Movie News & Miscellany

Warhammer nerds are losing their fucking minds, but I will believe it when it happens. There was an Eisenhorn show supposed to happen at Amazon, but that's been dead in the water since the announcement.

BUT TO SPECULATE

We know Henry digs himself some Custodes, but that would be an unfathomably boring show about dudes standing around in a 10 thousand year old church pretending not to be bored.

Here's the thing about live action 40K. Space Marines are silly. They're all deformed 8 foot tall mutants (heresy!).

I have a feeling, a gut feeling, that this will be a human level thing like Eisenhorn, Cain, or someone else of that nature, but that's just me thinking about money and scope and what these dorky things would actually look like on the screen. I'm 100% certain that's what turned people off of Warcraft so badly (also it being an incomprehensible mess of words and names no one could possibly give a shit about, something else Warhammer is 1000% guilty of).

GasBandit

Staff member
Warhammer nerds are losing their fucking minds, but I will believe it when it happens. There was an Eisenhorn show supposed to happen at Amazon, but that's been dead in the water since the announcement.

BUT TO SPECULATE

We know Henry digs himself some Custodes, but that would be an unfathomably boring show about dudes standing around in a 10 thousand year old church pretending not to be bored.

Here's the thing about live action 40K. Space Marines are silly. They're all deformed 8 foot tall mutants (heresy!).

I have a feeling, a gut feeling, that this will be a human level thing like Eisenhorn, Cain, or someone else of that nature, but that's just me thinking about money and scope and what these dorky things would actually look like on the screen. I'm 100% certain that's what turned people off of Warcraft so badly (also it being an incomprehensible mess of words and names no one could possibly give a shit about, something else Warhammer is 1000% guilty of).
Oh man. I don't think it'd do well, but I'd love to see him as Ciaphas Cain.

I tried asking a friend once what Warhammer was. He went on a tirade for several hours, trying to explain all the factions and their history. Easiest way for me to never be interested.
I feel like it's the sort of thing that would trigger a movie to break out into a huge song-and-dance number.

--Patrick

Ci Ci Ciaphas Cain, HERO OF THE IMPERIUUUUUM!

Warhammer is a thing you get into because a buddy leaves a codex in his bathroom while you're visiting and you thumb through it and think, hey what's this nonsense?

Or is that just me?

Last edited:
Michael Giacchino, who recently directed the Marvel Studios special Werewolf By Night, has just signed with Warner Bros. to direct a remake of the 1954 sci-fi classic Them!, which was about giant, killer ants. (Gizmodo)

Ke Huy Quan at the Golden Globes

Bonus:

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter as part of a recent actors award roundtable, Quan revealed that his lawyer is none other than Jeff Cohen. Does the name ring a bell? Cohen was also in The Goonies and played the iconic role of Chunk. He too left acting decades ago, in his case to become an entertainment lawyer, and it was Cohen who helped Quan close his deal to appear in the film. (Gizmodo)

Ke Huy Quan at the Golden Globes

Bonus:

Speaking to the Hollywood Reporter as part of a recent actors award roundtable, Quan revealed that his lawyer is none other than Jeff Cohen. Does the name ring a bell? Cohen was also in The Goonies and played the iconic role of Chunk. He too left acting decades ago, in his case to become an entertainment lawyer, and it was Cohen who helped Quan close his deal to appear in the film. (Gizmodo)
He fucking deserved it. Also that might be my favorite movie ever

So... actually, no one really knows? If you look at the actual trailer, there is very clearly a Green Ranger there. So ether he's in it and they are downplaying it because of the suicide or someone else (probably Johnny Young Bosch) is going to be the Green Ranger.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't been mentioned here, but earlier this week Netflix posted new rules about password sharing to the help center on it's website. Restrictions included needing devices to check into a home network every 31 days, or get cut off. Needing to request special 7 day access passes for streaming to devices outside of the home network, etc.

Now Netflix is backpedaling like crazy, after a huge wave of people complaining online, and rightly saying that they'll cancel their subscription before dealing with such bullshit. Netflix Deletes New Password Sharing Rules, Claims They Were Posted in Error

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm kinda surprised that this hasn't been mentioned here, but earlier this week Netflix posted new rules about password sharing to the help center on it's website. Restrictions included needing devices to check into a home network every 31 days, or get cut off. Needing to request special 7 day access passes for streaming to devices outside of the home network, etc.

Now Netflix is backpedaling like crazy, after a huge wave of people complaining online, and rightly saying that they'll cancel their subscription before dealing with such bullshit. Netflix Deletes New Password Sharing Rules, Claims They Were Posted in Error
I was quite prepared to cancel my netflix without a fuss even prior to this. The only reason I keep paying for it is because my father likes it, and I let him use my account. I haven't watched anything actually USING netflix in quite a long time. Just another nudge toward Plex and torrents that was barely necessary.

It does seem like the last few months have been a period of very lucrative companies doing very dumb things.

It does seem like the last few months have been a period of very lucrative companies doing very dumb things.
It's come to their attention that they are only making a fuckton of money, but not all the money. This is unacceptable, and requires them to spit in the faces of their customers. Private islands don't come cheap for these CEOs and investors, ya know.

They just can't be happy making money from 80% and accept 20% piracy, they have to chase the (unattainable) 100% profit/0% piracy ideal "...because that's what we [Netflix] deserve!"

Well I guess while we're discussing all these ideal absolutes, I want vegetables/milk to never go bad until the date printed on them no matter how I store them, I want my car to always get that top mileage number that it's rated for no matter how I drive it, I want my map directions to always give me the exact time it will take to get a bus/taxi/drive somewhere regardless of what time of day/year it is, etc.

--Patrick