name

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

Ever since Halforum has gotten into the audio communication business (what with D&D games and podcasts), I have heard an abundance of butchered names. Every other person pronounces somebody's name in some unique way that I can't fathom having come up with.

An example for a D&D game was Pojodan was pronounced Puh-JOED-un as opposed to Poe-joe-dan. Ed said he pronounced Shego's name as Sheggo. Etc.

So! Pronounce your names. And pronounce names you're not sure of, or just wanna throw out there as what you thought.

My name is fairly obvious. >_>; Doom. Dra. Gun. .... Six.

Anyway, guesses:

Edrondol: EHD-drun-dahll

And now I've forgotten all the other names I was going to throw guesses at.

PRONOUNCE YOUR NAMES!

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Mine is pretty much exactly in English. Char-lee dohnt surf. Or see dee ess.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Doc Sever-in

Hylian

Hylian

Hi-Lee-An

Philosopher B.

Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

I have wondered about Wahad's username. Is that like 'Wad' or 'Wah-Had' or 'Whuh-Hod' :wha:

Also, am I the only one who reads 'HCGLNS' as Hugglins?

Edit: Wow, I only just noticed that HCGLNS has a C and a G, not two G's ...

Gared

Gared

Jare ed (damnit, I hate trying to type out pronunciations Jare, like dare, as in I dare you to stick your tongue to the frozen fence post).

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Shee go
Kee go
:humph:

Philosopher B.

Gared said:
See, that is why this topic is good. I always thought it was pronounced Gare-ed, similar to Garret.

ElJuski

ElJuski

uhl jahsko

edzepp

Exactly like 'Led Zeppelin' without the 'L' or the 'elin'

I'd break it down phonetically, but I'm not sure how to.

Shawn

Shawn

(Shawn)-(ah)-(See)

Wasabi Poptart

w?ld s?l

Roxxoredizorz

Rocks-ore-ed-eye-sores

You have to make the sores part a bit more I guess german-y with zs.

Heavan

Heaven

phil

phil

I just feel silly going after Philosopher B.

WolfOfOdin

Tzeentch

Zeen-cha

Telephius

Telephius

Tell-eff-ee-us

or

Tell-eh-thigh-us

Rob King

Rob King

Strangely enough, people mispronounce my forum name all the time.

It actually sounds like 'yoor-moh-thurs-luuh-vur.'

Wahad

Wahad

Philosopher B. said:
Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

I have wondered about Wahad's username. Is that like 'Wad' or 'Wah-Had' or 'Whuh-Hod' :wha:

Wah-had. Wah as in water, and had as in jihad. Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.

Heavan

Wahad said:
Philosopher B. said:
Phil-ah-so-fer Bee.

Wah-had. Wah as in water, and had as in jihad. Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.
Can I call you Roy Jihad or do you prefer not living knowing that the CIA is keeping tabs on your internet life because everyone uses a politically charged word as your name?

Wahad

Wahad

If you want, go ahead.

rvdleun

Just to make a gues..

ur-voo-doo-loon

B

bhamv2

I'd tell you, but I have no idea how to pronounce it myself.

Kitty Sinatra

Wahad said:
Alternatively, you can just call me Roy, if that's easier.
I may just do that from now on. But as I'm a Habs fan from the early 90s expect me to mispronounce your name, Your Majesty. Also I will continue to mispronounce Sheggo, and Pojodan will always be Puh-JOED-uhn to me.

And Ed is Eh-drawn-DULL

Wahad

Wahad

I have no idea what Habs is, but go ahead.

Pojodan

Poh-Joe-Dan

JCM

Julio, exactly as an american would pronounce it, Jewleo, as I dont have the "ú" required to pronounce it the way brazilians would. Spanish people put the J to H sound conversion, "Hulio"

Shannow

Shannow

Sha-know

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's Dr. ASHburner, not (as somebody in Ventrilo already said) Dr. ASSburner.

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.

Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
That's Goo-sto, God damn it!

Gusto

Gusto

Edrondol said:
Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
:angry:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sixpackshaker = Shar-day

Iaculus

Yak-you-luss.

Bubble181

Bubble181

"Fluffybear" :paranoid:

Odie

Kar-ul

Bob.

Bubble181 said:
"Fluffybear" :paranoid:
Now ya done it.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Ser-Ah-Fin.

Chazwozel

Chaz Woz L

JCM

Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with 3 syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

But then I do remember getting into a flamewar because some non-Spanish Spanish user here didnt know that "ll" in Spanish had more than just one pronunciation (In Spain itself there are two), and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.

Cat

Cat

kat

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

JCM said:
and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.
Wait, hold on. You DON'T live in a hut?

Oh man, my mind just got blown, everything's topsy turvey, I think I need to brutally stab an old man in an alley, peel his skin and fry it up in little circles to sell as Girl Scout potato chips to get my head back on right. Be right back. :bush:

ElJuski

ElJuski

JCM said:
Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Gusto said:
Gusto.

It is a word.

GUH-stoh.
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

But then I do remember getting into a flamewar because some non-Spanish Spanish user here didnt know that "ll" in Spanish had more than just one pronunciation (In Spain itself there are two), and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.
J-dogg, American has four syllables, regardless how retarded our former president sounds while saying it.

Also, I totally say it Goo-stoh. Just one of those words I never really use, and therefore never really bother to fix. Until now, of course, I suppose, but at this point I'm apathetic about replacing the 'oo' for an 'uh'.

JCM

ElJuski said:
JCM said:
Gusto said:
Edrondol said:
Actually, you are right, its pronounced "guhs-toh" (g?s't?), but try telling that to some users of American English. I still cringe when I hear the odd tourist drop a Southern "dats an ineresssting uhSESuhree you got dere", or George Bush pronouncing "American" with 3 syllables, Im sure Ed is just kidding with you though.

J-dogg, American has four syllables, regardless how retarded our former president sounds while saying it..[/quot] I deleted out "3" before syllables by accident. :p

ElJuski

ElJuski

:thumbsup: makes sense, and figured as much. Just wanted an excuse to refer to Bush as retarded (just one more time...oh...who am I kidding...)

JCM

I find the normal american accent and pronunciation easier on the ears than BBC english, its just that I cant stand the southern accent, and sadly most americans I work with are Mormons and/or from Texas/Utah.
Shegokigo said:
Wait, hold on. You DON'T live in a hut?
Nah, I live, and lived, in huts in over 17 different countries.

And the president of Brazil and other countries are chosen by wrestling with a lion in a loincloth. Except Iran, then its who gives the Ayatollah the best BJ. Its pretty much like how mods are chosen. :twisted:

Shannow

Shannow

JCM said:
and there´s the odd idiot like Chaz who still thinks that people who live in many foreign countries live in huts.

fade

fade

JCM said:
Julio, exactly as an american would pronounce it, Jewleo, as I dont have the "ú" required to pronounce it the way brazilians would. Spanish people put the J to H sound conversion, "Hulio"
I would guess that most Americans, being exposed to some Spanish regularly, would pronounce it Hoo-lee-oh, unless you mean as if it were an American English word.

Also, if anyone can't pronounce mine, I quit the human race. I'll be a squid instead.

fade said:
Also, if anyone can't pronounce mine, I quit the human race. I'll be a squid instead.
Does it rhyme with "Sade"?

MindDetective

MindDetective

Mindy Tech T-eye-vee. Why, how do you pronounce it? :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Kah joon grill

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

\?tin-,?hwi-s(?-)l?r, ?wi-\

Chazwozel

Shannow said:
JCM said:

:rofl: The fact that he took that sarcastic comment as gospel just proves what a dope he is. Keep it coming JCM. I personally think it's hilarious you keep having to bring me up in totally unrelated threads to take whacks at me even though I have you foed.

How do you pronounce JCM? Say it with me everyone: "Chaz-es bitch"

Hylian

Hylian

Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill

I thought it was

Kay - shun - Gal

Rob King

Rob King

Shannow said:
Huh. I've always been reading it to sound like Sham-wow.

Shazam

Shuh-Zam.

Be careful saying it, though.
Crazy shit's been known to happen.

Shannow

Shannow

yes, like Peter Griffen having an orgasm. :rofl:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill
If you use the accent maybe, but some of these middle American people are going to require a different pronounciation:

Kay - Jun - Gal

Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill
If you use the accent maybe, but some of these middle American people are going to require a different pronounciation:

Kay - Jun - Gal
I say it as either:

Hay-bay-BEE

or

How-you-doo-in.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'd say old joke is old Ed, but....

:tongue:

Fun Size

Fun Size

Mine is only properly pronounced with an inch and a half piece of chocolate in your mouth. And I ain't talking about black midgets, so you can keep those damned pictures to yourself there, El Juski.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Cajungal

Cajungal

Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill

Kay - Jun - Gal
D'oh, but that's so boring.

seriously tho that's correct ^_^

Jake

Jake

Hump-tee, pronounced with an ump-tee.

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Hump-tee, pronounced with an ump-tee.

Shannow

Shannow

Rob King said:
Shannow said:
I take it school must have been dreadfully difficult for you.

Rob King

Rob King

Shannow said:
Rob King said:
Shannow said:
Hey, at least I wasn't pronouncing it like "Zorbeez"

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I generally hear mine pronounced as

hey-get-off-my-lawn

or

why-is-he-in-that-tree-with-binoculars

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

CynicismKills said:

hey-get-off-my-lawn

Some advice? Get off the lawn.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Shegokigo said:
CynicismKills said:

hey-get-off-my-lawn

Some advice? Get off the lawn.
Oh p'shaw, it's just a lighter.

Shannow

Shannow

Rob King said:
Shannow said:
[quote="Rob King":264sst4k]
Shannow said:
Hey, at least I wasn't pronouncing it like "Zorbeez"[/quote:264sst4k]

:rofl:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

CynicismKills said:
It'll light your ass up, that's for sure.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Shegokigo said:
CynicismKills said:
It'll light your ass up, that's for sure.

Well you see there is a good reason you should not shoot me and that reas

SQUIRREL!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

God damn that made me turn some heads at work Cyn, hilarious. :rofl:

Calleja

Calleja

Goddammit Julio!!

The Double LL is pronounced in my name like I pronounce, ok? It's a Spanish name from Spain and all THREE of my SPANISH grandparents and ALL my SPANISH family members pronounce it that way. mm'kay? I don't care about how Argen-fucking-tineans would pronounce the double LL, I hate that fucking accent.

Also, I'm a few months from being an also Spanish Spanish-speaker, as I'm getting my Spanish passport soon.

Also: :grrr:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seeing as every region has their own way of pronouncing certain things, it just doesn't seem at all productive (or polite) to argue about what the "correct" way is. Sure, when I was up north once, it was kind of weird to hear the guy at the burger place ask if I wanted a "pap" (a pop... sounded really Bostonian though), but that's just one of the quirks of the region.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Cajungal said:
Seeing as every region has their own way of pronouncing certain things, it just doesn't seem at all productive (or polite) to argue about what the "correct" way is. Sure, when I was up north once, it was kind of weird to hear the guy at the burger place ask if I wanted a "pap" (a pop... sounded really Bostonian though), but that's just one of the quirks of the region.
Whatever, you're from the deep south. None of you know how to talk anyway. :unibrow:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Calleja said:

Chazwozel

Calleja said:
Goddammit Julio!!

The Double LL is pronounced in my name like I pronounce, ok? It's a Spanish name from Spain and all THREE of my SPANISH grandparents and ALL my SPANISH family members pronounce it that way. mm'kay? I don't care about how Argen-smurfing-tineans would pronounce the double LL, I hate that smurfing accent.

Also, I'm a few months from being an also Spanish Spanish-speaker, as I'm getting my Spanish passport soon.

Dude, cut him some slack. He lives in a hut, afterall.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fun Size said:
Cajungal said:
Whatever, you're from the deep south. None of you know how to talk anyway. :unibrow:
MAIS das not nice, no.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Chazwozel said:
Dude, cut him some slack. He lives in a hut, afterall.
:eek:i: :rofl:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Cajungal said:
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Kah joon grill

Kay - Jun - Gal
D'oh, but that's so boring.

seriously tho that's correct ^_^
And here I was thinking it was pronounced K-Jungle.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

On the topic of names, the last customer I just had was named:

Eliana M. Moron

I wanted so desperately to ask her to pronounce it. :rofl:

wana10

Shegokigo said:

Eliana M. Moron

i had a guy last week named Aßmann...i wish i had heard him pronounce it too

on topic wa-na-ten

Jim Carrey correctly pronounces my name.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kz7YUdy-Cg:22njgllm][/youtube:22njgllm]

klew

klew

I prefer "kay-lew" (first initial, last name), though during xbox live beta testing, it took too long to explain to everyone I met, so I just let them pronounce it "clue" (and now I never use the microphone)

fade

fade

Shegokigo said:

Eliana M. Moron

I know I've told this story before, but once I had this guy in class with the first name "Phuc". I kid you not. He was American born and raised, but his parents were Vietnamese, which made it even worse, because he was fully aware of the implications of his name. He'd also developed an uncanny knack for knowing where his name fell in alphabetical order, so as to be able to shout out "It's pronounced 'fook'" at precisely the right moment.

JCM

Shegokigo said:

Eliana M. Moron
Deja vu.

My ex had just called whing about a fiftieth chance, and her name was Eliana.

Chazwozel said:
Say it with me everyone: "Chaz-es is a bitch"
Well, on that side you´d still be besmiching the name bitch, using it with a fat uneducated jock.

By the way, did you finally beat the kid at Guitar Hero, learn a second language or at least learn about that mystical thing called the outside world?
Calleja said:
The Double LL is pronounced in my name like I pronounce, ok? It's a Spanish name from Spain and all THREE of my SPANISH grandparents and ALL my SPANISH family members pronounce it that way. mm'kay? I don't care about how Argen-smurfing-tineans would pronounce the double LL, I hate that smurfing accent.

I know... but its just that my past 5 Spanish teachers pronounce it otherwise, and so does Luiza, who is herself a Spanish teacher, so I got shocked when someone said it was the wrong way to say it.

Shannow

Shannow

Calleja

Calleja

I actually think of Julio as one of my HF friends.. we've only ever argued over the LL thing and it never really passed the flame line.

I also like GasBandit much more than a lot of you geezers.

-- less than a minute ago --

By which I mean I like him more than I like a lot of you, not that I like him more than you do.

Which is probably still true, though.

JCM

You can kiss my sister anytime, just no tongues man.

Calleja

Calleja

Can I still do her, though?

Chazwozel

JCM said:
Shegokigo said:

Eliana M. Moron
Deja vu.

My ex had just called whing about a fiftieth chance, and her name was Eliana.

Chazwozel said:
Say it with me everyone: "Chaz-es is a *"
Well, on that side you´d still be besmiching the name *, using it with a fat uneducated jock.
Balding, dirty, pedophile!

See those there JCM, those are facts about you. Facts.

You can call me fat and uneducated till the cows come home but it doesn't make it fact, no matter how hard you wish.

In retort all I have to say is:

NO YOU!!

fade

fade

Whoa! That blows my mind. Which I would post an animated GIF of, except it gets ElJuski's panties in a bunch.

Calleja

Calleja

it does? why?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

HCGLNS is pronounced Hugh

Calleja

Calleja

Hugh as in Hugh Grant or Hugh as in Hugh Laurie?

Cause I've found they pronounce it ever so subtly differently.

what?

Wahad

Wahad

There's more than one way to pronounce Hugh?

I mean, I guess you could pronounce it like huge but the written name version of that would be more like Hughes, wouldn't it?

GeneralOrder24

HCGLNS said:
HCGLNS is pronounced Hugh

Coincidentally, my name is pronounced, "Who?"

ElJuski

ElJuski

fade said:
Whoa! That blows my mind. Which I would post an animated GIF of, except it gets ElJuski's panties in a bunch.
:facepalm: I wasn't responding to that stupid .gif in that thread. If you think a fake looking guy's head exploding gets my panties in a bunch, you have NO idea who I am. Who took the gem from your donut lately, guy?

Calleja

Calleja

I did. I needed the cash for booze.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Bowielee

Bowielee

Whil Wheaton

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

ElJuski said:
fade said:
:facepalm: I wasn't responding to that stupid .gif in that thread. If you think a fake looking guy's head exploding gets my panties in a bunch, you have NO idea who I am. Who took the gem from your donut lately, guy?
It's cool man I know you don't mi

ElJuski

ElJuski

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

ElJuski said:
:zoid:

ElJuski

ElJuski

:zoid: :zoid:

Calleja

Calleja

his name is Wil, dammit!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

It's spelled drawn_inward, but it's pronounced throat warbler mangrove

Bubble181

Bubble181

drawn_inward said:
It's spelled drawn_inward, but it's pronounced throat warbler mangrove

I always pronounced it Stavromulla Beta, how odd.

fade

fade

ElJuski said:
fade said:
I don't even know what that means. I wasn't really serious about you getting your panties in a bunch since I'm about 47% certain you don't wear them. Maybe 45. Also for the record, I actually don't have any idea who you are, seeing as how we're all semi-anonymous.

Calleja

Calleja

I know who she is.

Wait.., what? "HE"? What do you mean "he"? Juski's a GUY!?

Damn! My bad! Dude looks like a lady!!!

(ah-ah ah-ah)

Calleja said:
Damn! My bad! Dude looks like a lady!!!
Quit. Putting. That song. In my head.

*throttles Cajeta*

Kitty Sinatra

Wahad said:
"The Habs" is short for Les Habitants. "Les Habitants" refers to the French settlers in Quebec, and is also the nickname (or simply the French name) of the hockey team more well known as the Montreal Canadiens.

In the early 90s, when the Habs won the Stanley Cup, they were backstopped by the goal keeping of a Quebecois named Patrick Roy, one of the best goalies in the game and certainly the best of his time. (Cue Chaz to argue for someone else!). Anyway, as I alluded to, his surname is pronounced as the French word for king, not the common English first name.

And now I've explained something from way back on page 1. I feel silly.

Dieb

Dieb

Gruebeard said:
Wahad said:
"The Habs" is short for Les Habitants. "Les Habitants" refers to the French settlers in Quebec, and is also the nickname (or simply the French name) of the hockey team more well known as the Montreal Canadiens.

In the early 90s, when the Habs won the Stanley Cup, they were backstopped by the goal keeping of a Quebecois named Patrick Roy, one of the best goalies in the game and certainly the best of his time. (Cue Chaz to argue for someone else!). Anyway, as I alluded to, his surname is pronounced as the French word for king, not the common English first name.

And now I've explained something from way back on page 1. I feel silly.
Don't feel too bad about bringing that up again, I was about to, as I've been a huge Avs fan since they moved to Denver, and had to give a shout out to Roy. Definatly the best of his time, although I don't know enough about hockey history to rank him all time.

Anyway, to get somewhat back on topic, if anyone cares about my name - it's the German word for "thief". In German, when you see an "i" and an "e" next to each other, you pronounce the second. So Dieb is pronounced "deeb" such that it rhymes with "dweeb".

Calleja

Calleja

If we only pronounced the "e", though, it'd be "deb"... so it's more of a "ie" sounds like "ee" kinda thing, no?

Gared

Gared

Calleja said:
If we only pronounced the "e", though, it'd be "deb"... so it's more of a "ie" sounds like "ee" kinda thing, no?
Exactly. Same with the reverse, if you saw something that was ei, like stein (the vessel from which you drink beer) you get the "eye" sound of i like bite, as opposed to the "ih" sound from hit.

Kitty Sinatra

Gared said:
Calleja said:
Exactly. Same with the reverse, if you saw something that was ei, like stein (the vessel from which you drink beer) you get the "eye" sound of i like bite, as opposed to the "ih" sound from hit.
So to be more succinct: You get the long vowel sound of the second vowel.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Americans are weird and mispronounce stuff.

ei = "ay" from "ay caramba" but with a different twang, ie = "ee" but slightly shorter in German.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I should think mine is easy to pronounce:
figment (as in "of the imagination")
Pez (like the candy)

What people seem to get wrong is the capitalization and short form. The "f" is lower-case, and it's Pez for short. figmentPez not Fig, not Figgy, not Pigment Fez. I am not a fruit. I am not a type of pudding. I am not a colorful hat.

Kitty Sinatra

figmentPez said:
I am not a colorful hat.
You do have a colorful hat, Figgy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Gruebeard said:
figmentPez said:
I am not a colorful hat.
You do have a colorful hat, Pez.
Yes, I do at that. Note it is not a fez, nor does a virtual hat contain any pigments.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

bhamv2 said:
I see do it in my head as Bamv two. Like bamf but with a v.

Ed I do as Ed + Ron + Doll

Mine is pretty simple. Hoe + Bow + Nin (Like the band Nine Inch Nails) + Ja

Chazwozel said:
You can call me fat and uneducated till the cows come home but it doesn't make it fact, no matter how hard you wish.
You just finished your graduate program in like Biochemistry or something like that didn't you... isn't that kind of like the opposite of uneducated?

XSammiKaneX

HoboNinja said:
bhamv2 said:

Chazwozel said:
You just finished your graduate program in like Biochemistry or something like that didn't you... isn't that kind of like the opposite of uneducated?
BAMF!! ={) (I really hope I'm not the only one that knows the quote...)

Twitch

Nightcrawler? Pulp Fiction? 1960's Batman?

Laurelai

JCM doesn't like southern accents??!?!
/weeps in her cream of wheat
Ok- if you have been exposed to just one segment of the south, then I can understand it- even southerners don't like what's called a "twangy" accent and you get that in some *cough texasgeorgiaalabama cough* areas, but other southern accents are like warm maple syrup making their slow way across your brain.

My cousins are blessed with such accents- they are both upper crust Virginians- me, I'm a Florida beach bum schlub and while to northerners I have a southern accent or sorts I am sure, I don't have anything really stands out.

oh- and my name- pretty straight forward. LAUR-ruh-lye.
until this thread though, I had been reading Shego's name incorrectly. I had been reading "Shegokio" missed a whole letter in there.

XSammiKaneX

I don't think I need to explain how to pronounce my name since it's fairly common and happened to be mentioned in the podcast...

Chazwozel

HoboNinja said:
bhamv2 said:

Chazwozel said:
ppffftt are you kidding going to Thailand to fuck transvestite hookers and romping around the jungle in a yoga leotard speaking three languages at once without showering for a month like JCM does is far more education than a silly little thing like a Ph.D. provides....

GeneralOrder24

Twitch said:
Bavarian Army Master Force!

XSammiKaneX

GeneralOrder24 said:
Twitch said:
It's an acronym for Bad Ass Mother F***er...

Edit: It's from a crappy Youtube video that probably none of you have seen except maybe the guy wearing Shutter shades in his avatar...

XSammiKaneX said:
GeneralOrder24 said:
Twitch said:
THAT'S MY GIRL!!

:toocool:

XSammiKaneX

Edrondol said:
XSammiKaneX said:
GeneralOrder24 said:
Twitch said:
THAT'S MY GIRL!!

Ha..

Twitch

XSammiKaneX said:
Edrondol said:
XSammiKaneX said:
GeneralOrder24 said:
THAT'S MY GIRL!!

Ha..
So pulp fiction?

XSammiKaneX

Twitch said:
XSammiKaneX said:
Edrondol said:
XSammiKaneX said:
THAT'S MY GIRL!!

Ha..
So pulp fiction?
No. Mitchell Davis.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

XSammiKaneX said:
GeneralOrder24 said:
Twitch said:

Edit: It's from a crappy Youtube video that probably none of you have seen except maybe the guy wearing Shutter shades in his avatar...
BAMF as Bad Ass Mother Fucker has been around for awhile... I dunno which YouTube video you are talking about.

Cat

Cat

Miles Davis?

XSammiKaneX

Cat said:
Miles Davis?
...Sure...Why not.

Twitch

XSammiKaneX said:
Cat said:
Miles Davis?
...Sure...Why not.

The path of the righteous man?

-- Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:53 pm --

IS THERE A SIGN ON MY GARAGE THAT SAYS DEAD NIGGER STORAGE?

fade

fade

Laurelai said:
Ok- if you have been exposed to just one segment of the south, then I can understand it- even southerners don't like what's called a "twangy" accent and you get that in some *cough texasgeorgiaalabama cough* areas, but other southern accents are like warm maple syrup making their slow way across your brain.

My cousins are blessed with such accents- they are both upper crust Virginians- me, I'm a Florida beach bum schlub and while to northerners I have a southern accent or sorts I am sure, I don't have anything really stands out.

until this thread though, I had been reading Shego's name incorrectly. I had been reading "Shegokio" missed a whole letter in there.
Yeah, saying "southern accent" is like saying "British accent". There are many different southern accents, and though they may share some common features, they can be drastically different. I could recognize a Carolinian from a Texan in a heartbeat.

Twitch

fade said:
Laurelai said:

Yeah, saying "southern accent" is like saying "British accent". There are many different southern accents, and though they may share some common features, they can be drastically different. I could recognize a Carolinian from a Texan in a heartbeat.
You east coasters don't talk like normal people either. When I came down to AZ from Oregon people talked more refined like.

Edit: Those were two separate thoughts. I did not mean to associate the east coast with Arizona.

Cajungal

Cajungal

South Louisianians don't sound "Southern," really. That's more the Bible-belty Northern Louisiana. Here it's:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2QtyHultEA:3vkfp7k8][/youtube:3vkfp7k8]

But it's more diluted in younger generations. But that emphasis on the last syllable and the end of the sentence is pretty common.

Dieb

Dieb

Gruebeard said:
Gared said:
Calleja said:
So to be more succinct: You get the long vowel sound of the second vowel.
Ok, yes, Grue and the rest of you are right, I was just trying to get the point across simply, and you all had to be nitpickers, you bastards :Leyla:

JCM

Cajungal said:
Not that much that I hate it, but I cant stand when I have students questioning me why the hell does every other american that gets hired around here (mostly people from Utah and Texas) ignore the simple pronunciation rules of british English, or the American Webster´s guide.

Specially when they get points reduced for mispronouncing something.
Chazwozel said:
Say it with me everyone: "Chaz-es is a *"
Well, on that side you´d still be besmiching the name *, using it with a fat uneducated jock.

[/quote]Bla bla bla useless crap from the record troll thread-locker[/quote]
Awww, I made my fat bitch Chaz unfoe me again? See how easy it is to manipulate a homophobic drama llama?
:tina:

Im a pedophile? Says a redneck who hasnt moved beyond 1 country and cant even get his own language right, much less learn another.... heck, if it wasnt for that bucket of lard you call a wife I´d be amazed you even would know what sex is.

Now as usual, you´ll be my bitch and foe me again, or troll and get yet another therad lock, adding to your record as the biggest troll and cause of thread locks, I mean, even a thread celebrating the end of slavery, how lame do you have to be to troll even that? :aaahhh:

Shannow

Shannow

Jesus, shut up. You are the one trolling in this thread at this time, and started with the attacks out of nowhere.

Edit: and yes, I get the irony of me saying that.

JCM

Heh, werent you banned/record foed? Shut drama llama up, ye anonymous fuck,or do like him and foe me, then unfoe me when I laugh about it.
Calleja said:
Hugh as in Hugh Grant or Hugh as in Hugh Laurie?

Cause I've found they pronounce it ever so subtly differently.

what?
I´ve had a problem over pronouncing Hughes, and most sites online seem divided between hew gwez or hoo gwez.
:eek:rly:

Chazwozel

Shannow said:
Jesus, shut up. You are the one trolling in this thread at this time, and started with the attacks out of nowhere.

Edit: and yes, I get the irony of me saying that.
Let me guess. He called me fat (even though I'm not), something about not being able to speak two languages (even though I can), annnnd hmmm, oh something about never leaving the U.S. (even though my family lives in Europe).

Am I right, am I right?!?!?

For bonus points, he said something about me being uneducated (even though I have a Ph.D.)

Shannow

Shannow

JCM said:
Heh, werent you banned/record foed? Shut up drama llama , ye anonymous smurf,or do like him and foe me, then unfoe me when I laugh about it?

oh my, says the man going out of his way to attack someone for nothing out of no where. then, in the same line sayign how he like to be foed/unfoed. Please, do go on. Come on down off that high horse, son. You belong in the mud with the rest of us. You are the same as I am.

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:32 am --

Chazwozel said:
Let me guess. He called me fat (even though I'm not), something about not being able to speak two languages (even though I can), annnnd hmmm, oh something about never leaving the U.S. (even though my family lives in Europe).

Am I right, am I right?!?!?

For bonus points, he said something about me being uneducated (even though I have a Ph.D.)

lets find out!

JCM said:
Ding ding! looks like we have a winner!

JCM said:
Im a pedophile? Says a redneck who hasnt moved beyond 1 country and cant even get his own language right, much less learn another.... heck, if it wasnt for that bucket of lard you call a wife I´d be amazed you even would know what sex is

He hit them all! The repeat insults seem to be going strong with this one. I am more surprised he has not yet tried to wow us all again with tales of his travels across the world, and all the women he has slept with. Been a while since one of those.

ANd what's the deal with insulting his wife, JCM? I would think that that would be off limits. Insulting each other is one thing.

Shannow

Shannow

And whats the deal with airline food!?

Chazwozel

For the record oh wise JCM, I never unfoed you. I can still see what you wrote when people quote you though. The only thing that prompted me saying anything was someone quoting you earlier and I saw that you still like to attack me unprovoked for no reason. Kinda sad. Then again I'd be kinda sad too if I had to justify my existence by fucking Thai hookers and doing naked yoga in the Amazon.

JCM

Ed, if you had no problem with him insulting Luiza, I do suggest you stop playing favourites,.

Edit:Well Shannow, as I said, shut drama llama up. Which judging from the numbers of threads locked, is impossible, specially with you handjobbing him, and with future participation from his Karate tough guy squadmembers who will come here soon.
Chazwozel said:
Yeah, thats what education is about. Live in one country all your life, in a lab full of bacteria, speaking just that one language, then die out in some redneck retired home.

Whooopie doo. And you´d still whine about whippersnappers and their videogames, or that people in foreign countries must live in huts. BTW: I did say you´ll be my bitch and foe me again.

Sadly I´d love to waste my time with you, but unlike Shannow or you and your bucket of lard wife, I have better things to do, but I´ll leave you to ranting for a few pages, and I´ll drop by to laugh later.

Now be good bitches and continue derailing, because like always, the last word is important for the pathetic.

Chazwozel

Edrondol said:
ANd what's the deal with insulting his wife, JCM? I would think that that would be off limits. Insulting each other is one thing.

He insulted my wife? Let me guess he called her fat too? Even though she's not and I've never posted a picture of her on the forum?

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 am --

Edrondol said:

He insulted my wife? Let me guess he called her fat too? Even though she's not and I've never posted a picture of her on the forum?

JCM

Chazwozel said:
For the record oh wise JCM, I never unfoed you.
Aww, funny how you quoted something that nobody quoted. Guess you must have been inhaling too many bacterias off you wife´s fanny heh?

Ed, Im out of the thread until its back on-topic, as I said the last word is important for the pathetic, and I´d hate for another thread lock.

JCM said:
Ed, if you had no problem with him insulting Luiza, I do suggest you stop playing favourites.
When did he do that? (I know you have it saved.)

And if you think I play forum favorites... :facepalm:

Chazwozel

JCM said:
Chazwozel said:
Aww, funny how you quoted something that nobody quoted.

Guess you must have been inhaling too many bacterias off you wife´s fanny heh?
Well now I did.

Dude, seriously, just stop. You just make yourself look more and more stupid with each passing thread, and I actually feel sorry for you.

-- Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:45 am --

Edrondol said:
JCM said:
Ed, if you had no problem with him insulting Luiza, I do suggest you stop playing favourites.
When did he do that? (I know you have it saved.)

And if you think I play forum favorites... :facepalm:
I made fun of his girlfriend?

Shannow

Shannow

JCM said:
Chazwozel said:
Yeah, thats what education is about. Live in one country all your life, in a lab full of bacteria, speaking just that one language, then die out in some redneck retired home.
So, getting an education, and a PhD, no less..is not getting educated? Basically, you are trying to justify your own lack of education by saying what THE REST OF THE WORLD deems as educated is wrong. Good point there.

Sadly I´d love to waste my time with you, but unlike Shannow or you and your bucket of lard wife, I have better things to do, but I´ll leave you to ranting for a few pages, and I´ll drop by to laugh later.
Of course! They are arguing against me! I know how to get this done and show my intelligence..im out! hahahaha! Look at me, I am smarter and better! Booyah!

Now be good bitches and continue derailing, because like always, the last word is important for the pathetic.
Same thing. Best way to do anything..leave, and then say whoever answers is pathetic. That way, you think you have the best last word! Genius!!!

When, in all actuality, the action you make right there is the most pathetic. Quite sad really.

Also, you were the one who started the derail.

Chazwozel

JCM said:
Chazwozel said:
Aww, funny how you quoted something that nobody quoted. Guess you must have been inhaling too many bacterias off you wife´s fanny heh?

Ed, Im out of the thread until its back on-topic, as I said the last word is important for the pathetic, and I´d hate for another thread lock.

Of course you are. You always leave a thread when you realize how stupid you really are. And please, when do you actually give a flying fuck about thread progression? You NEVER contribute anything to a topic other than requoting someone, saying "this", and adding a sentence of your own idiotic insight. You still are and will be the forum clown shoe. Whether you realize it or not, everyone around here takes what you have to say with a grain of salt. Most don't even want to bother replying to you because they don't want to put up with the flame war that'll ensue.

You want an on topic thread? Stop calling people out for no reason and stop making idiotic comments like "southern accents are the incorrect way to speak English". I'm sure your broken-ass Portuguese accented English sounds any better.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:popcorn:

Oh damn... it's over already? :angry:

Cat

Cat

I'm just posting to increase my post count.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Shegokigo said:

it was just getting good too

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:

Sad thing is I don't even want to argue with the guy anymore.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

The only that I was curious about in the exchange was when he said that Ed played favorites by letting you insult his girlfriend.

Where has she been of late I wonder?

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

The only that I was curious about in the exchange was when he said that Ed played favorites by letting you insult his girlfriend.

When did I insult his girlfriend? Even if I did. She's registered on the forum and can stick up for herself. Plus, I don't really think it's fair that he goes on insulting my wife and claiming that she's fat or including her in lude sexual positions when he's never seen a picture of her or for that matter doesn't even know her. He can take pot shots all day at me if he wants to waste his breath, but it's pretty pathetic that he needs to resort to taking cracks at my family in order to get a rise out of me.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

Hiding because Chaz is a meanie?

Seriously, I hope my comment about people in the American south didn't start all this bullshit. I was just trying to get a rise out of CajunGal or DarkAudit. Y'all know I loves ya.

(Country music still blows though. Sorry.)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Chazwozel said:
When did I insult his girlfriend?
Didn't say you did, hence my curiosity of when it "occured". Though she can't really stick up for herself if she's not around, like, ever.

Can't blame her for not being around though, we're a bit much to handle. :unibrow:

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
When did I insult his girlfriend?
Didn't say you did, hence my curiosity of when it "occured". Though she can't really stick up for herself if she's not around, like, ever.

Can't blame her for not being around though, we're a bit much to handle. :unibrow:
Maybe he assumed I was taking about her when I mentioned Thai tranny hookers? I can't help what he perceives his girlfriend to be when I make general statements... :whistling:

Shannow

Shannow

Fun Size said:
Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

Hiding because Chaz is a meanie?

Seriously, I hope my comment about people in the American south didn't start all this bullshit. I was just trying to get a rise out of CajunGal or DarkAudit. Y'all know I loves ya.

Nah, your comment did not start anything.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Chazwozel said:
Maybe he assumed I was taking about her when I mentioned Thai tranny hookers? I can't help what he perceives his girlfriend to be when I make general statements... :whistling:
Ok, see now you're egging it on!

Thanks!

I've looked through a bunch (read: hundreds) of Chaz's posts and I can't find what JCM is talking about. I searched HER name and found nothing near Chaz. I'm truly confused as to what JCM is talking about.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Edrondol said:
I've looked through a bunch (read: hundreds) of Chaz's posts and I can't find what JCM is talking about. I searched HER name and found nothing near Chaz. I'm truly confused as to what JCM is talking about.
Unless he was pre-emptively accusing you of doing it *IF* Chaz would have done it. Chaz may be alot of things, but attacking people outside the conversation doesn't strike me as his calling card.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Fun Size said:
Country music DOES blow for the most part.

Good thing I come from the land of Zydeco.

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
Edrondol said:
Unless he was pre-emptively accusing you of doing it *IF* Chaz would have done it. Chaz may be alot of things, but attacking people outside the conversation doesn't strike me as his calling card.
FUCK YOU HOBONINJA!

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Love you too Chaz <3

Yeah and honestly I kind of agree on the pedo thing with JCM, isn't he like 9 years older than his 17 year old girlfriend? That is kind of fucked up... Maybe I have their ages wrong but still I remember it was a huge difference for her being so young. Shit I feel dirty hitting on 17 year olds and I am only 20.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.

Did y'all know I have a name besides cajungal? It's Leslie, and it's pronounced like this:

Les-lee. How about that?

Day-vid.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:

Did y'all know I have a name besides cajungal? It's Leslie, and it's pronounced like this:

Les-lee. How about that?
I don't believe you. I think it's pronounced Lays-laye. :angry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well sure if you've got a mouthful of peanut butter or something... do you have a mouthful of peanut butter?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
Well sure if you've got a mouthful of peanut butter or something... do you have a mouthful of peanut butter?
We don't have any in the apartment. :(

XSammiKaneX

CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Well, that sucks.

Lally

Lollypop - pop = Lally. (I imagine some people saying it rhyming with pep rally. That is not so.)

Laur (rhymes with bar, not bore) + uh = me!

Cajungal

Cajungal

CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Serves you right for mispronouncing my name!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

XSammiKaneX said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Well, that sucks.
It does! I need to go to the store, we're out of pretty much everything and my stomach will rage if I eat ramen again.

Cajungal said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Cajuns are so vindictive. :confused:

XSammiKaneX

CynicismKills said:
XSammiKaneX said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Well, that sucks.
It does! I need to go to the store, we're out of pretty much everything and my stomach will rage if I eat ramen again.

Cajungal said:
CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Cajuns are so vindictive. :confused:
Oh shi-yeah you need to go shopping then. Too much ramen..well there's really no saying to go along with that... :eyeroll:

Chazwozel

Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

Pronounced as: Matt.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'll get all voodoo on you... it's bad grisgris to mispronounce a Cajun's name..... *starts swinging around a beheaded chicken or something weird like that*

XSammiKaneX

Chazwozel said:
Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

I don't see how that could be mispronounced... :rofl:

-- June 23rd, 2009, 12:52 pm --

Cajungal said:
I'll get all voodoo on you... it's bad grisgris to mispronounce a Cajun's name..... *starts swinging around a beheaded chicken or something weird like that*
He needs brick dust and salt now.

Calleja

Calleja

Fer as in Fertile.... ish.

nan
as in Nantucket

do
as in door minus the "r".

It's hard as hell to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

Of course, it's hard to pronounce it completely accurately, so even though I hate they way it sounds, I WOULD respond to "Fur-nan-dough".

Chazwozel

XSammiKaneX said:
Chazwozel said:
Cajungal said:

Les-lee. How about that?
Matt.

I don't see how that could be mispronounced... :rofl:
Well depending on the person and if they're calling me by my full name:

Mat-you
Mat-chew
Mad-you

M

Meraede

Mare-aid

or

Crazy Ferret Lady

or

"Hey, you!"

XSammiKaneX

Meraede said:
Mare-aid

or

Crazy Ferret Lady

or

"Hey, you!"
Hey you! Ferrets are cute. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as hell to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

Of course, it's hard to pronounce it completely accurately, so even though I hate they way it sounds, I WOULD respond to "Fur-nan-dough".
The way you pronounce the "fer" sounds kind of like "fair" but not so nasal. Like.... fehr nahn doh

M

Meraede

XSammiKaneX said:
Meraede said:
Mare-aid

or

Crazy Ferret Lady

or

"Hey, you!"
I know. I have 11. Would you like me to send you all 15,487 pictures of them? :p

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Cajungal said:
You give me back my chicken stick! Nobody said you could borrow that!
Meraede said:
I know. I have 11. Would you like me to send you all 15,487 pictures of them? :p
Good grief, I have 2 and their a huge handful! Can't even imagine!

I'll tell you what, if my real name were to be guessed correctly, I'd admit to it. I can guarantee it'd be impossible to find out though, for one it's a very uncommon name, doubly so for someone of hispanic backround. Almost hippy in choice.

I'll give the first letter: "C"

Lally

Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as * to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

The way you pronounce the "fer" sounds kind of like "fair" but not so nasal. Like.... fehr nahn doh
In trying to say this, I'm trying really hard to not say "dough" but I'm finding it nearly impossible. Oh, the woes of being a dumb hick :\

XSammiKaneX

Meraede said:
XSammiKaneX said:
Meraede said:
Mare-aid

or

Crazy Ferret Lady

or

"Hey, you!"
:confused: They're cute, but that's way too many pictures for me. :p

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:

I'll tell you what, if my real name were to be guessed correctly, I'd admit to it. I can guarantee it'd be impossible to find out though, for one it's a very uncommon name, doubly so for someone of hispanic backround. Almost hippy in choice.

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?

Calleja

Calleja

Lally said:
Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

It's hard as * to find ways to use the short vowel sounds sometimes. I was trying to make sure you guys don't think Fernando is pronounced fur-nan-dough... it's not. Especially the "dough" part. It's a short "o" as in "orgasm". Can't find a word to illustrate how to pronounce "Fer" though....OOH, I know.. FERtile.. that's close enough. Fertile.

In trying to say this, I'm trying really hard to not say "dough" but I'm finding it nearly impossible. Oh, the woes of being a dumb hick :\
Heh, I know, it IS kind of a latin sound...think of the "do" in like.. Donatello. Or... dork. Y'know.. that short, quick "o" sound.

You guys aren't gonna make me record this one too, are you? :p

XSammiKaneX

HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?
One question....what the hell made you think of "Cthulu"?

Shannow

Shannow

Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

Strange, for somereason I thought it was pronounced

Frau, prounounced like Fraud minus the 'd'
stee, pronounced like steer, minus the r

Soo - like Suit, no t
zan - like xanatos, with no -atos.

Frau - stee
Su-zan

Frosty Susan
:slywink:

XSammiKaneX said:
HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:
Cajungal said:
Meraede said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?
Shego in real life looks like this:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Edrondol said:

Why do you think I covered my face with the mug in my picture? :zoid:

Wahad

Wahad

I'd guess, but right now I can't think of anything. Cynthia, but that's not an uncommon name.

Cuyval Dar

Calleja said:
Lally said:
Cajungal said:
Calleja said:

nan
as in Nantucket

do

Heh, I know, it IS kind of a latin sound...think of the "do" in like.. Donatello. Or... dork. Y'know.. that short, quick "o" sound.

You guys aren't gonna make me record this one too, are you? :p
Yes, Susan.
Or we could just do what Necro does in Vent and call you Cal.

Bowielee

Bowielee

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK06tbNFiEU:6k82ojfe][/youtube:6k82ojfe]

Shannow

Shannow

See you next Tuesday?

XSammiKaneX

Edrondol said:
XSammiKaneX said:
HoboNinja said:
Shegokigo said:

Clover?

Clementine?

Cthulu?

(I've been wanting to use this one..)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

XSammiKaneX said:

Should have waited a bit longer, the useage was a bit lost on this one. :facepalm:

Calleja

Calleja

GORRAM IT BOWIELEE!!! I THOUGHT WE WERE PALS!

ARGGHHH!!

...yes, that wretched song pronounces it pretty close. :eek:rly:

XSammiKaneX

Shegokigo said:
XSammiKaneX said:

Should have waited a bit longer, the useage was a bit lost on this one. :facepalm:
:facepalm:

No one pronounces my real name correctly; there's a silent letter throws everyone off. My nickname (which is mostly what I go by) is easy enough though....

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

ZenMonkey said:
No one pronounces my real name correctly; there's a silent letter throws everyone off. My nickname (which is mostly what I go by) is easy enough though....
That's usually the point of a nickname Zen. :slywink:

Chazwozel

Sheg's real name?

She looks like a Colleen to me.

So if we guess your name you'll tell us? Sweet! My guess(es) are:

Cabe
Cadence
Cadrian
Caelyn
Cailey
Caimile
Cairnaghn
Caitlin
Caitlyn
Cala
Calandra
Calantha
Caleb
Caledonia
Calendre
Caley
Cali
Calico
Calida
Calista
Calla
Callan
Calleigh
Callia
Callidora
Callie
Calliope
Callispo
Caltha
Calypso
Cam
Cambrie
Camelai
Cameran
Cameron
Camilla
Camille
Camrin
Camryn
Canace
Candace
Candee
Candi
Candida
Candis
Candra
Candy
Cantara
Caoimhe
Capri
Caprice
Caprina
Cara
Caradawn
Caradoc
Carajean
Caressa
Caresse
Carew
Carha
Cari
Carina
Carine
Carissa
Carla
Carleigh
Carlen
Carlina
Carling
Carlotta
Carly
Carlyle
Carmel
Carmen
Carmene
Carna
Carnelian
Carnie
Carol
Caroline
Carolyn
Caron
Carrie
Carrigan
Carrington
Carston
Cary
Carys
Cascadia
Casey
Casilda
Cassandra
Cassia
Cassidy
Cassie
Cassiel
Casta
Castalia
Catarina
Catava
Cathaleen
Catherine
Cathryn
Cauvery
Cayleigh
Cecania
Cecia
Cecile
Cecilia
Celandia
Celeste
Celestina
Celia
Celinda
Celine
Cercia
Cerdwin
Cerelia
Cerise
Chaia
Chailyn
Chaitaly
Chaitra
Chaka
Chanah
Chandani
Chandi
Chandra
Chane
Chanel
Chantal
Chantel
Chapman
Charis
Charisma
Charissa
Charisse
Charity
Charlene
Charlize
Charlot
Charlotte
Charmaine
Charmian
Charu
Chastity
Chavonne
Chay
Chaya
Chaya
Chaylen
Cheleste
Chelly
Chelsea
Cheney
Chenoa
Cheri
Cherie
Cherise
Cherry
Cheryl
Chesna
Chet
Chevelle
Chevy
Cheyenne
Chi
Chi
Chianna
Chiara
Chika
Chilali
Chimalis
China
Chipo
Chisel
Chitra
Chitrangda
Chloe
Chloris
Cho
Chordé
Christabel
Christina
Christine
Christy
Chruse
Chudney
Chynna
Chyou
Chyou
Ciannait
Ciar
Ciara
Ciccone
Cicely
Ciera
Cinderella
Cindy
Circe
Cirea
Claiborne
Claira
Claire
Clara
Clarabelle
Clarissa
Claude
Claudia
Clay
Clayanne
Clea
Clementine
Cliantha
Clio
Cliodna
Clovis
Cochiti
Coco
Colette
Colleen
Columba
Columbia
Concepcion
Condola
Conncetta
Conner
Constance
Contessa
Cora
Coral
Coralee
Corazon
Cordelia
Corin
Corina
Corinda
Corine
Corinne
Corliss
Cornelia
Corona
Corrina
Corrine
Cosette
Courtnee
Courtney
Crescent
Cressida
Cristian
Cristina
Crystal
Curissa
Cuyler
Cybele
Cydney
Cynara
Cynthia
Cyprien
Cyrene
Cyrilla
Cytheria
Cyzarine

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's not in there Ed, but good guesses!

Calleja

Calleja

If her name is Cynara I swear I'm gonna have a hard time not working in "sayonara" puns every chance I got.

Oh... guess it's not. Damn.

Actually, I think I mean "phew".

XSammiKaneX

Edrondol said:
So if we guess your name you'll tell us? Sweet! My guess(es) are:

*snip*
What did you do type in "names starting with "c"" in Yahoo search until you found them all?

Calleja

Calleja

why would any sane human being use Yahoo?

http://www.justmommies.com/baby_names/girlsc.php

Copy/paste into Excel and sort. :tongue:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Seriously, stop quoting that post, it's elogating this page and the screen I have here at work is freakin tiny!
Calleja said:
The innocence of youth eh Calle?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Apologies for the video Cal, I couldn't resist.

Calleja

Calleja

Shegokigo said:
Seriously, stop quoting that post, it's elogating this page and the screen I have here at work is freakin tiny!
Dammit... someone used "elongating" and I can't...stop...myseelf... it's...stronger.. than.....meee....heeeeelp..-

I'LL ELONGATE SOMETHING ELSE FOR YOU RIGHT HERE

I'm so, so sorry.

Philosopher B.

Is it Clarabella.

XSammiKaneX

Shegokigo said:
Calleja said:
The innocence of youth eh Calle?
Sorry Shego. :whistling:

Shegokigo said:
That's usually the point of a nickname Zen. :slywink:
Easy to pronounce. The fact that it's most commonly a boy's name means people get it wrong all the time anyway.

Wahad

Wahad

Is your name Clarinet? :zoid:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Some of the names on Ed's list remind me of one of the scenes from "The Waiting"

Male Customer #1: It's too bad Chlamydia has to be a venereal disease. It's such a pleasant-sounding word.
Male Customer #2: Chlamydia?
Male Customer #1: Chlamydia.
Male Customer #2: Chlamydia. I think I might name my daughter Chlamydia.

Rob King

Rob King

Is it strange that with such a reasonable display name as "Rob King," my name is actually Joshua?

Rob King said:
Is it strange that with such a reasonable display name as "Rob King," my name is actually Joshua?
No, it just means that now I will read your handle as an imperative command rather than a name.

Calleja

Calleja

robbing kings is a dangerous job, but someone's got to do it, dammit!

Jake

Jake

Shegokigo said:
Hmmm... What do you call a latina with no legs? [spoiler:t9asoerr]Consuelo.[/spoiler:t9asoerr]

Given what we know about you, my guess would be "Chastity". :twisted:

Piotyr

Piotyr

Peter.

Simple, right?

Calleja

Calleja

Wow... Jake's joke is awesome... and even though it's groan-tastically punny.. I had never heard it before.

Jake

Jake

Edrondol said:

This may have a lot to do with why her girlfriend keeps her around.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Calleja said:
Wow... Jake's joke is awesome... and even though it's groan-tastically punny.. I had never heard it before.
Seriously, I was laughing when I highlighted the spoiler.
Jake said:
Edrondol said:

This may have a lot to do with why her girlfriend keeps her around.
Pure gold Jake, 2 for 2.

I will say that someone has gotten "close". Though with all the names Ed posted, I think he ruined anyone's chances of narrowing it down.

Wahad

Wahad

How close? Like, one letter off or kinda-sounds-the-same?

Shannow

Shannow

:facepalm:

Rob King

Rob King

ZenMonkey said:
Rob King said:
No, it just means that now I will read your handle as an imperative command rather than a name.
Calleja said:
So hold on ... are we robbing kings like ... monarchs, or famous pop fiction authors? Because if it comes to a vote, I say we take down Stephen King first.

Calleja

Calleja

If my name was Joshua I'd name my penis "Joshua's Tree".

I crack myself up.

Rob King

Rob King

Calleja said:

I crack myself up.
... and now I have a new pickup line.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Rob King said:
ZenMonkey said:
[quote="Rob King":22nbxy23]Is it strange that with such a reasonable display name as "Rob King," my name is actually Joshua?
Calleja said:
So hold on ... are we robbing kings like ... monarchs, or famous pop fiction authors? Because if it comes to a vote, I say we take down Stephen King first.[/quote:22nbxy23]

King IS capitalized, implying a name...

Calleja said:

I crack myself up.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Shannow said:

Calleja

Calleja

Edrondol said:
Calleja said:

I crack myself up.
tee hee, Turbo made the joke even funnier.

XSammiKaneX

Calleja said:
Edrondol said:
Calleja said:

I crack myself up.
Ha..."Turbo" :smirk:

Rob King

Rob King

XSammiKaneX said:
Calleja said:
Edrondol said:
Calleja said:

I crack myself up.
Ha..."Turbo" :smirk:
Huh. If I ever get to market an erectile dysfunction pill, I'm calling it Edrondol. "A Turbo boost for your penis."

Yeah, I listened to the podcast last night. What of it?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Shegokigo said:
XSammiKaneX said:

she does not like the cone of shame.

Jake

Jake

Shegokigo said:
Pure gold Jake, 2 for 2.
I live to serve.

JCM

:rofl: :rofl:

Shegokigo said:
Edrondol said:
Since Dave seems to again playing favourites, try this for size
Chaz said:
Always fun. Maybe I should take a chapter from the JCM book of philosophy and coax ugly girls into threesomes =with my equally ugly girlfriend.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4585&p=159608&hilit=guide#p159608
So Dave, may I suggest trying the right keywords before whining about a private pm in which I apologized over something that I thought was ok (making fun of Chaz´ and wife´s tubbyness).

Nice modding, blowjobbing the troll is a first Ive seen in 15 years of being in online forums. Now I´ll leave the jock to whine on the last word, as usual, with aided ego-boosting by Shannow and ed. Lame, really.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Frankie...pronounced Frank-ee. Real name Frank. I'm super interesting.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think it's interesting. Although sometimes I get confused, because Twitch (?) has a Frank Sinatra avatar and I always want to call him Frankie.

Twitch

If I were to re-register I would be ReverendSinatra or just Sinatra.
Twitch is years old from when I had a really bad twitching problem that was very obvious during the original Counterstrike. I kept used Twitch up into halfpixel and then I switched to ReverendSin just about everywhere else. (You see I'm a reverend, and I love sinatra... HILARIOUS)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Real name's Robin. If you can't guess how it's pronounced, go see a Batman flick.

drifter

drifter

It's pronounced Oz-wee-pay

Shannow

Shannow

JCM said:
:rofl: :rofl:

Shegokigo said:
Edrondol said:
Since Dave seems to again playing favourites, try this for size
Chaz said:
Always fun. Maybe I should take a chapter from the JCM book of philosophy and coax ugly girls into threesomes =with my equally ugly girlfriend.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4585&p=159608&hilit=guide#p159608
So Dave, may I suggest trying the right keywords before whining about a private pm in which I apologized over something that I thought was ok (making fun of Chaz´ and wife´s tubbyness).

Nice modding, blowjobbing the troll is a first Ive seen in 15 years of being in online forums. Now I´ll leave the jock to whine on the last word, as usual, with aided ego-boosting by Shannow and ed. Lame, really.

And here I thought you were done, troll. I like how he makes a mistake in searching, and you call it fellating caz because soemone did not side with your little tantrum. you really do live in your own little world, don't you?

Twitch

Christ JCM, that was a little harsh on Ed for no fucking reason...

Why in the hell would I search for him insulting your girlfriend by searching for the word "guide"?!?

You know what, Julio, you used to be a cool dude. Now you're just a bitter, bitter prick. What the fuck happened to you? You need to take a good look at yourself and see what an insufferable asshole you've turned out to be. If you think I've been playing favorites that's your deal. But as of right now you can fuck right off. I realize that this thread is locked (and no, not by me) and that it's impossible for you to respond here, but if you feel the need go right ahead and make a new thread. We can take it there. I'm sick of your negative, unhelpful shitslinging for no other reason than to make yourself feel superior.

tl;dr version:

Fuck off, dipshit.