Minor victory thread

GasBandit

Staff member
I finally clawed my way up to 3 average concurrent viewers for the month! I'm now officially a twitch affiliate!

Now, I meet all the criteria for twitch partner except one... I need... a mere 75 average concurrent viewers for a month!

I mean, it only took me a couple years to get THREE average viewers, so this shouldn't be any trouble at all, right?!

Last edited:

fade

Staff member
I posted Fade on Imgur for my cake day and made the front page. Got lots of subscribers and lots of nice compliments. It really inspired me, so I immediately wrote a new script, and I'm just about to post a whole lot of pages.

I was languishing on it to be honest. But with the confidence boost, I thought of a new direction I wanted to take the story. If you follow along, I'm planning on moving the story ahead a bit. Maybe about a year. I think Breach was one of the best ideas I had, so that is taking center for some time. Also, by now, because of Breach, the public is sort of aware something is going on, and that supernatural/paranormal things might be real. That's because ODing---accidentally or intentionally--on Breach creates these abominations called Breach Babies (yes, I know it's "breech", but this is a pun).

GasBandit

Staff member
I finally clawed my way up to 3 average concurrent viewers for the month! I'm now officially a twitch affiliate!

Now, I meet all the criteria for twitch partner except one... I need... a mere 75 average concurrent viewers for a month!

I mean, it only took me a couple years to get THREE average viewers, so this shouldn't be any trouble at all, right?!
I have a paid subscriber!
Somebody actually thinks I'm worth paying 5 bucks a month to watch me play video games!

A coworker, I'll call her V, had a complaint about myself and two others ( A & B) talking too much to one another and giving clients the impression that government workers waste taxpayer's money. V did not approach A, B, or me. She went to the Office Manager...who is technically not my boss. When she felt that nothing was being done, she went to our Administrator...who is my boss. The Office Manager had to call all 3 of us in her office to let us know there was a complaint. She and my boss both thought it was ridiculous , but it needed to be addressed. She didn't tell us it was V, but we all know. None of us understand why V didn't talk to us herself. She isn't my boss either, but I would have listened to her concerns. Whatever. Why is this a minor victory?

After our little scolding, the Office Manager sent out an email to everyone asking if there are any trainings that we are interested in or that could help with our jobs. I made a suggestion: Interpersonal Skills Development. :troll:

So. Got notice of my final Retirement Annuity Calculation from my Former Employer Who Shall Remain Nameless.

They had been paying me out for the last five months based on the estimate of my retirement annuity, which was based on incomplete data (as I put in for my numbers at the beginning of 2017).

The difference is just a little bit over $140 a month. Thus I'm going to be getting a nice little retro paycheck with my next monthly annuity payment.

fade

Staff member
I had to give up my drafting table when we moved into a tiny house 6 or 7 years ago. I never replaced it, even when we got a bigger place. But lately, I've been thinking of getting a new one. In a weird coincidence, I saw a really nice one on the side of the rode yesterday with a "free" sign on it. Weird. It had paint all over it, but some WD-40, a putty knife, and 1000 grit sandpaper--all of which I had--and it was good as new. Though, it felt weird to remove that stuff. It was the detritus of someone's creativity. Some interesting pencil notes, but I could only read bits and pieces. "eye with clouds in it", "???? standing around a dead bison", etc.

Our hot female intern asked me to go over to her desk to ask me a question, and she was wearing a really low-cut top today, so I spent a long time answering her question as thoroughly as I could.

Such a pity this is her last week with us.

Our hot female intern asked me to go over to her desk to ask me a question, and she was wearing a really low-cut top today, so I spent a long time answering her question as thoroughly as I could.

Such a pity this is her last week with us.
We might be calling you Bambi right now, but pretty soon you'll be Bhamv Weinstein.

Finally installed Grammarly on chrome, and it's resolved a problem I've had with chrome on mac for ages - it never gave me spelling suggestions. I believe it's set up to use something built into OSX that I probably never set up properly, but I'd always be annoyed at how I would have spelling assistance on windows and never mac when using the browser.

It appears to be much better than Chrome's system anyway (though, now I notice there's an annoying bouncyness to the edit box as it checks after each keystroke...)

Hopefully, it'll help me better articulate my inhuman, deplorable, and cancerous posts going forward.

Hopefully, it'll help me better articulate my inhuman, deplorable, and cancerous posts going forward.
Just start ending every post with "But Fuck Trump. He's a giant asshole."

That should significantly lower the level of deplorable cancerousness in the explanations of whatever you're saying. Watch:

Finally installed Grammarly on chrome, and it's resolved a problem I've had with chrome on mac for ages - it never gave me spelling suggestions. I believe it's set up to use something built into OSX that I probably never set up properly, but I'd always be annoyed at how I would have spelling assistance on windows and never mac when using the browser.

But Fuck Trump. He's a giant asshole.

a problem I've had with chrome on mac for ages - it never gave me spelling suggestions. I believe it's set up to use something built into OSX that I probably never set up properly
applemenu.png

prefs.png

texttab.png

settings.png

Now you know.
Sometimes I wish it weren't so zealous, though.

--Patrick

I don't want it to correct my spelling automatically. I just want to be able to right click on an underlined word, and left click on the correct spelling. Not a fan of too much automation - though while on iOS it's more helpful than hindrance, when it's hindering it's a pain.

Speaking of spelling errors, you know what feels good? Being asked by the company CEO to take a quick look at a very important press release before it goes out, and managing to catch a "then" when it should be "than" in time. Wouldn't do for a language service provider like us to make such a basic error in a press release, now would it?

Oh yeah, who's a good safety net? That's me, baby!

If I put any images in your head I'm sorry...but Grue shoulda considered his phrasing better.
That second t was meant to be implied only. Plausible deniabi- is this even a thing anymore? I haven't seen a plausible denial in years. And no one cares!