Official Halforums Meet-ups

B

BErt

Yes, do that... There isn't really any pilgrim sex going on. Although if she brings the hat then All. Bets. Are. Off.

B

BErt

...so is @ElJuski the only DC area peep we have here? I'm taking a baseball road trip next week and can meet up.

Also, didn't we just (kinda, but not really - it has been awhile) recently have a thing? Like at my house? Pretty sure a picture happened at that time *cough @stienman cough*

...apologies if I missed it, but I didn't see it posted

Last edited by a moderator:
...so is @ElJuski the only DC area peep we have here? I'm taking a baseball road trip next week and can meet up.

Also, didn't we just (kinda, but not really - it has been awhile) recently have a thing? Like at my house? Pretty sure a picture happened at that time *cough @stienman cough*

...apologies if I missed it, but I didn't see it posted
image.jpeg

We have anyone down in the San Diego / Escondido area? My wife and I are headed down there next week. She has to onboard a new employee, and I don't have a job and need a road trip - this way everyone is satisfied.

Dave

Staff member
I've met BananaHands and HowDroll. I need to meet more of you crazy fuckers. If I ever win the lottery I'll fly you all to me. So I better start buying those tickets.

Actually, if I win that much money I'll fly everyone to Turku to visit Mikko and meet his parents.

Weird. Is Google Drive blocked for you? Someone who can see it, feel free to re-upload it here. I can't on my tablet.
It's not blocked on my end, it's 403-forbidden, which means the server (i.e., Google Drive) has been instructed not to let me have it.
nope.gif

Ahhh. I see the problem.
Where the sharing file link is:
[ MEDIA=googledrive]xxxxxxxxxx[/MEDIA ]
or
https://drive.google.com/open?id=xxxxxxxxxx
Convert to this to share as a pic:
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=xxxxxxxxxx
Example: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9AJYQpA8CKFNWlBbGoxb3RYeHc
becomes this:
[403 - FORBIDDEN]
Yeah that doesn't work either.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Heading down to the CWS to watch Doc jump. Gonna be hot as shit but I think we'll have fun. Going to try and see if we can find him afterwards and take him out for drunk-fest part 2.

It's funny the things you learn about people when you meet them.

• Doc is a really laid back, go with the flow kinda guy. I thought he'd be more intense.
  • His musical tastes are suspect. Well, to me at least. He and my wife share a lot of the same musical likes. They both love pop-style music. You know that song Friday or Party in the USA? Yeah,they both love them. They were sitting at the kitchen table singing "Lost Boy" by Ruth B. Doc can't sing. I'm just saying.
  • Doc is a normal dude with a big dick. He told me to say that. He's done a lot more in his life than a lot of us, but he's also very down to earth and doesn't think the things he's done is anything particularly special. He's uncomfortable with hero-worship and does not, in fact, have a guitar solo following him wherever he goes. Like Tywin Lannister, he does not shit gold. Basically what I'm saying is you can think he's the greatest thing ever, but keep it to yourself. He gets VERY uncomfortable with this stuff.
  • He had a dog that ran away. Fuck that dog.
Doc's a good dude, man. And my wife trying to keep up was amusing. Until 2 am when she was puking and passing out in the bathroom. But it was a good time.

Oh, and that makes three people I've met - two of them staying at my house - and so far I've killed no one.

Doc is a normal dude with a big dick. He told me to say that. He's done a lot more in his life than a lot of us, but he's also very down to earth and doesn't think the things he's done is anything particularly special. He's uncomfortable with hero-worship and does not, in fact, have a guitar solo following him wherever he goes. Like Tywin Lannister, he does not shit gold. Basically what I'm saying is you can think he's the greatest thing ever, but keep it to yourself. He gets VERY uncomfortable with this stuff.
@Docseverin might find this surprising, but I'm not really a psychopath, you're not really a geezer, @ThatNickGuy isn't really a lizard/armadillo hybrid, and @GasBandit isn't actually an Ewok (@Adam may however actually be the forum Madoff). However, we do all have certain characteristics which have been blown out of proportion on the forum until they've become entrenched in lore, and so that's what we talk about.
I don't think Doc needs to worry about filling his own shoes, he's just done stuff that makes the rest of us feel like our lives are humdrum banality, that's all. And so we give him crap (praise) about it.

--Patrick