not so serious but I want to rant II: Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makare

I have to attend a funeral today and I forgot all my nice clothes at school. Today sucks in general but my stupidity sure isn't helping. Sigh.

It's 10am and it's like the sun isn't up at all. I feel so tired and achey...but the kid is a little ball of energy.

Please, PLEASE go down for a nap early today.

It's 10am and it's like the sun isn't up at all. I feel so tired and achey...but the kid is a little ball of energy.

Our former next-door neighbor used to keep a bottle of children's benadryl for that kind of morning, or so she said.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My throat is sore, my nose is stuffy, my limbs feel completely devoid of strength, I have no appetite to speak of, and my intestines are fighting an organ equivalent of the Spanish Civil War.

And yet, no fever.

Goddammit I love autumn...

M

makare

Our former next-door neighbor used to keep a bottle of children's benadryl for that kind of morning, or so she said.[/QUOTE]

That's a tad horrifying to me. o_o[/QUOTE]

When I worked at the preschool there was another daycare in town that got busted for giving their children cough medicine to get them to nap. We all agreed that was deplorable but it led to a lot of wistful sighing on our parts around nap time.

Boo, we did a Canadian thanksgiving dinner tonight for those of us that don't have any nearby family and the girl I'm crushing on got called into work before we served the fucking super dinner we had prepared. Turkey, garlic potatoes, mac and cheese, stuffing, brussel sprouts, beans and mushroom almondine and cranberry sauce. It was a hell of a spread. Sadly, I barely got to talk to her. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

I'm having one of those days where my paranoia takes over and it feels like my friends don't actually like me and have just been humouring me or begrudgingly tolerating my presence for the last 10 years or so.

I hate days like today.

I'm having one of those days where my paranoia takes over and it feels like my friends don't actually like me and have just been humouring me or begrudgingly tolerating my presence for the last 10 years or so.

I hate days like today.
I've had days like that. They suck beyond words. You're an alright guy, Gusto - I'm sure the people who like you actually like you.

@ Gusto: Yeah, I'd tap that. I'd even call, afterwards. :eyebrows:

In all seriousness, you're a pretty chill dude who's a laugh to chat with, on the rare occasions when the Skype Gods have been fortuitous. Keep yer chin up, kid, mighty and Canadian though it may be!

I hate days like today.
Come to Atlanta sometime, we will be best buds and high five all the time, even for no reason.

The girl I like has just posted this as her FB status: "Just decided to get all her back fully covered with tattoos. Blame it to the Sons of Anarchy"

My first instinct was to rant about this because I feel tatoos have a high risk of not looking good (wich is a way to say I don't particularly like them as an idea, even if there are some awesome looking ones out there)

My second instinct was to rant about the fact that I fall in love with girls with these incredibly frivolous aspects about them (like wanting a full back tatoo because she likes a tv show... of course, she has also the X men logo because she likes them and a BSG mandala on her arm...)

My third instinct has been to rant about how I realised I don't really mind and that's my mom speaking from the bottom of my mind disaproving me for liking a girl with tatoos.

(Edit: let me say, though, that BSG and X-men have been obsessions for her. Not so much with Sons of anarchy)

Boo, we did a Canadian thanksgiving dinner tonight for those of us that don't have any nearby family and the girl I'm crushing on got called into work before we served the fucking super dinner we had prepared. Turkey, garlic potatoes, mac and cheese, stuffing, brussel sprouts, beans and mushroom almondine and cranberry sauce. It was a hell of a spread. Sadly, I barely got to talk to her. Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.
Wait, Canadians have to work during their Thanksgiving? That's messed up.

Some places stay open on statutory holidays. Those places have to ask employees if they want to work it, and it usually pays time and a half on top of stat pay.

I've worked the past few Boxing Days because they're super slow customerwise and it's good post-Christmas cash. :)

I really wish my roommates would stop forgetting their laundry in the machines. I don't own a shitload of clothes like they do, I don't need the machines that often, but seriously.

M

makare

I hate the stupid chairs at my school. They are too high and I have to lean forward to put my feet flat on the floor. grrr :mad:

M

makare

Goddamn two rants in one day.

The chick who cut my hair teased it up really high. I look like a chubby Loretta Lynn.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Goddamn two rants in one day.

The chick who cut my hair teased it up really high. I look like a chubby Loretta Lynn.
I don't know who that is... so I'll contend with the image I have of you: a redhead lady Metatron riding into the sunset on a unicorn, drunk off her ass.

M

makare

This isn't really a rant, more of a wtf.

I was in the classroom where my next class would be and I overheard the previous class Prof talking to a student about the student's brother's wedding. It was blah blah blah and then "is she going to want to propagate? Girls today don't want to propagate and if they do, it is just one or two. You need to find a good Irish Catholic girl." The student responded ".....well I think she's Catholic."

It was weird and funny. Doubly funny because this prof looks and sounds like Gene Hackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.