Missing Halforumite (Non-Bubble Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I left. I'd say it was 50% for me and 50% for the rest of you. I dig most of the people here, but had a tough time not rising to the bait of the couple who I didn't. I figured instead of being aggravated and having it spill over into the thread (and my personal life), I'd move on.

I can still be reached through personal message or emailed directly at brian.j.paasch@gmail.com and of course have my blog still going strong. I hope you're all doing well and keep on trucking. Maybe I'll be back one day.

A few people made sure Mathias got banned and then flew off into space, one mission accomplished and another waiting for them... somewhere.

A few people made sure Mathias got banned and then flew off into space, one mission accomplished and another waiting for them... somewhere.
What's hilarious is that they were so very sure that Silent Bob was Mathias. Yet Dave confirmed, reconfirmed, and re-re-re-REconfirmed that it was not him. And when they didn't believe him, they had themselves an exodus.

...that said, it the Bobster did turn out to be Mathias, I wouldn't be too surprised. Not that I'm going to start a witch hunt on the poor guy like the IRC people did. Lord knows we could use some new blood in here sometimes.

Ok, not coming back. Two things-

1. Didn't have anything to do with Mathias being banned. But hey, that's obviously going to keep being the narrative by those same people who convinced me this place isn't for me anymore. Congrats, QP, you got your way. That's exactly the drama I decided i had no time for and wasn't interested in experiencing every time I posted.

2. Nick, I left before Bob even showed up. Just ask Dave. I never even saw the dude.

Anyways, most of you were pretty cool.

Sorry, man. I don't mean to lump you in there with the rest of the IRC people. I'm just going by what someone else told me. And the only thing that had to do with Mathias being banned was Mathias. He brought that upon himself after being given multiple chances. I don't know where you read otherwise, because that's how I've always seen it and I'm pretty sure most others see it that way, too.

And the only thing that had to do with Mathias being banned was Mathias.
This is correct. I just think it's funny that once he was gone, so were his most vocal opponents.

As for Bob, I don't believe he's Mathias; I was joking around. But I do think if they ever met up, they'd get along great.

As for Bob, I don't believe he's Mathias; I was joking around. But I do think if they ever met up, they'd get along great.
I think the vast majority of us would get along well with Mathias if we knew him in real life. He just pushed the forum's limits one too many times.

What's hilarious is that they were so very sure that Silent Bob was Mathias. Yet Dave confirmed, reconfirmed, and re-re-re-REconfirmed that it was not him. And when they didn't believe him, they had themselves an exodus.

...that said, it the Bobster did turn out to be Mathias, I wouldn't be too surprised. Not that I'm going to start a witch hunt on the poor guy like the IRC people did. Lord knows we could use some new blood in here sometimes.

You guys pick weird things to obsess over.

Bob cannot possibly be in any way, shape or form, be Mathias. Bob has said and done things that would make Mathias' head explode in a partisan fury, and vice versa. It's just a logical impossibility.

No self respecting Pens fan would, even in jest, admit to anything less than a seething hatred of the Flyers. :p

The defense rests. :)

If anything on this forum* causes you to stress and fret in real life, then it's probably a good idea to leave, because you're taking it far too seriously.

*That includes this post.

If anything on this forum* causes you to stress and fret in real life, then it's probably a good idea to leave, because you're taking it far too seriously.

*That includes this post.

This is how I look every time I read one of your posts.

I have no idea who any of these new people are, but it makes me feel good not to be the new guy anymore.

Also, I'm kinda interested as to why all these people left. Makare seemed alright.
Hey, you still ARE the new guy... :-P

And I left because, well, yeah. Just because.

But now I'm back. At least for a few posts. :)

North_Ranger

Staff member
Yup, I left. I'd say it was 50% for me and 50% for the rest of you. I dig most of the people here, but had a tough time not rising to the bait of the couple who I didn't. I figured instead of being aggravated and having it spill over into the thread (and my personal life), I'd move on.

I can still be reached through personal message or emailed directly at brian.j.paasch@gmail.com and of course have my blog still going strong. I hope you're all doing well and keep on trucking. Maybe I'll be back one day.
I do hope you will be, Krisken ol' boy. I always liked the cut of your jib. And I was actually saddened when I realized you had not been around in this neck of the woods anymore.

I hope things turn out the better for you, and you'll come back to share your opinions and ideas with us once more.[DOUBLEPOST=1344586578][/DOUBLEPOST]
True, true. The mods made sure Mathias got banned for repeatedly breaking the forum rules.

That is what you meant, QP?

Isn't it?

1. Krisken : sad to see you gone. I do completely understand your reasoning, though.
2. I don't give a flying fuck's ass if Silent Bob is Matthias or not. If he is, he's had some pretty good crash course therapy and is once again the smart and intelligent guy was 90% of the rest of the time, but has suddenyl changed opinions on a number of things and has changed a number of preferences. Seems unlikely. If he's not, we need to clone him a few times so we have more new and interesting blood. People. I meant people. Yes. *cough*
3. Ravenpoe : there are a number of posters here who make/made it a habit to troll other users and try to get them to blow up. Almost everyone has some buttons to push. I seriously considered leaving (again) because of :tina: , I can understand Krisken and some others who have the same feeling. The problem is that leaving because you're upset means the trolls succeed. A forum that chases away people who dare show feelings or who dare voice an opinion and leaves the trolls will soon be a very unpleasant place.
4. Tress : you realize Orkin uses owls to catch rodents, right? Calling Orkin on me will just get me a better job :p

Oh, so more people did leave on my account.

Jeez... I somehow feel special? Yup, this place has just the right amount of crazy to stick around.

Silent Bob awwwwwwwaaaaaaaaay

BananaHands

Staff member
I'm just glad that rough patch is over and we're not dealing with constant "what can we do to fix (x)" threads and people rage-quitting every day.

I'm just glad that rough patch is over and we're not dealing with constant "what can we do to fix (x)" threads and people rage-quitting every day.
What, I'm not allowed to ask what I can do to fix my leaking faucet on these boards anymore? Well, that's it. I quit.

I find it funny that when Shego left in protest of the ban some Philly guy who's name I don't remember anymore, Makare stopped posting actively shortly thereafter.

pcwk9.jpg

Your warhammer scratchbuilds and painting are still kickass. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.