Official Halforums Meet-ups

Met with @Denbrought VERY briefly at my SCA event this weekend... I DEARLY wish that I'd had a chance to make it longer, but it was right before the field battles, and after all was said and done, I had obligations elsewhere.

Wish I'd had a chance to do the Den-Den dance with him. :(

Edit: Or had the presence of mind to take a freakin' picture. *headwheel*

Last edited:
Oh man, that'd be pretty awesome - a Halforums SCA meetup.

I'll bring the beer and mead. Y'all bring the @##@&$@ ant-killer!
I only got bit twice, on the right shoulder (that damn fire ant from the unmarked hill inside our vending space went full on Attack on Titan on me). They're just now starting to heal.

I only got bit twice, on the right shoulder (that damn fire ant from the unmarked hill inside our vending space went full on Attack on Titan on me). They're just now starting to heal.
At least with all the rain we've received in the past few days the ants should have drowned in their evil little dens.

Indeed, we had a lengthy walk through a seven-story department store, searching for someplace to sit and chat, because I forgot that it might be crowded on a Saturday afternoon. M'bad!

Anywho, here's us having tea and discussing how Asian food is very bad for your waistline.
20170506_162750.jpg

And this is after Jun very kindly permitted me to grope her husband.
20170506_162634.jpg

Speaking of Asian food, the most famous night market in Taipei is probably Shilin Night Market (士林夜市), but a few years ago it moved from its original site to a new underground venue, and as a result it's lost a lot of its history and traditional atmosphere. As far as night markets go, it's not bad, but it's nothing special any more.

Two night markets I've enjoyed are Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/WEbPETGbaDy) and Tonghua Night Market (通化夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/zZJnaY2AB162). Both of these night markets have plenty of food stands, so they're suitable for snacking from one end to the other.

Speaking of Asian food, the most famous night market in Taipei is probably Shilin Night Market (士林夜市), but a few years ago it moved from its original site to a new underground venue, and as a result it's lost a lot of its history and traditional atmosphere. As far as night markets go, it's not bad, but it's nothing special any more.

Two night markets I've enjoyed are Raohe Night Market (饒河夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/WEbPETGbaDy) and Tonghua Night Market (通化夜市) (https://goo.gl/maps/zZJnaY2AB162). Both of these night markets have plenty of food stands, so they're suitable for snacking from one end to the other.
Oh no! Shilin was the one we liked the go to. It was within walking distance from my in-law. Boooooo.

You're not at the same department store we had our meet up, are you? You hussy! ;)

Oh no! Shilin was the one we liked the go to. It was within walking distance from my in-law. Boooooo.

You're not at the same department store we had our meet up, are you? You hussy! ;)
Oh no no no, different department store. :D

Shilin Night Market is still decent, absolutely. The food's quite yummy. It's just that it used to be one of the most historic and atmospheric night markets in Taipei, and after its relocation it lost a bit of that.

Dave

Staff member
Just ended a fun meetup with Docseverin. (Didn't take any pictures, though, as he didn't really want me to.) He's in town to jump at the College World Series again tonight. This time Kerri didn't get throwup drunk. We talked a lot, he and Kerri drank a lot, then they fell asleep in the big comfy chairs while watching Doctor Strange. And mean the very beginning of Doctor Strange. They were out quick. So I went to bed.

He jumps tonight at about 9:30 pm then we'll take him out to dinner and then back to base.

Been a great visit. What a nice guy.

He does have a couple of messages for a couple of you.

@GasBandit and @Jay - You need to step up your game in the NSFW threads. He's on the road a lot...

GasBandit

Staff member
Just ended a fun meetup with Docseverin. (Didn't take any pictures, though, as he didn't really want me to.) He's in town to jump at the College World Series again tonight. This time Kerri didn't get throwup drunk. We talked a lot, he and Kerri drank a lot, then they fell asleep in the big comfy chairs while watching Doctor Strange. And mean the very beginning of Doctor Strange. They were out quick. So I went to bed.

He jumps tonight at about 9:30 pm then we'll take him out to dinner and then back to base.

Been a great visit. What a nice guy.

He does have a couple of messages for a couple of you.

@GasBandit and @Jay - You need to step up your game in the NSFW threads. He's on the road a lot...
Et Tu, Doc?! I'm practically carrying that subforum single handedly! Well, Film helps.. But Jay definitely needs to pick it up :p

Also I reinstalled Smite after he posted he was looking for people to play with, he added me to his friends list... and I never heard any more on it :p

Dave

Staff member
Et Tu, Doc?! I'm practically carrying that subforum single handedly! Well, Film helps.. But Jay definitely needs to pick it up :p

Also I reinstalled Smite after he posted he was looking for people to play with, he added me to his friends list... and I never heard any more on it :p
Dude travels a LOT. Like...a LOT, man.

Dave

Staff member
Well, the opening ceremonies were cancelled and so Doc didn't jump tonight. Sucks. I was going to take and post video. Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, they were only tornadoes and hail.