Official Halforums Meet-ups

Well, the opening ceremonies were cancelled and so Doc didn't jump tonight. Sucks. I was going to take and post video. Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, they were only tornadoes and hail.
Well, ya know... Army. :awesome:

Dave

Staff member
There was a touchdown of a tornado on base and several houses in the surrounding neighborhoods were damaged or destroyed. Another large branch fell on my car. That's the third time it's happened. And yes, it was parked in different places each time.

There was a touchdown of a tornado on base and several houses in the surrounding neighborhoods were damaged or destroyed. Another large branch fell on my car. That's the third time it's happened. And yes, it was parked in different places each time.
What did you do to piss off Malfurion?

--Patrick

Well, the opening ceremonies were cancelled and so Doc didn't jump tonight. Sucks. I was going to take and post video. Don't know why they weren't going to do it anyway. I'm sure they'd have been safe. I mean, they were only tornadoes and hail.
Is he on the Black team? I get updates on FB, but I forget what team he's on.

Fun fact: you can see Doc Severin's mug (kinda) in the header image on the Golden Knights' "Meet the Team" page. Also, he is Black Team.

Dave

Staff member
Which will you be in? I mean, it's a 2 hour drive one way and a 2 hour drive the opposite way, for me.
I will spend a few days in Houston and then a few days in Austin. One sister lives in Houston so I'll go there first and after I'll head over to Austin. I can also stop 1/2 way for a day if I really need to. I have no timetable other then to take the rental car back on Monday the 31st.

GasBandit

Staff member
I will spend a few days in Houston and then a few days in Austin. One sister lives in Houston so I'll go there first and after I'll head over to Austin. I can also stop 1/2 way for a day if I really need to. I have no timetable other then to take the rental car back on Monday the 31st.
I'm not really right between, It's kind of a wide isosceles triangle with me at the vertex, and the fastest route between Austin and Houston is way to the south where there's not much of interest. Heh, basically, this is probably the single least conducive method to our meeting up that could have been formulated within 100 miles :p

fade

Staff member
I'm in houston. Let me know where your show is so I can purchase the required amount of tomatoes beforehand.

Dave

Staff member
I'm in houston. Let me know where your show is so I can purchase the required amount of tomatoes beforehand.
You'r going to drive to Austin just to see my show? That's kind of you. (No outside food or drink allowed.)

I'm not really right between, It's kind of a wide isosceles triangle with me at the vertex, and the fastest route between Austin and Houston is way to the south where there's not much of interest. Heh, basically, this is probably the single least conducive method to our meeting up that could have been formulated within 100 miles :p
Say, that reminds me.

What is the best thing to come out of College Station

Highway 6

GasBandit

Staff member
Say, that reminds me.

What is the best thing to come out of College Station

Highway 6

Personally I prefer Highway 21, but that comes out of Bryan, technically.

But that's ok, because I also prefer Bryan in most respects :p College Station's actually almost as far up its own ass as Austin, these days.

Oh, TU fixates more on the rivalry than A&M does. They are especially pissed that overall A&M is getting better recruiting classes since they left the "Big whatever the number that isn't 12" conference.

Oh, TU fixates more on the rivalry than A&M does. They are especially pissed that overall A&M is getting better recruiting classes since they left the "Big whatever the number that isn't 12" conference.
The make or break game for a UT coach has always been Oklahoma. a and m was always a side show of the conference, South West or Big12. I always said it really shed a light on the SEC when the worst team in the Big 12 became the 4th best team in the SEC.

fade

Staff member
The admin and the town seemed to be far more into the rivalry when I was at A&M than the students were. Sure, there was the bonfire, but that was more about the bonfire than the actual rivalry.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, @figmentPez and any other Houston forumites, I am setting aside Sunday, July 23 for our official meetup. Plans to be made probably by you because I won't know where to go. My son will be with me as will possibly be other family members like my new sister and possibly brother. Or neither. Who knows? It's up to them.

Then, on Wednesday, July 26, I'm going to hit a comedy open mic in Austin. If I can find one. Any Austin peeps that want to meet the old guy can let me know and I'll fill them in.

I leave on Thursday for Cowboy's Stadium and then home.

I will also be in Oklahoma City on Friday the 21st and Thursday the 27th. But I don't know of any OKC people here. Maybe I just forgot.

So that's it. 2 weeks from tomorrow I get a'movin'.

figmentPez

Staff member
Do you know where in Houston you'll be staying? It's a big city and there's a lot of options.

Though, I will say the Hobbit Cafe is a pretty damn good place to grab a bite.

Dave

Staff member
I'm actually staying in Spring, TX. But I've got a rental car and a lot of time.

And I'll be at the Kick Butt Coffee Music & Booze on Wednesday the 26th. I'll get the times for anyone interested.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm actually staying in Spring, TX. But I've got a rental car and a lot of time.

And I'll be at the Kick Butt Coffee Music & Booze on Wednesday the 26th. I'll get the times for anyone interested.
I don't think I can make Austin, but I'll see what I can do about Spring.