Pet Peeve rants.

Parents that can't figure out basic computer things and then freak out at me for doing exactly what they asked me to do. OMFG. It's just after 7:00am and I haven't slept. Simmer down.

Parents that can't figure out basic computer things and then freak out at me for doing exactly what they asked me to do. OMFG. It's just after 7:00am and I haven't slept. Simmer down.
Most of the grandparents around here probably came of age just as TV exploded on the scene. Then parents during the space race into the first computer boom. We're getting to the point where most everyone grew up with this stuff and should have no excuse.

The other part of that is I turn the ringer of my phone off when I go to bed, and don't turn it back on until I've at least had my coffee in the morning. :)

I do that during my infusions. I haven't been able to make my mother understand that it isn't appropriate for me to have personal phone calls of the non urgent variety of any kind during my treatments, much less hour long ones where she screams into the phone. She does that even when she's not angry. She yells really loud into phones and I don't know why.

There are four of us in the treatment room in recliners and some of the other patients like to sleep. We're there for three hours or so each.

Sometimes I forget to turn my phone back on :). It's awesome.

The other part of that is I turn the ringer of my phone off when I go to bed, and don't turn it back on until I've at least had my coffee in the morning. :)
I have mine set to go on Do Not Disturb mode at 11pm and go back to normal at 7am. No rings. No messages. People on the mainland forget just how many hours we're behind.

Other party: "X?"
Me: "No"
Other party: "But what about....."

I said 'No'. What part of that did you misunderstand?!?!

Every. Fucking. Time. I'm discussing something about internal logic or consistency in fiction and someone throws the "You're complaining about realism in a show that has dragons." throwaway, handwave argument at me.

FUCK. YOU.

Every. Fucking. Time. I'm discussing something about internal logic or consistency in fiction and someone throws the "You're complaining about realism in a show that has dragons." throwaway, handwave argument at me.

FUCK. YOU.

The islands of Pyke have no trees! Where did they get the wood to build 2000 ships and then build them all on 2 months?

Stupid people in grocery stores. Use the carts. That's what they're there for.

Then the shock and stupid look on their face when the gigantic bottle of applesauce shatters at their feet because they can't carry that and a gigantic vegetable tray, several outfits on hangers and a bunch of meat. I mean WTF lady??

Stupid people in grocery stores. Use the carts. That's what they're there for.

Then the shock and stupid look on their face when the gigantic bottle of applesauce shatters at their feet because they can't carry that and a gigantic vegetable tray, several outfits on hangers and a bunch of meat. I mean WTF lady??
"But I was only going to pick up the veggie tray! What is YOUR problem?" /joke

Lol people like that are my problem :)

I shouldn't be out in public the day after my treatment I guess. My immune system has taken a hit so I'm super cranky when people touch me or my cart. I don't mean accidentally. I mean on purpose. "Dear, I'm going to need to move your cart again. We keep wanting the same things". No, I want to kill you lady lol.

See today it's funny. Yesterday, less so.

Well, yeah!
...but could you have guessed who would make the replies?
... ...in the correct order?

--Patrick
I doubt it.

I'd have guessed you and the owl, with a coin toss on the order. I mean, I can't even weight the probability based on the time of day because you keep weird hours.

I doubt it.

I'd have guessed you and the owl, with a coin toss on the order. I mean, I can't even weight the probability based on the time of day because you keep weird hours.
Hey! I'll gave you know I don't go around making bad jokes with just anyone!
Well, I might with that big beautiful eye...

Your watching a movie, trying to get invested, something CRAZY happens...THIRTY SIX HOURS LATER! OH-what do you know, the beginning of the story isn't the beginning of the film! THAT isn't torturous!

Pulp Fiction is an arthouse anthology story with a running plot, I'm talking stuff like Iron Man where the bulk of the film is a straightforward running plot except this ONE scene...which I honestly remember being before the part where he gets hit by the missile, probably because my brain just re-edited it as it made more sense.