New Picture Thread

Thanks! My iPhone made the green background look a different colour but the branch and the flowers look about the same which I don't really understand.

We have several more canvases and I plan to try the painting again tomorrow when I will have time to let each layer dry before I continue to the next step and just more time in general. Our instructor and my daughter had no trouble finishing quickly but I work super slow.

My iPhone made the green background look a different colour but the branch and the flowers look about the same which I don't really understand.
That's either going to have to do with the color temperature of your lighting (fluorescent lights make things greener, for instance) or with the gamut of your camera/display.

--Patrick

I'm working on a Greninja for my son's friend and I started with his gross tongue/scarf.

The paper isn't dirty, I'm not sure why my iPhone camera makes it look that way.

IMG_9958.JPG

Picked up some composition books at Walmart for a little comparison test. 88 cents each.

Brownie points if you can guess what album I was listening to while doing the test. No fair Googling! :p

Doesn't look dirty to me? Just a high tooth paper with a light source to one side.
The room I was in isn't well lit, so I dragged up my LED light that I use for flower pictures.[DOUBLEPOST=1492702550,1492702436][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is that colored pencil or watercolor?
Coloured pencils :)

I'm trying to make this guy look as realistic as a two legged frog who uses his tongue as a scarf can look.

Tin you went to Oklahoma for vaca? on purpose? :p

I grew up about 30-40 minutes N.W. from there. I Grapes of Wraith my way out as soon as I could.
My grandparents had a house there that I visited every summer. As a teen, the fact that there was nothing interesting (to a teen) to do was brutal. As an older adult, it was perfect for a vacation.

The fishing was nice, the change of pace was nice, my folks live there now, and the town has lots of good food. It was a pretty good vacation.

My grandparents had a house there that I visited every summer. As a teen, the fact that there was nothing interesting (to a teen) to do was brutal. As an older adult, it was perfect for a vacation.

The fishing was nice, the change of pace was nice, my folks live there now, and the town has lots of good food. It was a pretty good vacation.
I was giving you a hard time. :D

My wife and I do miss food from OKC. There was a surprisingly nice mix of Vietnamese/Mexican/Burgers/southern places.
You've mentioned before that you had ties to OK. I am surprised to see folks on here in OK, if that makes sense.

A pic of me from this weekend when I officiated my brothers wedding. :)

And for those wondering why my hair is black it is cause the burgundy faded to auburn after a few weeks and when I tried to dye it blue I got black, lol

Ooo, I have that same sweater but the stripe is blue! Good choice! ;)

Dave

Staff member
So really odd question - and I'm not trying to be insensitive here. Are you wanting to change your name here as well?

So really odd question - and I'm not trying to be insensitive here. Are you wanting to change your name here as well?
Is that question directed to all of us in general, or just @fade?

'cause I'd like to change my name to Nermal.

'cause if you could do something for @mroosc1976, now known as @mikerc, you could save me the work of rating all of his posts in a quixotic quest to raise him back up to the giant he was.

Fucking windmills Giants

Now ride, Rocinante! Into the blackhole with my idiocy!

GasBandit

Staff member
What I look like, what FaceApp thinks I would look like if I would smile, what it thinks I would look like old, and what it thinks I would look like if I were female.

FaceApp_1494285379263.jpg