Minor victory thread

I just thought this was kinda neat: I just found out that a pair of sneakers that my roommates have had around the house (and wear occasionally) were worn by Jesse Eisenberg during the filming of The Art Of Self-Defense.
They worked on the film as crew and were given the shoes after the wrap.

1595838020626.png
1595838053009.png

Last edited:
Last night I watched Bumblebee. It was the first Transformers movie I've seen since the animated movie on VHS. It was fine.

It's a minor victory because I watched it as a result of winning a contest. I'm a big fan of Sideshow Collectibles despite refusing to spend big money on toys because they do big week-long events, specifically around Halloween, and give away codes for money you can spend there. Last week was Sideshow con online, and I won a fancy ass Bumblebee sixth scale action figure.

After months of being unemployed, I will start a new job on monday.
Better pay, more benefits and better hours. Couldnt be happier.

And about time. because I am broke.

Going to be hanging out with my brother and his wife today for the first time in a long while. He's going to try to run a small D&D session for us, which we haven't done in a long time as well.

Minor victory because it's not a done deal yet, but thanks to help from my sister, if all goes to plan, this 2003 Legacy may soon be mine.

Some friends are trying to convince me to go out to Kelowna for a birthday lake party. I'm super not comfortable but I might just say fuck it and go. It's all outdoors on the lake.

Doesn't help that I'm feeling really self-conscious right now from having barely exercised and have put on some weight during Covid.

Went to the beach for the first time in years. Since Germany is having the hottest summer since 91, getting to jump into the cold sea was heaven.
The girl I went with knew this secluded beach that was more or less empty, so no fear of corona. The other beaches in in northen Germany had to turn away visitors to allow social distancing.

Got a major sunburn, but it was worth it.

Some friends are trying to convince me to go out to Kelowna for a birthday lake party. I'm super not comfortable but I might just say fuck it and go. It's all outdoors on the lake.

Doesn't help that I'm feeling really self-conscious right now from having barely exercised and have put on some weight during Covid.
Fuck it. I'm going to go hang out in a cabin and in a boat this weekend somewhere much nicer than my stupid home.