Official Goblins (comic) Thread

Will Chief ultimately survive this encounter?

• Yes, Chief will survive

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No, Chief will not survive

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I can close this poll now?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • When did we get that?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reading through this thread again, I just noticed that I posted this back in October 2016:

It occurs to me that Minmax may be able to summon a portal to Hell, because he knows Not-Walter's real name (Grinnorarcen) and thus may be able to command him.
And Terrik, rather optimistically, replied:

We'll find out in two months.
Off by just five years, Terrik my man.
Post automatically merged:

Also phil immediately and accurately predicted:

They'll have to get Kin, since she knows it and he's too dumb to remember or will use that as an excuse.

It's been so long since we've seen the goblins that I'd forgotten Ears has already visited the angel and I was like, "Wait why are you guys leaving already, Ears hasn't done the test yet."

It's been so long since we've seen the goblins that I'd forgotten Ears has already visited the angel and I was like, "Wait why are you guys leaving already, Ears hasn't done the test yet."
While on the other hand, I feel the interlude with Kin & Minmax was so short and content-less for a first return there after over a year, it really shouldn't have even been a several-weeks-long cut-away. Frankly, while I *was* invested in that story arc, it's been going so slow I've lost all attachment. This could've been a single "re-united at last" splash page, and it'd have carried the same content and allowed the main story to progress again.

Khore is just a chore I have to get through, I like Minmax & Kin and the Goblins (and some of the other characters who haven't been seen in years). I like that she dares to go relatively slow, not every page has to move the plot...but the combination of 3(+) main story lines interwoven, with an update schedule of one page per 10 days, and the decision to make not every page count, is wearing me out.
OotS updates slowly, but every update moves things along.
Real Life Comics often spends 3 pages in a row setting up a one-off side gag and returns to the story afterwards, but (usually) updates 5/week.

Update schedule is what's going to kill it for me. I do understand that some people are not machines that can go years without missing a single strip but Goblins update schedule is inscrutable to me. And I'm generally a person who enjoys a chonky meandering storyline. One of my favs was Erfworld which admittedly got too chonky and meandering even before it died.

I think Danielle should start moving towards the endgame. The irregular update schedule and lackluster comics is really the final form of a comic that has gone terminal. And better for a rushed ending than just ending it mid story.

So the question that immediately springs to mind is what happens when you throw the Axe of Prissan into the fzzworp field?

figmentPez

Staff member
So the question that immediately springs to mind is what happens when you throw the Axe of Prissan into the fzzworp field?
My guess would be that boss music starts playing, and a very grumpy demon is unleashed upon the world. The best case scenario is that he loses like 5% of his HP because of the fzzworp field.

So... the fzzworp field destroys the magic item, but if there's a soul inside then the soul will be released?

Well now, let's get Kore to walk through it.

So... the fzzworp field destroys the magic item, but if there's a soul inside then the soul will be released?

Well now, let's get Kore to walk through it.
I think you are expecting a positive outcome in a setting which has proven to work on DM WISH rules. Nothing ever works out well for the characters.

This is an interesting reversal of Forgath's situation. Forgath went from squishy dwarven flesh to hard klik material, while Plush went from hard stone to being made of squishiness.

You guys remember Forgath right?

GasBandit

Staff member
This is an interesting reversal of Forgath's situation. Forgath went from squishy dwarven flesh to hard klik material, while Plush went from hard stone to being made of squishiness.

Never heard of him.

Is he your uncle? I think I remember you talking about him.