Minor victory thread

GasBandit

Staff member
Do you immediately rip all of it and FTP it home upon receipt?

--Patrick
No need, it's already all online. I have a login and password, and all the audio tracks have exhaustively detailed metadata I can search based on genre, mood, length, etc.

So, for example, I could search for "Valentines energetic" or "electronic horror" or any other number of keywords and get suitable audio.

GasBandit

Staff member
I hear ya. Google apps limits my company's e-mail to 15 gigs per mailbox, and for me, that barely covers 3 years of e-mail. I just have to hope I never need anything sent to me before 2014, now.

I hear ya. Google apps limits my company's e-mail to 15 gigs per mailbox, and for me, that barely covers 3 years of e-mail. I just have to hope I never need anything sent to me before 2014, now.
You could do like me and use Google Takeout to make backup dumps. You can import them all into something like Thunderbird, and search them from there when/if necessary.

Heh, I'd rather have a plausible excuse to say "NOPE SORRY IT MUST BE GONE" :p
Pretend it's gone, I guess? If having an e-mail on hand would save your ass, you just happened to print or archive that conversation. Having my archives has served as fantastic CYA insurance, not to mention it comes useful to refresh one's memory on very old decisions.

So, about the car accident last week, the insurance companies talked and determined that I don't owe a dime. It really helped that I was legally parked in my own driveway at the time of the accident. The other party copped to it and their insurance will pay for all the repairs and a rental while the car's in the shop. I just have to wait for the check in the mail and then I can finally get the car fixed.

I've almost survived my last day alone with the kids!! I usually love spending stat holidays with them but with all the snow days and strike days, there has been an awful lot of togetherness.

I've almost survived my last day alone with the kids!! I usually love spending stat holidays with them but with all the snow days and strike days, there has been an awful lot of togetherness.
My daughter was home sick for three days after Christmas break, and then we had a snow day, which made me cry, so I understand your feelings.

I'd been paying off mom's phone on an installment plan as part of the regular phone bill. I sent a note to my sister on what the balance was, and she said pay it off from the house account (as in not mine). So I did. That'll drop the bill about $25 per month. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
Blue Bell's pimping out their new flavor, so that means everybody here at the station gets free ice cream. Noiiice.[DOUBLEPOST=1487956022,1487955429][/DOUBLEPOST]
0224171102.jpg

Verdict: SO worth risking Listeria.

How often does this happen? Do you just keep that scoop in a drawer somewhere with a trigger lock on it, ready to go at a moment's notice?

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Trigger locks are unamerican. Our scoop is cocked, locked, and ready to rock as soon as you grab it out of the drawer.

I was going to exercise the early termination clause in my house's lease (60 day notice, ~$2700), but I called to haggle, and they offered me the clause the new clause they use (30 day notice, ~$1900). Glad I called instead of just mailing in the notice of intent.

So, I had a free pass to a hot yoga class tonight. By the end, I was DRENCHED in sweat from head to toe. Loved it. All the anger I felt from someone cancelling an appointment on me for the third time just washed away.

But, the class also possibly inspired me for something I want to do. Finally, an actual, concrete goal:

Teaching laughter yoga, specifically to kids. Something silly, something fun, where I can combine my love of both yoga and humour. I attended one yoga class like this. The instructor added a lot of silliness into the practice. Like in Cobra Pose, he said, "Okay, now hiss like a snake and and shift back and forth!"

So yeah, I'm not sure what steps to take to get there, but it's now something I REALLY want to do.

We went to the Poke-nerd store! I traded in a bunch of my extra cards for some cute new ones, got some for the kids and a new binder! It's pink and not filthy!!!

Last edited:
I had a cute pikachu binder but it was so dirty that it was bothering me. At our son's sleepover he brought it in to show his friends and they mauled it. There were fingerprints and grime and snots and grossness all over it. They even got cruds under the plastic inside the pockets and no amount of cleaning got rid of it. They also bent the pockets.

First world problem for sure but I'm really careful with my cards.