[Rant] Need a place to post concerns/complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think thread derails may have a better chance of being mitigated if there was a place in an 'administrative forum' for people to post their concerns. I don't need to be chided for pointing out hypocrisy by our local sensitive cosplay mod. If I don't respond to it there, I really don't have anywhere to respond to it.

"
You have received a private message from figmentPez

"Adam,

I know you're joking, but please don't push me on this issue in the cosplay area.

I politely overlooked your "FTFY" rewording of Kag's post into something sexual, but I'm not going to keep overlooking you breaking the rules. If you've got a problem with those rules, take it up with me, don't post passive-aggressive sarcasm in the forums.

--
Bruce"​
"

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm out.

I tried to be an adult about this. People didn't like me saying stuff publically, so I took to it PM. That PM then was published, and people were upset about me handling it that way.

Let me know when you guys decide to make sense.

I'm out.

I tried to be an adult about this. People didn't like me saying stuff publically, so I took to it PM. That PM then was published, and people were upset about me handling it that way.

The way you've been acting, I think you leaving would be a good thing for a little while. Come back when you learn not to take everything so seriously.

I'm out.

Being an adult means understanding the difference between "having fun" and sending me a message entitled "Don't push me" saying "I'm not going to keep overlooking you breaking the rules." The rule of quoting you?

figmentPez

Staff member
Being an adult means understanding the difference between "having fun" and sending me a message entitled "Don't push me" saying "I'm not going to keep overlooking you breaking the rules." The rule of quoting you?
From the thread Cosplay Subforum Rules
"Complaining in the cosplay sub-forum about the rules or moderation is banned outside of this thread."

You're right. Hence this post and hence why I deleted my posts in the thread you locked.

But which rule was I breaking that required you to tell me I was breaking the rules?

figmentPez

Staff member
You're right. Hence this post and hence why I deleted my posts in the thread you locked.

But which rule was I breaking that required you to tell me I was breaking the rules?
You were complaining about my moderation when you were "joking" about my compliment to Kags, and you know it.

Waaaaaiiit... lemme get this straight, you posted a "reminder" in Kagz' cosplay thread that people needed to stay away from sexualizing the cosplayers; then made a crack yourself and were called out for it, then locked the thread when someone else noted that you were overreacting, and now are "out" until other people "decide to make sense." Well, slap my disagree button and call me Sally, but it seems to me a good look in the mirror might be in order.

M

makare

Pez, they know, you know they know. Everyone knows everything. Some people care some people don't. The more you try to defend yourself the more glee they get in messing with you. Just walk away mang.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh god! ha ha ha.. he's tagging disagree/really the posts AND replying! That's hilarious. Wait till shego gets here. This will be a riot.

I don't follow the cosplay threads at all, but even a brief glance combined with previous knowledge of the players on the stage leads me to believe it's not "how things are handled" that is the issue, but exactly what is deemed of "needing to be handled." Adam told a joke that hit a LITTLE too close to home for you, so you LOCKED Kag's thread. I guess if they don't respect your authoritah there will be NO FUN TO BE HAD! NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY MOM'S BASEMENT!

Pez, they know, you know they know. Everyone knows everything. Some people care some people don't. The more you try to defend yourself the more glee they get in messing with you. Just walk away mang.
No, see, this is different. This is about a mod breaking his own rules, someone making a joke about it, and that mod then deleting posts left and right and stirring up drama. It's not fair to make this into some sort of bullying situation when Pez is the one instigating it.

figmentPez

Staff member
then made a crack yourself and were called out for it
My comment was not sexual. I commented Kags on having nice legs, I didn't say anything about sex. I realize this may be a difficult concept for many to grasp, but there is a difference between saying "You have nice legs" and "I'd like to be between your legs".

You were complaining about my moderation when you were "joking" about my compliment to Kags, and you know it.
See, now, I took it as actual joking. And as hair-trigger as you are about other people's comments... if Jay had said what you did, you'd have warned or modded him, which I can say, because you did in that very thread. Adam was just calling you on it. You need to take a step back, man.

"It's different when I do it! The rules are for other people!"

Hit that dislike button. Go ahead. It'll really teach me a lesson.

GasBandit

Staff member
There is no other way to construe a comment about a woman's "nice legs" than sexual. You got hoisted by your own petard.

And here's the kicker: Neither your comment, nor half the stuff you white knight against, is actually big scary horrible fuss-inducing stuff.

And let me save you a click: Yes, really. Really.

figmentPez

Staff member
I guarantee you you go into any bar and find a woman on a guy's arms and smile at her and say "nice legs" he will probably hit you.
Say it to a cosplayer and they'll thank you, and most likely think you're paying them a compliment on their figure, not making a sexual advance. Context!

GasBandit

Staff member
Say it to a cosplayer and they'll thank you, and most likely think you're paying them a compliment on their figure, not making a sexual advance. Context!
Fig. Buddy. Pal. Your comment was innocuous. That's not the joke. The joke is that so is all the other stuff you have deemed VERBOTEN IM DER COSPLAY THREADINIEREN! Did anybody think you were stepping out of line? No. They were making Colonel Klink look silly by using the letter of the law against him while ignoring the spirit.

Fig. Buddy. Pal. Your comment was innocuous. That's not the joke. The joke is that so is all the other stuff you have deemed VERBOTEN IM DER COSPLAY THREADINIEREN! Did anybody think you were stepping out of line? No. They were making Colonel Klink look silly by using the letter of the law against him.
Oh my god. This. GB summed it up perfectly. This isn't about how cosplayers should never be complimented because it might be sexual, this is about the fact that you all but outlawed any comments about a woman's physical appearance for fear it would be creepy, then made comments yourself. Even though they can be harmless or nice. And you don't seem capable of understanding any of it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Fig. Buddy. Pal. Your comment was innocuous. That's not the joke. The joke is that so is all the other stuff you have deemed VERBOTEN IM DER COSPLAY THREADINIEREN! Did anybody think you were stepping out of line? No. They were making Colonel Klink look silly by using the letter of the law against him.
Which is exactly what I cited Adam for doing. Passive-aggressively mocking the rules I'm trying to establish, and as long as they're made a joke, it's impossible to begin to apply them fairly. I tried to deal with that via PM, but he decided to go public with that, and continue to exacerbate the problem.

makare, on fig's side of a conversation.... *snap* It all makes sense now.

I finally know who makare reminds me of. Sarah Palin: Always on the side of wrong, no clue that she is, or maybe she does know but truly believes in it anyway.

Also, yeah, "Nice legs" would have gotten a warning at anyonelse if it had been posted by anyone but Fig.

Also, the hilarity of Fig's "Really Really" and "Dislike" without replies has gone from hilarious to sad after so many closed threads. HOWEVER, he is making more of an effort in this thread to actually reply afterwards, so he's a bit justified this time. However wrong his opinion may be.

figmentPez

Staff member
Oh my god. This. GB summed it up perfectly. This isn't about how cosplayers should never be complimented because it might be sexual, this is about the fact that you all but outlawed any comments about a woman's physical appearance for fear it would be creepy, then made comments yourself. And you don't seem capable of understanding any of it.
I didn't outlaw any comments on physical appearance. That's a blatant misrepresentation.

GasBandit

Staff member
Which is exactly what I cited Adam for doing. Passive-aggressively mocking the rules I'm trying to establish, and as long as they're made a joke, it's impossible to begin to apply them fairly. I tried to deal with that via PM, but he decided to go public with that, and continue to exacerbate the problem.
That you felt the need to cite him for it at all illustrates why everybody thinks you're such a cartoon. And then locking the thread put the cherry on the sundae.

A normal person would have said "haw haw good one guys you got me" and moved on.

If your rules can't take a little mocking, maybe they need re-examination.

I think you can compliment someone's appearance without it being vulgar in intention, or degrading, or insulting. And I think that's what the rules were designed to avoid. I think both sides aren't in the right here. I think Pez over-reacted over a mild tease. I think Adam shouldn't have posted a PM. I missed what all got deleted but what I do know is that while Pez may not have been justified in locking that thread, and I don't necessarily agree with him on this, I think this discussion-turned-public-beatdown is uncalled for as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.