Minor victory thread

I'm slowly building up my home butchery equipment and today I got an awesome meat grinder. All I need "want" now is a proper sausage stuffer and a food grade band-saw (probably need to get lucky at an auction for this one).

I can dress deer and such all from my home now. Get some money in doing work for hunters and such.

Don't some places require ID regardless of age to sell alcohol? Like, the system won't ring up the purchase without a vaild ID? Or that's what stories over at Not Always Right have led me to believe.

No, up here it's check if they look younger than thirty.

I haven't been ID'd in 33 years. My wife every time she goes to the store...

Maybe they were checking to see if he was American....

Don't some places require ID regardless of age to sell alcohol? Like, the system won't ring up the purchase without a vaild ID? Or that's what stories over at Not Always Right have led me to believe.
Depends on the place here in KY. Walgreens has to scan your ID, Krogers and liquor stores don't.

My husband's job provides very good insurance, to the point that most doctors/dentists/pharmacies double take when we provide it. When my daughter got braces a year and a half ago, the orthodontist set up a payment plan based on how insurance usually pays out, even though we told them several times that our insurance pays out a certain amount per year, not per treatment plan. Anyways, we're going to get a refund soon of a bunch of payments we've made, so woo money.

Had to stop at the store to get bananas.
Randomly found a coupon lying in the parking lot on the way in for 25 cents off my next purchase of bananas.
Oh, and they also had 3 units remaining of the discontinued mandoline my wife wanted.
Life is > meh.

—Patrick

I hid Swiss Rolls in the house for 6 weeks!

I'm gonna try for a new record with the next shop.
I've done better than that, but mostly because I forget about it as soon as I hide it, and then find it months later when it's too scary to eat. Yay lack of object permanence!

Went to my local bookstore to pick up the copies of Dracula, motherf**ker! and the Slaughterhouse Five graphic novel, and found a three pack of the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. They're branded for the movies, so the covers are from the movie, but inside? It's all Stephen Gammell horror. Grabbed them in case the publishers get weak and try to change the art again.

Went to my local bookstore to pick up the copies of Dracula, motherf**ker! and the Slaughterhouse Five graphic novel, and found a three pack of the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. They're branded for the movies, so the covers are from the movie, but inside? It's all Stephen Gammell horror. Grabbed them in case the publishers get weak and try to change the art again.
I heard they've got a sequel movie for Scary Stories in the works too. I'm glad the first did well enough to justify it.

I tested negative for COVID.

This is only a minor victory for two reasons:

1. I still apparently have allergies, which apparently got kicked up by the cold spell we had here in AZ last week; and

2. I have to go back to work tomorrow.

Update: I don't have to go back to work until Friday!

But I'm going to basically have nothing for sick leave after this week.

I took yesterday off to have an unusual growth on my skin checked out by a dermatologist. The doctor took one look at it, and said, "Yeah that's a scar, nothing to worry about." The whole visit lasted about forty seconds. Then I spent the rest of the day gaming.

Also, thanks to the universal healthcare we have in Taiwan, the visit to the doctor cost approximately six US dollars.