Export thread

Missing Halforumite (Non-Bubble Edition)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

So what happened to Mathias? I miss that guy.

Jay

Jay

YuPfx.gif

strawman

strawman

General Specific

General Specific

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

back away cat.gif

Bones

Bones

my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-untitled2.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

strawman

strawman

PatrThom

PatrThom

funny-gif-cat-flying-fall.gif

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Hylian

Hylian

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Frank

Frank

I'm not gonna lie, this music popped into my head when I opened this thread.

I think I might be losing my mind lately.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Man, this guys like the Halforum Voldemort.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

What happened to shego?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

What happened to shego?

She basically didn't like that Chaz got kicked out and left. She still reads the forms occasionally and does a few posts, but it's pretty rare.

Jay

Jay

1OoGc.gif

Gusto

Gusto

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

She basically didn't like that Chaz got kicked out and left. She still reads the forms occasionally and does a few posts, but it's pretty rare.
I thought she was also busy with some big things going on in her life too. But what do I know, I'm just a bumble-fish head thing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bring back @Invader!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yeah... I do miss her, admittedly. And that's all you're getting out of me.

I wonder if she'd come back if I drew that picture I had in mind? The one with Harley Quinn, Shego and Wanda Firebaugh in a... risqué situation.

In the meantime...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Shego didn't quit. She said she had something big going on in her life, and that she'd give us an update once It's final.

You guys are worse gossips than a sewing circle.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Who isn't? Those guys are pro. But what do I know, I'm just a bumble-fish head thing.

Dave

Dave

Necronic

Necronic

FREE CHAZ!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'll take it!

Necronic

Necronic

You already took 1 Nelson Mandela PLUS a Tibet. Being more than a little greedy imho.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ooh, sorry, CJ. The Steam sale on Chaz has already expired.

drifter

drifter

Oh, forgot about this with the avatar switch.

Also, vaguely disappointed Dave didn't end the thread with this:

ElJuski

ElJuski

JUST watched this episode this morning. Him flying back up and sitting down trumps all else in this one.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

JUST watched this episode this morning. Him flying back up and sitting down trumps all else in this one.
Just thank GOD the PTA hasn't disbanded

Gusto

Gusto

Let's use our phony guns as clubs!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ooo, so can we sort the user list by "most recently departed"?
That would be useful.

--Patrick

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

On a serious note, where's Silver Jelly been?

Chippy

Chippy

Tress

Tress

Did someone chase makare away?

Dave

Dave

Yes.

Gusto

Gusto

Sorta.

Tress

Tress

What happened??

Gusto

Gusto

No comment.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Were there things in the place with the guys?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awww maaan... Why can't we all just get along?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Where's the fun in that? :D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I thought that phrase can only be used sarcastically ;)

That being said, I find it sad she's gone.

drifter

drifter

I assumed she decided to hang out in IRC in lieu of the forum. Can any IRC users confirm?

I also has a sad that Silver Jelly hasn't been around.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That's an affirmative. There are a few of the "cabal" who remain on both. Those who left will have to come back on their own. I have neither the time nor the energy to try to bring them back into the fold. Their issues are theirs alone.

Bones

Bones

I assumed she decided to hang out in IRC in lieu of the forum. Can any IRC users confirm?
yeah, she is still in #pvponline.

Tress

Tress

Aaaannnd I just noticed Krisken has been gone for a while too. His last post was around the same time as makare. I'm starting to sense a pattern... and it's pathetic that I only noticed after all this time. I r smart.

So... what the fuck happened?

drifter

drifter

Fade hasn't been posting for a while, either.

I KNOW YOU'RE OUT THERE FADE

Frank

Frank

Aaaannnd I just noticed Krisken has been gone for a while too. His last post was around the same time as makare. I'm starting to sense a pattern... and it's pathetic that I only noticed after all this time. I r smart.

So... what the fuck happened?
Krisken's moved on too.

Terrik

Terrik

At least I'm still here.

Right guys?

Guys?

:foreveralone:

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I find all this interesting. People coming and going, and I have no idea what's going on.

strawman

strawman

I find all this interesting...I have no idea what's going on.
Your avatar fits so well...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dang. I don't know whether to be more upset that people left, or that I hadn't figured out that they'd left.

--Patrick

SACAWYAH

the sad part?

going away for so long that when you come back no one ever asked where you were, as if you've been here the whole time, lurking, and then someone who doesn't really know who you are assures others you are still here, just lurking, when really you've been in a Aperture Science Computer Aided Enrichment Center for what feels like hundreds of years. No, I guess the really sad part is thinking the rest of this post was a sad part.[DOUBLEPOST=1344513512][/DOUBLEPOST]and while I'm hijacking this thread to moan about chaz ruining guest posting for the rest of us, wtf is this "spy" thing?

And the books thing? what the hell is that?
Chaz is gone?
And Zenmonkey's back?
Cats and dogs living together??!!

Dave

Dave

Oh shit! I turned that off when I was checking an error and haven't turned it back on.[DOUBLEPOST=1344513713][/DOUBLEPOST]Try it now.

SACAWYAH

...fascinating.

Dave

Dave

Weird. It's working for me.

SACAWYAH

what are books?

Dave

Dave

Clicken ze link. (Is that the correct German?)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Clicken ze link. (Is that the correct German?)
Klicken die Link, Schweinehunde!

(no, that's not correct German either. I'm making fun of those few Germans on this board, hoping to chase them all away! MUHAHAHAH!)

A more serious answer would be something in the nature of "Darf Ich Sie bitten, den Hyperlink klicken?", I'm aware that it's still missing something but my feeling for language stops at Dutch :p

LittleSin

LittleSin

Wow. What has happened? Did the IRC just say 'Fuck it!'?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

*el snippo* and while I'm hijacking this thread to moan about chaz ruining guest posting for the rest of us *el snippo, el parte dos*
Hey, you're here posting, and got me wondering what's that in your avvie, so I count that as a plus. Stick around and hit the Introduce thread.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The IRC folk were always a different kinda group, anyway, weren't they? Kind of a clique that associated with each other and their own inside joke more so than the forums?

I'd be curious to know the story behind their mass exodus, though. If anyone knows, do please send me a private message.

Charlie Don't Surf

Charlie Don't Surf

the IRC people got tired of secretly running the forums

BananaHands

BananaHands

Is that what Shegokigo has been doing? Offing the IRC group one by one?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

the IRC people got tired of secretly running the forums
When you learn to be funny, do let me know. Because so far, you's failin'. You's failin' hard.

drifter

drifter

Hey, you're here posting, and got me wondering what's that in your avvie, so I count that as a plus. Stick around and hit the Introduce thread.
Looks like bibimbap?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

When you learn to be funny, do let me know. Because so far, you's failin'. You's failin' hard.
I thought it was funny.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

NR, despite the fact that you in this case refers to a single object, "you is" is improper. You should actually be using "you are". "You is" just make it sound like you are uneducated.

Bubble181

Bubble181

NR, despite the fact that you in this case refers to a single object, "you is" is improper. You should actually be using "you are". "You is" just make it sound like you are uneducated.
Youse failing, mister? Yousa failing the hard! Meesa Funny? :p

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Not to mention contractions are improper.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Looks like bibimbap?
I thought maybe it was hot pot.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

Could be, but the stone bowl (traditional for bibimbap) and side dishes in the background make me think Korean food.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I heard the IRC crew are all involved in an ongoing filibuster in the Mod forums, which is why we can't see them.

LittleSin

LittleSin

You pulling that out of your ass or is that the rumour? :p

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You pulling that out of your ass or is that the rumour? :p
What would be the difference?

LittleSin

LittleSin

One is him fuckin' with me the other is at least him having heard something.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

My ass has been known to never tell a lie

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's him removing things out of his ass.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Intriguing.

Edit: Uh oh. N_R weighs in.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

My ass has been known to never tell a lie
You're thinking of your hips, dude. Your ass is one big blowhard.

Andi

Andi

Hi guys, did anybody miss me?

And what the fuck is this shit about chaz being gone? And Shego? And why is Bubble still here?

BananaHands

BananaHands

We have a halforums wiki!?

Tress

Tress

Hi guys, did anybody miss me?

And what the fuck is this shit about chaz being gone? And Shego? And why is Bubble still here?
Chaz is taking an involuntary permanent vacation from the forums.

Shego hasn't been back since leaving a cryptic message regarding important things in her personal life.

Bubble181 is here because no matter how many traps we leave out he keeps running around, chewing holes in the walls. I've been telling Dave we need to call Orkin for weeks now.

Andi

Andi

We have a halforums wiki!?
Yes, one of the aspiring projects in the beginnings of halforums. I'm quite astonished it hasn't been deactivated yet. Well, I think it isn't necessary, as it is more or less abandonned right now.

Edit: Where can I read the drama that led to chaz inevitable but permanent ban from the holy halls of halforum? (You know, for simple and primitive voyeuristic reasons... :Leyla: (oh, how I missed this smiley! :Leyla:)

Andi

Andi

Thanks! I hope I'm man enough to wade through those threads...

BananaHands

BananaHands

Thanks! I hope I'm man enough to wade through those threads...
I apologize for the lack of cute puppy gifs in those threads. I had that week off.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes, one of the aspiring projects in the beginnings of halforums. I'm quite astonished it hasn't been deactivated yet. Well, I think it isn't necessary, as it is more or less abandonned right now.
Eh, somebody still updates their user page maybe once a month. Haven't had a new meme to add to the meme list in a while, but BAN ALL (NOUN) is getting close.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I feel so bizarre, new-old posters are coming out of the woodwork. And I feel bad I don't know any of these people that are being welcomed back to the fold. What is happening?!?

Andi

Andi

Don't feel bad, this happens to me all the time.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

a large number of coincidences

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

I have no idea who any of these new people are, but it makes me feel good not to be the new guy anymore.

Also, I'm kinda interested as to why all these people left. Makare seemed alright.

Tress

Tress

Also, I'm kinda interested as to why all these people left. Makare seemed alright.
Oh, the irony.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Oh, the irony.
She/He wasn't? (I'm assuming that person was a she because of the pink avatar)

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

(I'm assuming that person was a she because of the pink avatar)
You goddamn son of a bitch

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

...motherfucker

SACAWYAH

some people I'm certain lurk, in my case, I've always gone away for long periods of time and comeback, like Haley's comet. i was just lucky someone gave me a ride into town for internet access today, two days in a row, woo! Now if I could just get a decent espresso...

And NR, just think back to a certain painting of reindeer horns and another with violent red hair.

drifter

drifter

I thought so. Nice to see you back.

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Sorry ma'am :awesome:

Chippy

Chippy

the fucking irony in this post. oh my GOD

PatrThom

PatrThom

...motherfucker
People With Four Names like pink avatars?

--Patrick

Telephius

Telephius

Does that mean I have to gain a title to go behind my username?

Krisken

Krisken

Yup, I left. I'd say it was 50% for me and 50% for the rest of you. I dig most of the people here, but had a tough time not rising to the bait of the couple who I didn't. I figured instead of being aggravated and having it spill over into the thread (and my personal life), I'd move on.

I can still be reached through personal message or emailed directly at brian.j.paasch@gmail.com and of course have my blog still going strong. I hope you're all doing well and keep on trucking. Maybe I'll be back one day.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

A few people made sure Mathias got banned and then flew off into space, one mission accomplished and another waiting for them... somewhere.

BananaHands

BananaHands

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

A few people made sure Mathias got banned and then flew off into space, one mission accomplished and another waiting for them... somewhere.
What's hilarious is that they were so very sure that Silent Bob was Mathias. Yet Dave confirmed, reconfirmed, and re-re-re-REconfirmed that it was not him. And when they didn't believe him, they had themselves an exodus.

...that said, it the Bobster did turn out to be Mathias, I wouldn't be too surprised. Not that I'm going to start a witch hunt on the poor guy like the IRC people did. Lord knows we could use some new blood in here sometimes.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Does that mean I have to gain a title to go behind my username?
Slurpee Connoisseur

Krisken

Krisken

Ok, not coming back. Two things-

1. Didn't have anything to do with Mathias being banned. But hey, that's obviously going to keep being the narrative by those same people who convinced me this place isn't for me anymore. Congrats, QP, you got your way. That's exactly the drama I decided i had no time for and wasn't interested in experiencing every time I posted.

2. Nick, I left before Bob even showed up. Just ask Dave. I never even saw the dude.

Anyways, most of you were pretty cool.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry, man. I don't mean to lump you in there with the rest of the IRC people. I'm just going by what someone else told me. And the only thing that had to do with Mathias being banned was Mathias. He brought that upon himself after being given multiple chances. I don't know where you read otherwise, because that's how I've always seen it and I'm pretty sure most others see it that way, too.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

And the only thing that had to do with Mathias being banned was Mathias.
This is correct. I just think it's funny that once he was gone, so were his most vocal opponents.

As for Bob, I don't believe he's Mathias; I was joking around. But I do think if they ever met up, they'd get along great.

Tress

Tress

As for Bob, I don't believe he's Mathias; I was joking around. But I do think if they ever met up, they'd get along great.
I think the vast majority of us would get along well with Mathias if we knew him in real life. He just pushed the forum's limits one too many times.

Chippy

Chippy

What's hilarious is that they were so very sure that Silent Bob was Mathias. Yet Dave confirmed, reconfirmed, and re-re-re-REconfirmed that it was not him. And when they didn't believe him, they had themselves an exodus.

...that said, it the Bobster did turn out to be Mathias, I wouldn't be too surprised. Not that I'm going to start a witch hunt on the poor guy like the IRC people did. Lord knows we could use some new blood in here sometimes.

You guys pick weird things to obsess over.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Bob cannot possibly be in any way, shape or form, be Mathias. Bob has said and done things that would make Mathias' head explode in a partisan fury, and vice versa. It's just a logical impossibility.

No self respecting Pens fan would, even in jest, admit to anything less than a seething hatred of the Flyers. :p

The defense rests. :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If anything on this forum* causes you to stress and fret in real life, then it's probably a good idea to leave, because you're taking it far too seriously.

*That includes this post.

Tress

Tress

If anything on this forum* causes you to stress and fret in real life, then it's probably a good idea to leave, because you're taking it far too seriously.

This is how I look every time I read one of your posts.

Frank

Frank

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Ok, you're right. Broken image links do make me rage pretty hard.

Frank

Frank

Aww, it's not broken for me.

Andi

Andi

I have no idea who any of these new people are, but it makes me feel good not to be the new guy anymore.

Hey, you still ARE the new guy... :-P

And I left because, well, yeah. Just because.

But now I'm back. At least for a few posts. :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yup, I left. I'd say it was 50% for me and 50% for the rest of you. I dig most of the people here, but had a tough time not rising to the bait of the couple who I didn't. I figured instead of being aggravated and having it spill over into the thread (and my personal life), I'd move on.

I can still be reached through personal message or emailed directly at brian.j.paasch@gmail.com and of course have my blog still going strong. I hope you're all doing well and keep on trucking. Maybe I'll be back one day.
I do hope you will be, Krisken ol' boy. I always liked the cut of your jib. And I was actually saddened when I realized you had not been around in this neck of the woods anymore.

I hope things turn out the better for you, and you'll come back to share your opinions and ideas with us once more.[DOUBLEPOST=1344586578][/DOUBLEPOST]
True, true. The mods made sure Mathias got banned for repeatedly breaking the forum rules.

That is what you meant, QP?

Isn't it?

Bubble181

Bubble181

1. Krisken : sad to see you gone. I do completely understand your reasoning, though.
2. I don't give a flying fuck's ass if Silent Bob is Matthias or not. If he is, he's had some pretty good crash course therapy and is once again the smart and intelligent guy was 90% of the rest of the time, but has suddenyl changed opinions on a number of things and has changed a number of preferences. Seems unlikely. If he's not, we need to clone him a few times so we have more new and interesting blood. People. I meant people. Yes. *cough*
3. Ravenpoe : there are a number of posters here who make/made it a habit to troll other users and try to get them to blow up. Almost everyone has some buttons to push. I seriously considered leaving (again) because of :tina: , I can understand Krisken and some others who have the same feeling. The problem is that leaving because you're upset means the trolls succeed. A forum that chases away people who dare show feelings or who dare voice an opinion and leaves the trolls will soon be a very unpleasant place.
4. Tress : you realize Orkin uses owls to catch rodents, right? Calling Orkin on me will just get me a better job :p

Silent Bob

Silent Bob

Oh, so more people did leave on my account.

Jeez... I somehow feel special? Yup, this place has just the right amount of crazy to stick around.

Silent Bob awwwwwwwaaaaaaaaay

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Yup. This guy's a keeper. :D

Though if people left on his account, maybe we should call him Silent Bawwwwwwwwwwwb!

BananaHands

BananaHands

I'm just glad that rough patch is over and we're not dealing with constant "what can we do to fix (x)" threads and people rage-quitting every day.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm just glad that rough patch is over and we're not dealing with constant "what can we do to fix (x)" threads and people rage-quitting every day.
What, I'm not allowed to ask what I can do to fix my leaking faucet on these boards anymore? Well, that's it. I quit.

Jay

Jay

I find it funny that when Shego left in protest of the ban some Philly guy who's name I don't remember anymore, Makare stopped posting actively shortly thereafter.

pcwk9.jpg

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Your warhammer scratchbuilds and painting are still kickass. Just wanted to throw that out there.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I'm kinda glad that the drama is over though.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Oh, so more people did leave on my account.

Jeez... I somehow feel special? Yup, this place has just the right amount of crazy to stick around.

Silent Bob awwwwwwwaaaaaaaaay

I can't stop watching and laughing at that chair fail :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm kinda glad that the drama is over though.
No drama?! We can't have that. THIS IS HALFORUMS!

So fine. I'm starting drama with you, Ash. With this:

I do not like the cut of your jib.

Jay

Jay

I do not like the cut of your jib.
F84kd.gif

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Then quit climbing the curtains all the time!

--Patrick

SeraRelm

Jax

Jax

Might as well be a good place to ask as any other place: what's up with Bumble and Allen's similar avatar? (or should I say simile... :ninja:)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Might as well be a good place to ask as any other place: what's up with Bumble and Allen's similar avatar? (or should I say simile... :ninja:)
We tried to clone users to up the number of good people around here. unfortunately, it didn't quite work out. They look alike, but don't act alike. You can easily tell which one's the clone, adn why we had to stop.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

The biggest up with it is that it's animated.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

The biggest up with it is that it's animated.

Man, that is really creeping me out...

BananaHands

BananaHands

What, I'm not allowed to ask what I can do to fix my leaking faucet on these boards anymore? Well, that's it. I quit.
SCREW YOUR FAUCET I QUIT THIS FORUM

Jay

Jay

SCREW YOUR FAUCET I QUIT THIS FORUM
4nAAE.gif

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

True, true. The mods made sure Mathias got banned for repeatedly breaking the forum rules.

That is what you meant, QP?

Isn't it?
No, because colored text is for squares.

Like Nick said, we know what happened. It's kind of sad that an empty, silly comment like mine could push Krisken away again. RavenPoe put it well--if things here are getting you upset, leave. Or take a break at the very least. What goes on here should not be stressing you out. I honestly was on the verge of taking a break after a certain recent thread because of my disgust over certain people here, but I got over it. That's what a person should do: get over it or stay off this thing until you can get over it. What you don't do is get pissy because the place isn't suiting serious business. It's never been that kind of place. Hell, that was part of Mathias's problem. He could give a joke, but couldn't take one, and got either whiny or pissed when someone gave him what he was giving.

Still wish he was around, but in case people couldn't tell by the first page, this thread was a joke.

...Like your moms.

...in bed.

Andi

Andi

Btw, speaking of lost forumites...

Where is JCM???

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Where is JCM???
We're all just JCM alts.

I think he's busy training his heir.

Jay

Jay

Where is JCM???
Qc7Ty.gif

drifter

drifter

Where is JCM???

After the marriage and kids, I think he's just busy with real life. Bubble is Facebook friends with him, I believe, if you're truly curious.

Andi

Andi

Ah, yes, I remember his first offspring... So he "squeezed out" at least another rugrat... I guess this means we should all be very, very worried... :-P

I was just curious, because back at the day I've been posting quite a lot... Ehm, I mean "he" was posting quite a lot...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Whenever anybody talks about "certain people" in a post in a negative context, I always like to believe it's me, and giggle. Of course, sometimes I AM.

Andi

Andi

Whenever anybody talks about "certain people" in a post in a negative context, I always like to believe it's me, and giggle. Of course, sometimes I AM.
Well certain people always think it's them... :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well certain people always think it's them... :p

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

And you know, there's that GasBandit asshole. Man, how did he manage to stick around? Only thing he's good for is...hm. Well, I'm sure he's been helpful with...hrm.

Yeah, you know what? I also do not like the cut of his jib.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What's with all the jib cutting? Are they emo jibs?

--Patrick

Chippy

Chippy

No, because colored text is for squares.

Like Nick said, we know what happened. It's kind of sad that an empty, silly comment like mine could push Krisken away again. RavenPoe put it well--if things here are getting you upset, leave. Or take a break at the very least. What goes on here should not be stressing you out. I honestly was on the verge of taking a break after a certain recent thread because of my disgust over certain people here, but I got over it. That's what a person should do: get over it or stay off this thing until you can get over it. What you don't do is get pissy because the place isn't suiting serious business. It's never been that kind of place. Hell, that was part of Mathias's problem. He could give a joke, but couldn't take one, and got either whiny or pissed when someone gave him what he was giving.

Still wish he was around, but in case people couldn't tell by the first page, this thread was a joke.

...Like your moms.

...in bed.
"ya, ya'll are taking this too seriously. now back to my conspiracy about how a clique is getting people banned on an internet forum."

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

"ya, ya'll are taking this too seriously. now back to my conspiracy about how a clique is getting people banned on an internet forum."
I get it now!

North_Ranger said:

:aaah:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oh my god...

THE CALL IS COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE.

Jake

Jake

Donkey penis.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

No no no. It's minotaur penis.

BananaHands

BananaHands

No no no. It's minotaur penis.
Do you fancy it?

blotsfan

blotsfan

No self respecting Pens fan would, even in jest, admit to anything less than a seething hatred of the Flyers. :p
Uh oh...

I love my Eagles and Phillies, but I hate the Flyers. Go figure.
https://www.halforums.com/threads/rant-viii-the-reckoning.27941/page-8#post-967747

GasBandit

GasBandit

And you know, there's that GasBandit asshole. Man, how did he manage to stick around? Only thing he's good for is...hm. Well, I'm sure he's been helpful with...hrm.

Yeah, you know what? I also do not like the cut of his jib.
Sorry, who?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Sorry, who?
I don't know. Some guy. Probably before your time.

Jay

Jay

uJNKH.png

GasBandit

GasBandit

I don't know. Some guy. Probably before your time.
Ohhhh, now I know who. You're talking about ME, aren't you?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Psh. No. No! No, of course not! Why would you ever think that I...

...yes.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Psh. No. No! No, of course not! Why would ever think that I...

...yes.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Someone go get Chibi back.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Anyone got his email address?Maybe some emails from a couple of boardmembers will change his mind.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I have him on Facebook. Maybe I could talk to him. I miss him too!

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

You're so vain, you probably think this post is about you don't you, don't you?

Bowielee

Bowielee

Off the top of my head, here's a list of regulars who are no longer here:

JCM
Shegokigo
Krisken
Chibibar
Makare
Calleja
Silver Jelly
Adammon/Adam

GasBandit

GasBandit

This can only end in bitter recrimination.

Vrii

Vrii

Off the top of my head, here's a list of regulars who are no longer here:

JCM
Shegokigo
Krisken
Chibibar
Makare
Calleja
Silver Jelly
Adammon/Adam
Tinwhistler, Amy.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Icarus
M-80
Chaz

LordRendar

LordRendar

He is still here.Posted a couple of times in the last days.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Icarus
M-80
Chaz
And Mav.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

And it is too bad we mixed Icarus up with Iaculus.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Didn't we also have someone who was very into weather forecasting, and possibly a full-blown meteorologist?
That's Ross .

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That can't be right. Ross is an archaeologist.

Wait, hang on...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Someone needs to collect these into a list. I mean, if only there was, like, a wiki or something where we could track this.

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm kind of thrilled I'm actually in the wiki...

As is the 'I bought a shirt and danced like this'.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I miss HowDroll .

Docseverin

Docseverin

Rasputin was the meteorologist I believe.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think I recall her saying something about how school starting will be keeping her busy.

HowDroll

HowDroll

I think I recall her saying something about how school starting will be keeping her busy.
I launched a business back on August 1 and am juggling 5 clients at the moment, and yeah, grad school starts again next week :) I have to resist the siren song of spending the day fucking around on the internet (which was how I spent most of my day when I was working for The Man.) I'm still lurking, though. Put the Droll signal into the sky, and I shall come.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What would a "Droll Signal" look like, exactly?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

A Dickerdoodle.

BananaHands

BananaHands

GasBandit

GasBandit

A Dickerdoodle.
Wouldn't the cloud-projected silhouette of a dickerdoodle just be... a really misshapen dick?

Frank

Frank

I kind of assumed Droll's signal would be a silhouette of a child in a God awful beauty pageant dress mid-thrust.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Wouldn't the cloud-projected silhouette of a dickerdoodle just be... a really misshapen dick?
My dickerdoodles are accurate, man.

SACAWYAH

Awwwu, how sweet.

Andi

Andi

Tinwhistler, Amy.
Tonguewhistler

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

A Dickerdoodle.
A deep dish pizza dickerdoodle.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Has anyone heard or seen Philosopher B. in recent times?[DOUBLEPOST=1345204736][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, Vytamindi.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What ever happened to that Dave guy? He used to run the place or something, right? Did someone finally usurp him after he went mad with power?

BananaHands

BananaHands

What ever happened to that Dave guy? He used to run the place or something, right? Did someone finally usurp him after he went mad with power?
I off'd him and replaced him with a doppelganger.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

So does that make him a Davelganger?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

All joking aside, is Iaculus still around?

GasBandit

GasBandit

All joking aside, is Iaculus still around?
According to his profile, not in over a year.

Jay

Jay

I'm not in the wiki

Lol

Colisse

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Tabernak... moi non plus.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Je parle au toilette?

Frank

Frank

Ok, enough parseltongue.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

J'habite dans une souffleuse à neige avec mon hot dog nommé Fred.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

That's not sanitary...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Speaking French unsanitary? I agree.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Mon Dieu! :eek:

BananaHands

BananaHands

I only speak Tengwar.

drifter

drifter

Kadir beneath Mo Moteh.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Kiteo, his eyes closed.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Mirab, with sails unfurled.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Darmok, on the ocean

Gusto

Gusto

Temba, his arms wide!

GasBandit

GasBandit

If any of you Big Girl's Blouses are grumpy about not being in the wiki, IT'S A FREAKIN WIKI. ADD the PAGE.

Shaka, when the walls fell.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not grumping, just amuz-ed. *grins*

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Man, the only mention of me on the wiki is in the page for the IRC Channel, where I appear in some of the logs about the creation of the halforums forum.

Although, in reading that, I found this, taken from the same time:

[13:02] <+Edrondol> I am not going to ban anyone, including Invader. I don't want this place to be oppressive.
You know... just sayin.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know... just sayin.
Heh, that was in reference to banning from the IRC channel, though :p and and the pvponline channel definitely banned some folks.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

If you're not in the wiki, it's because no one likes you.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

:(

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

It's funny, because I don't have one either.

Terrik

Terrik

I created my own page for myself some time ago :foreveralone:

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

^Me too. :okay:

Ross

Ross

Rasputin was the meteorologist I believe.
I was Rasputin... changed my name to Ross at some point. Been working as a meteorologist with a private company for 2.5 years now.

Bubble181

Bubble181

meteorologist with a private company
Since the only private companies that have any use for a meteorologist* are TV stations, and we all know there's no Ross working for CNN as a weather reporter, it's safe to assume he's building a Weather Control Device for a Mad Scientist hell-bent on taking over the world.

*I'm aware this is not the case; I have a couple of friends who're meteorologists. I still mock them for being weather girls on TV too, yes. Sorry. :p

Ross

Ross

Since the only private companies that have any use for a meteorologist* are TV stations, and we all know there's no Ross working for CNN as a weather reporter, it's safe to assume he's building a Weather Control Device for a Mad Scientist hell-bent on taking over the world.

*I'm aware this is not the case; I have a couple of friends who're meteorologists. I still mock them for being weather girls on TV too, yes. Sorry. :p
You're quite astute, sir... I've got a prototype in the works. Testing begins this fall.

...mua ha ha ha.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You're quite astute, sir... I've got a prototype in the works. Testing begins this fall.

...mua ha ha ha.
Better hurry up. I have a strong suspicion one of your competitors has already begun field testing, and has chosen Belgium as a test site because nobody cares about what weather it is over here :p

Dave

Dave

I always follow Ross on Facebook. He posts cool stuff about where tornadoes are going to hit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I always follow Ross on Facebook. He posts cool stuff about where tornadoes are going to hit.
That's because he's calling his shots.

Dave

Dave

I've heard if you pray hard enough you can divert hurricanes away from the Republican National Convention.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Looks like it worked.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I created my own page for myself some time ago :foreveralone:
I assumed this was how everyone who's in the wiki got their pages. Like GB said, it's a wiki. You can edit it.

evilmike

evilmike

I've heard if you pray hard enough you can divert hurricanes away from the Republican National Convention.

Though, to do so is to incur the wrath of Samuel L. Jackson
@SamuelLJackson said:
Unfair Shit: GOP spared by Issac ! NOLA prolly Fucked Again! Not understanding God's plan!
Link

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Whatever happened to Darkangel?

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Her marriage ended and she moved on.
Oh, well that sucks. I returned from a long hiatus just as that was going down I guess.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What happened to Fade? It has been over a month since his last post.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I assumed this was how everyone who's in the wiki got their pages. Like GB said, it's a wiki. You can edit it.
That's how some of them got there, but not many. One day I got fed up with waiting and randomly made a bunch of user pages, making sure to say something unflattering in each one, and posted a thread about it. That link in my sig is serious. Define your chosen alternate reality or I will.

drifter

drifter

What happened to Fade? It has been over a month since his last post.
More collateral damage from the Chazening? Although he had some RL stuff going on too, as I recall.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

That's how some of them got there, but not many. One day I got fed up with waiting and randomly made a bunch of user pages, making sure to say something unflattering in each one, and posted a thread about it. That link in my sig is serious. Define your chosen alternate reality or I will.
I forgot about that, but I remember it now. It might have been why I opted to write my own.

Tress

Tress

Okay, who was the moron that started stalking Silent Bob on FB?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Wait.. what?

Vrii

Vrii

Am I the only one a bit thrown off that the thread was immediately locked down?

drifter

drifter

Yeah, I thought that was odd. Maybe an attempt to forestall a witchhunt?

Also, totes wasn't me. :ninja:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, I thought that was odd. Maybe an attempt to forestall a witchhunt
Bingo. I didn't lock it, but I've had my fill of finger pointing today.

Dave

Dave

It was locked down to prevent even more ack-ack. The person in question saw something fishy and looked it up. It wasn't really stalking as everything was public domain. The person was just trying to solve a mystery. No, I'm not gonna say who it was to anyone. They are good people and even though this kinda backfired, it wasn't done maliciously.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I don't think locking it will stop the witch hunt.[DOUBLEPOST=1346282668][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was locked down to prevent even more ack-ack.

All I could think of.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Jesus Christ, seriously? The guy posted pictures of himself. I'm pretty sure Chaz had before and didn't look remotely like that.

I mean, are we just going to have a witch hunt for every new person that joins? Clearly, Squidleybits needs to be investigated to prove that she's not Chaz. Or Gilgamesh.

At this rate, we're just going to scare off every single new person like we're hunting a changeling on Star Trek: DS9.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Jesus Christ, seriously? The guy posted pictures of himself. I'm pretty sure Chaz had before and didn't look remotely like that.
Is that what it was about? I mean, on one hand I hope that's what it was and that it wasn't actually somebody stalking the dude, but on the other.... how many times did the guy have to deny it, prove it with pictures, and more to the point, who even cares that much in the first place?!

Tress

Tress

I look forward the to next time someone from Pennsylvania joins the forum and foolishly dares to express a strong opinion. Apparently if we can't have Chaz around here to serve as a villain we'll just keep making new Chaz's.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

And in the end, Chaz will always have the last laugh on us.

Gusto

Gusto

Is that what it was about? I mean, on one hand I hope that's what it was and that it wasn't actually somebody stalking the dude, but on the other.... how many times did the guy have to deny it, prove it with pictures, and more to the point, who even cares that much in the first place?!
For the record, this is my stance.

I locked the goodbye thread because by-and-large, we don't allow goodbye threads, especially ones that, as Seej said, would only devolve into a witch hunt.

For the record, don't turn this into a witch hunt. Dave says that the person in question didn't do it maliciously and probably didn't expect this outcome. And Dave is the only other person who knows who did it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I hope Silent Bob comes back. I liked him. :(

Espy

Espy

Lets get back to talking about other missing halforumites.

Where the heck is Invader anyway?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I am sure there are some who will hate me for asking, but where the hell is Juski?

Espy

Espy

Heh...

Boner.

Heh.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Heh...

Boner.

Heh.
Now it's a re-boner.

Bones

Bones

hey did someone call my name? oh boner...nevermind

blotsfan

blotsfan

Chaz isn't the poster we deserve, but he's the one we need.

Well maybe some people here deserve him.

Shakey

Shakey

The fuck is wrong with some people. Who cares who is who. We're all just a god damn avatar that some people randomly change to piss us off.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just hope the various mods have by now learned that locking a potentially explosive thread without making a final, explanatory post in that thread about why it's being locked is very likely to blow up in their face. Even with the explanation, it's not a sure thing. Around here, locking threads is chumming the water.

Shakey

Shakey

I just hope the various mods have by now learned that locking a potentially explosive thread without making a final, explanatory post in that thread about why it's being locked is very likely to blow up in their face. Even with the explanation, it's not a sure thing. Around here, locking threads is chumming the water.
Yes, it makes people look for a reason. Even if it makes no sense. CHAZ STALKED BOB FOR TAKING HIS PLACE!!!!!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Umm... I'm not seeing any sig, GB ol' boy.[DOUBLEPOST=1346314886][/DOUBLEPOST]Ah, there it is.

evilmike

evilmike

Dave says that the person in question didn't do it maliciously and probably didn't expect this outcome. And Dave is the only other person who knows who did it.

The real question isn't "who did it?". It's "has this person apologized to Silent Bob ?"

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

*reads about what happened*

*headdesks*

I fuckin' hate you people sometimes...

Jay

Jay

Adam.

Zappit

Zappit

So Silent Bob is not Chaz, evidence backs that up, yet Silent Bob was still subject to such scrutiny?

This is why we can't have nice things...or new members, apparently.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Good people or not I would like to know why a person from here thought it was okay to look this guy up.

It was a twatty move. I like Silent Bob. :(

Vrii

Vrii

I'm also curious how Bob found out about it. Was the person just hopelessly incompetent, or did they send a message afterwards saying "hey I've been stalking you for a bit but you checked out, so I guess you can stay!"

Either way, the whole thing is weird as fuck. Why do people take this place so seriously that they feel the need to run background checks on new posters?

LittleSin

LittleSin

It is, indeed, weird. I come here to nerd out a bit, commiserate and tell random stories from my life in the hopes of entertaining a few of you. I would hope Joe Blow whoever could sign up and be able to do the same thing with out being 'checked out'.

I don't even care if the hypothetical Joe Blow IS a banned member as long as they are acting like a decent human being this time.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Now I'm actually really glad I haven't posted any facebook related stuff here... this whole thing has left a real sour taste in my mouth.

Jay

Jay

Meh, who gives a shit.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Meh, who gives a shit.
The people posting in this thread sharing how they feel about it.

Or was that rhetorical?

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Meh, who gives a shit.
Kind of does suck to lose people, regardless of how -real- a reason they give.

Jay

Jay

Since people are able to talk freely in a thread that hasn't been squashed mere minutes after its creation, here's what I feel.

Same shit, different day. We've all been here before... and we'll be here again... my stance isn't likely to change.

IMO, we're a community that isn't hard to get involved with, despite the emo-ness some posters may have due to RL issues and stress... however we are saints compared to other forums I post on. People integrate with us as much as they don't.... just like real life and jobs... sometimes it simply doesn't pan out.. Don't make a big deal about it and take things (and life!) with a grain of salt. If someone feels alienated by this little.... good luck in life my friend.

There are far more important issues around here than losing a fluffer with not even a few hundred posts compared to say the exodus of several posters of longtime standing on these forums such as Shegs, Adam, Chaz, Krispie and whatnot. Say what you will about specific people and all but it's far more difficult to swallow the losses of these type of posters who felt alienated by poor moderation and elaboration on staff actions than say.... a poster with a few hundred posts who has a history of issues with other posters with his short tenure.

To be frank, I'm more annoyed at people going "WAAAH, another noob publically cried about something no one really gives a shit about" then there ever was, "Why the FUCK did Adam stop posting here?"

That... in my honest opinion isn't fair.

Thus why, I REALLY don't give a shit IMO.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I miss Shegokigo...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Shegs kept saying she was coming back, and that she was just busy. Unless I missed something.

Personally, I think she knows where Krisken is.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I miss Shegokigo...
I do to. I wish she'd come back, even if just to say she has a fantastic life and is now living as Queen and rub it in our faces just how happy she is.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

^This

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Seems like we've lost a lot of prominent members in the past few months. :(

Zappit

Zappit

Okay, folks. It happened again. We've lost another one. We need to deal with it and move on.

But we should learn something from it - about limiting the forum drama to the forum, to give new members the benefit of the doubt that they're not a banned member, and to bring major concerns to the mods privately - not taking things into your own hands as it only makes it far worse.

The moderators here aren't doing a bad job. They do step in when necessary, but they seem to at least give us the chance to work it out on our own, like mature adults should. I personally would hate to lose that kind of freedom under a moderation crackdown. Hell, I got into it with Charlie in the Taylor Swift thread, but we never let it get out of hand. The banter, to me, was actually kind of fun. No need for moderator intervention, just restraint on both sides. That's all we need to avoid virtually all our drama.

One of our major goals is to grow, to bring in new blood with new personalities. If we look at every new member with a hint of suspicion, we won't achieve that. We'll have more incidents, more people leaving. We'll grow stagnant, and wither.

And eventually, this community will die out.

We have been through to much - seen more Kurtzpocolypses than many people here can remember, but we kept coming back, kept fighting to survive because this community meant something, was truly worth something. That fight for survival was worth every major relocation, every rebuilding effort. When we tracked down old members, it was to tell them that we did not go quietly after a forum nuke...and they would come back. We cannot delve into the private lives of members unless they invite us to, that they decide to share that with us.

The last thing that should happen, the thing that should never happen, especially after what we've done to preserve this community, is to bring it down by our own hands.

So give those new people the benefit of the doubt, give them a chance. If problems arise or old history comes calling, we should deal with it then, not raise the pitchforks and torches with no real reason to.

Well, that's about all I have to say on the matter.

GasBandit

GasBandit

People need to get back to talking about stuff instead of talking about each other. It's the very nature of this medium that people come and go and probably go more than come. But the more we make this board about each other, the harder it is for new people to pierce the scaly, hard shell of the clique and join in, and the more drama left by the exit wound when somebody leaves. I know, it's great you have a kid and want to post pictures of it in the pictures thread and yadda yadda yadda that's fine. But just remember the more you personalize and make the board about its users, the more you guarantee drama and isolationism. So keep it under control, and make an effort to do more than just that.

Reminds me of the saying - Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Shallow minds discuss people. Step up your game and stop making posts about eachother and make more posts about things that the others, and new people, can also post about.

LittleSin

LittleSin

In other words: Get a blog?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Even more than that. We need to combat passivity. I'm sometimes just as guilty of this as anyone, but we need to stop just coming here to see what other people are saying and respond to it. We need to break out of our subscribed thread rut. We need things to talk about that isn't just another forumite. We need to make it so that it's more interesting, more automatic, to click "what's new" than "watched threads."

Everybody go out into the world wide interweb and find something you think is interesting. Bring it back. Start a thread about it and link to it in your post, and go on to describe what you think about that thing. I don't care what it is. Comics. Politics. Cosplay. Video games. Whatever. When you find something you think is interesting, bring it back here and post about it. I guarantee you, if we make it a habit to post about and discuss interesting things, instead of each other, we'll get more new people and lose less old people.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I wish I could like through tapatalk

we'll get more new people and lose less old people.
Sigh. I was hoping to not have this chat with you for a very long time, Gas. You know people, especially Dave, get older, Gas, and eventually they will no longer be with us, especially Dave. I hope this helped you learn about the circle of live, Gas

Zappit

Zappit

...we'll get more new people and lose less old people.
So we need Obamacare is what you're saying, then?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Okay, look. I've held this back as long as I can.

I am Chaz. I have always been Chaz. Can I prove it? No. Can you prove that I'm not? No.

There. Witch hunt away.

Zappit

Zappit

I am Chaz. I have always been Chaz. Can I prove it? No. Can you prove that I'm not? No.

There. Witch hunt away.
I am Sparticus! No, wait...I am Chazwooz, Chazwoh...how the hell did he spell it?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I think it's spelled Mathias.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I always spelled it Cheezwaffle.

Chazwozel

There. Witch hunt away.
Amateur.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I'm littlesin

LittleSin

LittleSin

I'm LittleKagsin. I just typo'd really bad and was to embarrassed to admit it so a new persona was born!

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

People need to get back to talking about stuff instead of talking about each other. It's the very nature of this medium that people come and go and probably go more than come. But the more we make this board about each other, the harder it is for new people to pierce the scaly, hard shell of the clique and join in, and the more drama left by the exit wound when somebody leaves. I know, it's great you have a kid and want to post pictures of it in the pictures thread and yadda yadda yadda that's fine. But just remember the more you personalize and make the board about its users, the more you guarantee drama and isolationism. So keep it under control, and make an effort to do more than just that.

Reminds me of the saying - Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Shallow minds discuss people. Step up your game and stop making posts about eachother and make more posts about things that the others, and new people, can also post about.
-looks at posts since this one-
el-oh-el

GasBandit

GasBandit

-looks at posts since this one-
el-oh-el
OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T START A NEW THREAD IN AN HOUR AND A HALF, you twit.

I did, however, post in 2 threads that I had not posted in previously.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T START A NEW THREAD IN AN HOUR AND A HALF, you twit.
I think he meant that after you posted that, everyone continued to not shut up about members leaving in this thread.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think he meant that after you posted that, everyone continued to not shut up about members leaving in this thread.
If that's what was meant, I retract.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Not true. I posted about Dave getting old and dieing

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Fair enough.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

If that's what was meant, I retract.
Then retract you shall.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Then retract you shall.
WTF-Gif-Horse-neck-retract-chomping.gif

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

LOLwut?

Jay

Jay

TBH... I was LeQuack.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Guys , I've been Scott Kurtz all along.

I just . . . I missed you guys!! :(

Oh, and please stay tuned for a new Lolbat arc next week! :awesome:

Jay

Jay

I'm Shego.

Think about it.
This.... is quite a wealth of humor to me.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm Shego.

Think about it.
It all makes sense now.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I'm actually American.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Ha! Called it. Pay up, Dave.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm actually American.
I'm actually Finnish!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

AND I'M FINNISHED!!!

/takes toys and storms out.

See Y'all tomorrow.

Terrik

Terrik

I'm debating cost of food vs health of my bowels and convenience.

Guess which is winning.

PatrThom

PatrThom

We need to make it so that it's more interesting, more automatic, to click "what's new" than "watched threads."
Wh...why would you do anything else? Until your statement, I honestly didn't even know there was an option to only show the watched threads. I assumed the menu option was there so that you could change your watched thread settings.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, that does it. I'm out. Not gonna be hanging around here anymore.

At least for 2 weeks, I'm off for a road trip around Europe, Germany-Croatia-Italy-France. See you! Try not to scare away any other interesting folks in the meantime, mmkay?

Jax

Jax

I'm actually Finnish!
So do YOU like sauna pants, then?

Dave

Dave

Well, that does it. I'm out. Not gonna be hanging around here anymore.

At least for 2 weeks, I'm off for a road trip around Europe, Germany-Croatia-Italy-France. See you! Try not to scare away any other interesting folks in the meantime, mmkay?
You, sir, are a dork. Have fun!

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yoshi's back...

In case you couldn't tell by the 50 billion new posts. That boy has some ENERGY.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

So do YOU like sauna pants, then?
Don't go there, bub. Don't you fuckin' go there.

strawman

strawman

He didn't just go there, he moved there, opened his own business, had a family, enjoyed his grandchildren, and was buried there.

He's long past just "going there".

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

He didn't just go there, he moved there, opened his own business, had a family, enjoyed his grandchildren, and was buried there.

He's long past just "going there".
Oh well. Time to torch the business, steal the money of his widow, introduce his grandchildren to reality TV and piss on his grave, then.

Gared

Gared

Oh well. Time to torch the business, steal the money of his widow, introduce his grandchildren to reality TV and piss on his grave, then.
Now you're thinkin' like a true American, NR.

strawman

strawman

Now you're thinkin' like a true American, NR.
I didn't see anything about an assault weapon, though?

Gared

Gared

I didn't see anything about an assault weapon, though?
I said American, not 'Murican.

Jax

Jax

Just be glad there isn't a sauna pants flipping GIF out there.

...Yet.

Calleja

Calleja

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I'm reading the past and THIS PAST SUCKS HALFORUMS.

This is what happens when I leave? You guys are The Doctor and I'm the companion? without me you become bitter, misanthropic weirdos?

No, but really, I'm Chazwozel.

LordRendar

LordRendar

You are our Flash.

Shannow

Shannow

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

This is what happens when I leave? You guys are The Doctor and I'm the companion? without me you become bitter, misanthropic weirdos?

I concur. When I came back and saw that whole thing, it made me sadface.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

I'd avoid the Hall of Shame.[DOUBLEPOST=1357660124][/DOUBLEPOST]Although there are plenty of adorable animal gifs in there.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Oh man. Those puppies. That thread was the best.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh man. Those puppies. That thread was the best.
I know, right!? We need more threads like that.

Calleja

Calleja

I liked the otter threads!

Krisken

Krisken

I dunno, there is a whole lot less drama now. There hasn't been a forum blow up in a long time

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

I dunno, there is a whole lot less drama now. There hasn't been a forum blow up in a long time
That's because both sides of the mess are now mostly gone.

Calleja

Calleja

But there are lots of missing people, aren't they? :(

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

But there are lots of missing people, aren't they? :(
There is, but there are new ones as well. As well as part-timers. Like heatherling.

Krisken

Krisken

I wouldn't say lots, maybe 6, though I admit those six tended to post a lot. The drama that followed them like a dirt cloud for Pig Pen, though, was thick enough to drive away twice that in new people. I am no longer wary of directing people here.

Calleja

Calleja

I wouldn't say lots, maybe 6, though I admit those six tended to post a lot. The drama that followed them like a dirt cloud for Pig Pen, though, was thick enough to drive away twice that in new people. I am no longer wary of directing people here.
Well maybe I can change that? :ninja:

(i won't)

(Ok, I'll TRY not to)

blotsfan

blotsfan

Man, aren't the Beatles a terrible band?

Really hoping that was Calleja.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Maybe we just need to sit down and ask ourselves "Who are we and who do we want to be?".

:hide:

Krisken

Krisken

It's good to have you back, Calleja. :)

Bones

Bones

what I always found strange was when after all the people that makare disliked left and thus she had no one to fight with or about, she seemed to just walk away.

Calleja

Calleja

in my experience makare was barely on the forums at all, mostly on IRC all day. I was one of those that was on both sides, although I've always been a forumite.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Do we really need to reopen this masturbatory exercise in navel-gazing?

Calleja

Calleja

Do we really need to reopen this masturbatory exercise in navel-gazing?
Yes, cause I wasn't around. Not knowing about this would be like moving to the US in the 1870s and not know about the Civil War.

Also YAAAAAY GASBANDIT!!! My favorite libertarian and ewok.

Krisken

Krisken

makare has been awful busy lately with her allergies and working after graduating law school. I know she's studying for the bar exam too, so I almost never see her in the IRC.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

People still use IRC?!

Krisken

Krisken

People still use IRC?!
Rarely. I hop in from time to time hoping to get a conversation.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I used to, during slow periods at work. The lines of chat entered per minute there often fell below the decimal point, sometimes by 2 digits. But that was how we ended up with an official minecraft server for 2-3 years - it started off being just the server one of the guys in the IRC ran.

Calleja

Calleja

Do we still have a minecraft server?

If we don't... can we get one up again? :Leyla:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Do we still have a minecraft server?

If we don't... can we get one up again? :Leyla:
As I said, we did for over 2 years, but it expired in November. Nobody was really playing on it any more. The maps are still up at gasbanditry.com/minecraft

Calleja

Calleja

Damn,that must have been fun, I'm sorry I missed the Minecraftian hijinks

linglingface

linglingface

Part-timer Heatherling, back in action (for now)!

Chippy

Chippy

Ya'll should fight more

Krisken

Krisken

GasBandit

GasBandit

cow-fight.gif

Calleja

Calleja

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ya'll should fight more
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!

figmentPez

figmentPez

what I always found strange was when after all the people that makare disliked left and thus she had no one to fight with or about, she seemed to just walk away.
Aww, I would have called her Makare more often if I thought it would keep her around.

Krisken

Krisken

Aww, I would have called her Makare more often if I thought it would keep her around.
haha, it wouldn't. She hated her name being capitalized :D

Nevermind, now I get it. Holy slow tonight I am.

Chippy

Chippy

PatrThom

PatrThom

365b.png

I LOL'd.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I miss Amorous Eyes (I wonder if mentions work with a space in the name...)

Calleja

Calleja

What happened with Ame? And has Amy been around at all since 2011?

figmentPez

figmentPez

AmE!!!
Super Happy Bouncing Red Jello.gif

I hope it's a good sort of busy that's keeping you from the forums.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That is seriously the cutest gif I have ever seen. If I were jello, that would be me.

Gusto

Gusto

Reminds me of something that might be in Yoshi's Island.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Or something I fought by the hundreds in Zelda 2.

Jay

Jay

That is seriously the cutest gif I have ever seen. If I were jello, that would be me.
Challenge accepted.

Cutest_6689dc_2182496.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

If it were a fox, it might just win. ;)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Quick, someone find video of a jumping fox, stick some anime eyes on it, and we'll have the perfect GIF for Kags! (Of course, we might never hear from her again. She'll just sit, transfixed at her computer screen staring at the cute fox bouncing up and down...)

LordRendar

LordRendar

I love foxes too.Even got a fox tattoo.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Fox bros!!! :)

They're my absolute favorite. That has to be the best tattoo ever.

Adam

Adam

I actually suspect @Yoshimickster's brain works in a similar fashion

LordRendar

LordRendar

Adam

Adam

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

That is AWESOME. The lines and flow are fantastic.

LordRendar

LordRendar

i want to do some kind of background or something,so my leg dosnt feel so naked,but I also dont want to take the focus away from the fox.

evilmike

evilmike

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I hope you come up with something someday LordRendar! I await pic's if it happens. :)

Jay

Jay

fox-jump-in-snow.gif

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

C'mon guys find me a fox gif I haven't seen before. Now that is my challenge to you all. :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

C'mon guys find me a fox gif I haven't seen before. Now that is my challenge to you all. :p

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

YOUWINYOUWINYOUWINNNN Ravenpoe!!!!!!!

Calleja

Calleja

Have you seen this one, LittleKagsin?

[DOUBLEPOST=1358811407][/DOUBLEPOST]Fennec Foxes count as Foxes, right?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thank you Calleja! I have seen that, but it always deserves another watch. :)

Yep, Fennec's are considerded foxes. There are around 12 types of 'true' foxes, well..12 in the Vulpes family. Fennec foxes are the smallest fox. My favorites are Red Foxes.

Have you guys ever heard a fox call? Cutest thing ever. Ever.

Calleja

Calleja

IS IT ALSO PURRING!?

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

YESSS!! I love how they sound, it's all purr-y and woof-ish. :)

Jay

Jay

Calleja

Calleja

Did... did you just post the same thing I did?

Jay

Jay

Did... did you just post the same thing I did?
http://tinyurl.com/b5e7hq3

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Well...I did say it always deserves another watch...:D

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Jay

Jay

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

He did too many barrel rolls.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Calleja

Calleja

Either that's the most broken link ever or I don't get the joke

PatrThom

PatrThom

The chirping is what really makes that fennec video.

--Patrick

bhamv3

bhamv3

This immediately sprang to mind:
1-22-2013 11-29-29 PM.jpg

Jay

Jay

Either that's the most broken link ever or I don't get the joke
XxWdM.gif

BananaHands

BananaHands

HEY GUYS I LEAVE FOR FOUR DAYS AND I COME BACK AND NOT ONE PERSON IS MAKING A THREAD OR DECLARING THE FORUM DEAD GEEZ.

Gusto

Gusto

HEY GUYS I LEAVE FOR FOUR DAYS AND I COME BACK AND NOT ONE PERSON IS MAKING A THREAD OR DECLARING THE FORUM DEAD GEEZ.
I missed you and followed your antics on the Faceboxes.

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

You left? :awesome:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Does that mean that we were Bananahands free for a couple of days? :p

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Does that mean that we were Bananahands free for a couple of days? :p
That means we could have used the forum while driving, right?

BananaHands

BananaHands

You guys are jerks. Except Gusto. He's a homeboy.

Now I'm going to play Left4Dead 2 and feel sad.[DOUBLEPOST=1358899231][/DOUBLEPOST]And you guys should totally play too if we're Steam Friendz.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That means we could have used the forum while driving, right?
I don't know. Officer_Charon might've ticketed us if he saw us.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I missed you too BananaHands!! My tumblr was awfully quiet.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I missed you too BananaHands!! My tumblr was awfully quiet.
Is that code? :unibrow:

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Is that code? :unibrow:
Oh ho ho, my lips are sealed. :ninja:

Calleja

Calleja

I must confess I always think of the OTHER lips when a woman says "my lips are sealed". Imagine the no-mouth scene from Matrix, but with a vajayjay.

Dave

Dave

I must confess I always think of the OTHER lips when a woman says "my lips are sealed". Imagine the no-mouth scene from Matrix, but with a vajayjay.
Aaaaaand now it's creepy. :D

Or sexy. I always get the two confused.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I seriously don't think I even have a proper emoticon to share how I feel about this statement. Terrified horror? I don't even know.

You're terrible. :)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Given my lack of experience with the female lips, I can only imagine this from a detached, distant, hypothetical perspective. Sort of like imagining Krypton being destroyed, or what a black hole looks like, or what the color blue would taste like.

Adam

Adam

Given my lack of experience with the female lips, I can only imagine this from a detached, distant, hypothetical perspective. Sort of like imagining Krypton being destroyed, or what a black hole looks like, or what the color blue would taste like.

The "black hole" is probably the best analogy....

Calleja

Calleja

But pinker. It's a pink hole.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Round. Oval. Take your pick.

bhamv3

bhamv3

This immediately sprang to mind:
View attachment 9837
Hey hey, I submitted this to Reddit and got a score of 57, with 74 upvotes and 17 downvotes. Not bad for a first try, methinks. :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Hey hey, I submitted this to Reddit and got a score of 57, with 74 upvotes and 17 downvotes. Not bad for a first try, methinks. :)
You're seeing other forums? I thought we were special?

bhamv3

bhamv3

You're seeing other forums? I thought we were special?
Well, you know, I only look, it's not like I'm actually posting there.

Well, just the once, and I was thinking of HF the whole time.

Honestly, I just wanted to try it, and now that I've actually tried it I know that nothing could compare to HF.

It was just a one-time thing, honest.

It'll never happen again, I promise.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Well, you know, I only look, it's not like I'm actually posting there.

Well, just the once, and I was thinking of HF the whole time.

Honestly, I just wanted to try it, and now that I've actually tried it I know that nothing could compare to HF.

It was just a one-time thing, honest.

It'll never happen again, I promise.
I'm sorry, the trust is gone. You're posting on the couch from now on.

Jay

Jay

Get the fuck on Steam Poe.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Get the fuck on Steam Poe.
I'll be off steam for the next couple days while they fix my goddamn internet

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Attachments