[NFL] NFL Thread

On the one hand, I'm happy to see the Jaguars win. But on the other hand... when is Buffalo going to ever catch a break?

Remember how Tim Tebow for so much shit for running the ball so much?

This game was god awful.

Screenshot_20180107-152237.png

Tim Tebow got shit for being a terrible passer (47.9 completion percentage) and only having a running game, as well as taking a shitload of sacks. Bortles *could* throw (59.1%).

Tim Tebow got shit for being a terrible passer (47.9 completion percentage) and only having a running game, as well as taking a shitload of sacks. Bortles *could* throw (59.1%).
My point was, the Bills defence let Bortles get the most rushing yards of anyone on his team (and for more yards than he threw for), and it got old after about the third time he ran for a first down.

My point was, the Bills defence let Bortles get the most rushing yards of anyone on his team (and for more yards than he threw for), and it got old after about the third time he ran for a first down.
That's fair enough. After three times they should have shut that shit down.

I find it a bit odd that "failure" is making the playoffs nearly every year. Sure he hasn't won a Superbowl, but just ask Cleveland if they'd consider that a failure.

As a fan I really don't ask much more than for my team to go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I am pretty satisfied with that.

When the Texans had that one really good year, my friend screamed and cursed the team for losing the last two games of the year and getting beaten by the Patriots. I was like, DAMN I'd be happy if the Cowboys had that good of a season. 12-4 and a playoff win is pretty awesome.

As a fan I really don't ask much more than for my team to go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I am pretty satisfied with that.

When the Texans had that one really good year, my friend screamed and cursed the team for losing the last two games of the year and getting beaten by the Patriots. I was like, DAMN I'd be happy if the Cowboys had that good of a season. 12-4 and a playoff win is pretty awesome.
Of course, we have a slight problem dere hey when it comes to da Packers, aina?

Firstly, we gotta beat da Bears. Den we gots ta beat da Viqueens. Mosta da time beatin' da Lions is a gimme, though it wasn't this year, fer criminy cripes sake.

Usually, if'n we takes care of da division, we gots to go halfway with tha rest of the conference, doanchaknow. And if we can get some warm weather teams to come up ta Lambeau in December, dere hey, dat's just gravy.

Then we gotta get to the NFC title game. Then we gotta get to the Super Bowl - our coach's name is on tha trophy, doanchaknow dere hey.

An' then, we gotta do the same thing again.

Dave

Staff member
Man, the officials in this game (Minnesota/NO) love to be in the center of things. Some really bad calls and unnecessary.

I was honestly sitting there with my mouth wide open after that last* play.

I honestly did not believe that that could happen.

* - Yes, I know it wasn't the last play; I honestly don't know why they actually bothered with the extra point, unless the NFL argued there was a theoretical half second on the clock (what is this, the NHL or NBA now?).

I was honestly sitting there with my mouth wide open after that last* play.

I honestly did not believe that that could happen.

* - Yes, I know it wasn't the last play; I honestly don't know why they actually bothered with the extra point, unless the NFL argued there was a theoretical half second on the clock (what is this, the NHL or NBA now?).
Required by rule during regulation time. Vikings did the classy thing with just taking a knee too.

Man, I'm just glad we won't be the answer to the trivia question "Name the only team that somehow lost a playoff game to Blake Bortles."

Man, I'm just glad we won't be the answer to the trivia question "Name the only team that somehow lost a playoff game to Blake Bortles."
Bleh.

Had to work. So slept through it all. If UrinatingTree posts a Conglats video, I'll post it here per usual. Unless one of you trolls beats me to it. :p

I was so pumped to see New Orleans taking the win... AND THEN THAT HAPPENED ON THE LAST FUCKING SECOND OF THE GAME.

All I can say is that Loki fucked with William's perception, causing him to miss the tackle.

I had the Viking's game on DVR and the damned thing ran out of time just before the Saints' go ahead kick. When I switched over to live TV they showed the touchdown replay...