Pet Peeve rants.

I do think "I like to laugh" isn't inherently useless. Some people are more...severe? Restrained? Withdrawn? Some people really love comedies and carnivals, some people like poetry and contemplating the Meaning of Life. Some people prefer brooding and seriousness over gaiety and laughter. They might like amusement more than fun.

Dear Chief, Majors, Lieutenants, a couple sergeants, and dozens of officers and civilian employees:

< means reply to.
<< means reply to ALL.

Neither I, nor the ENTIRE FUCKING DEPARTMENT, need to be privy to the back and forth discussions y'all are holding.

Sincerely, and with all due respect,
Cpl Officer_Charon.

Chatty bitches should get on IRC if they want to talk.

fade

Staff member
I could watch hot fuzz without laughing, because I already did. Seriously. Couldn't figure out the hype on this one either. And I typically like Pegg, too.

Here's a pet peeve, well a couple of them:

-leaving your cell phone on loud and on your desk and being away from your desk for hrs at a time
-clipping fingernails at said desk
-eating bananas loudly at desk near me

My pet peeve might just stem from an interpersonal entanglement.

GasBandit

Staff member
Here's a pet peeve, well a couple of them:

-leaving your cell phone on loud and on your desk and being away from your desk for hrs at a time
-clipping fingernails at said desk
-eating bananas loudly at desk near me

My pet peeve might just stem from an interpersonal entanglement.
I've clipped my fingernails at my desk, but at least my desk is in my office, away from other people.

Fingernails should not be cut at work unless there is an urgent issue like a broken nail.

There was a contractor at work who clipped his damned nails at work almost every day. Was he a were wolf??? Why did he need to constantly clip?? So gross.

GasBandit

Staff member
Fingernails should not be cut at work unless there is an urgent issue like a broken nail.

There was a contractor at work who clipped his damned nails at work almost every day. Was he a were wolf??? Why did he need to constantly clip?? So gross.
I have to clip them when I first notice they are too long, or else I'll break/peel/bite them off when I'm not paying attention.[DOUBLEPOST=1499275981,1499275958][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have an office with a door then you can do whatever you want in there.
Well, you SAY that, but the door does have a window. :oops:

fade

Staff member
On that same note, people who get a phone call on their unsilenced phone during a meeting that they had tons of notice about or which meets weekly.

On that same note, people who get a phone call on their unsilenced phone during a meeting that they had tons of notice about or which meets weekly.
this seems to be the norm now. what gets me is when their phone goes off again a few minutes later. do people not know how to work their phones or do they not care?[DOUBLEPOST=1499364026,1499363915][/DOUBLEPOST]
Speaking of clipped nails...

I prefer to leave whisker messages in the sink for my wife, but toe nail messages are sweet too.

People who review recipes online but substitute almost everything. One of the reviews for the baked beans I made left out or swapped so much stuff it was a wonder they even used beans at all! And then there's the ones who substituted because they were "out" of an ingredient. The beans take at least 8 hours to soak! GO TO THE FRELLING STORE WHILE YOU WAIT!! Ketchup != tomato paste.