Minor victory thread

Ehh, possibly. it's the divider wall with the apartment next door though, I'm not sure how much deeper I can put the cables witohut ending up in their kitchen.
Ah, right, just looked up the EU socket design. It's already recessed, which means the plugs have to be longer to account for the recess, and it means you can't recess the whole socket enough to get the plug al the way into the wall without an extra deep wall.

I think you're right, directly wiring it in is your best option. Make sure you have a proper cover with a bushing for the wire and you'll be fine.

The plugs are large and heavy enough that you can use the plug and leftover wire as a basic flail type weapon, and unlike knives and guns you won't be questioned by police if you walk around with one. Things, apparently, aren't always bigger in Texas!

I still envy you your 3kW countertop kettles, though.

Usually I'm not very "Murica", but I do prefer US plugs over EU and especially UK. Those are so huge, and attempt to solve safety issues that don't really happen enough to matter (like shocking yourself on a partially ejected plug).
The UK plugs are a horror, though I do prefer German plugs over US - they "sit" more firmly in place. I've accidentally pulled out US plugs, it rarely happens with proper German plugs (the round ones. Flat ones have the downsides of US plugs too).

fade

Staff member
I've heard that argument a lot, but I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times in 40 years of life I've accidentally pulled out a plug of any design.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've heard that argument a lot, but I can honestly say I can count on one hand the number of times in 40 years of life I've accidentally pulled out a plug of any design.
There's this one particular plug in the hallway I'm sure I've accidentally kicked a plug out of at least 30 times (usually a fan or vacuum cleaner)... but that's probably due to poor plug location, not bad plug design.

I had some friends over to do the DDP Yoga with me. They're really digging it, even if they have a hard time keeping a straight face. I can't blame them. Diamond Dallas Page's energy throughout the program is hilarious.

Since I have the video files download, I'd set up my laptop to play on a bigger TV via an HDMI cord.

At one point in the second workout - Red Hot Core - my laptop suddenly decided it needed to restart for a Windows update. I have a lot of the workouts so memorized, I didn't even realize it until my friends pointed out the blue reset screen.

Instead of waiting for the update to finish, I actually guided them through the rest of the workout. I added some other poses that I learned from other programs, but still managed to keep the same flow. Then I guided them through some other poses, including the relaxation pose at the end.

It got me thinking even more that maybe I should consider becoming a yoga instructor. Yoga is unquestionably one of my passions, possibly rivaling comics. And even my friends said I did really well in instructing them.

It got me thinking even more that maybe I should consider becoming a yoga instructor. Yoga is unquestionably one of my passions, possibly rivaling comics. And even my friends said I did really well in instructing them.
Having purchased DDPYoga myself (partially due to talking with you) - have you considered becoming one for DDPYoga?

fade

Staff member
Going for my black belt in 2.5 weeks. This is in SKIF Shotokan Karate. SKIF is fairly intense and traditional. It typically takes 5-6 years to earn your black belt, which is still considered a student belt. It only means you've mastered the basics. You can only test for black belt one day of the year, when we fly in one of the master senseis from Japan (as part of a camp which draws in people from all around, including Mexico, so it's not just for testing). I'm fairly nervous, but at the same time, I feel pretty good about it.

Well, saw the internist today and he's cleared me for surgery on the 14th.

A little nervous about them removing more matter from my leg, but it's necessary.

Hope I wake up with both legs.

Took a few days off work to go to Canada, and then we had our Chinese New Year break. All said, I've been away from work for about two weeks.

Came back to find no major fires to put out, and I still (mostly) remember how to do my job.

Another cute girl left the company while I was gone, though, but hey, can't win them all.

I might upload some pictures tomorrow. The city just oozes charme and history. I am thinking of going back for a week or 2 this summer.

fade

Staff member
I have this weirdly specific thing against Milan. A lot of our co-workers have lived there due to this nature of this particular niche in the industry, and more than one of them have said that there's a huge problem with dog poo there.

I had a 45 minute bow fitting today and got my first bow! Yay! I didn't bring it home today because it's going to take a couple of days to get my arrows built, and my instructor promised to put pouffy string silencers on my bow while putting my arrows together, so double yay! I am really excited about getting my own bow because the difference between this bow and using the rental bows is night and day.

I felt the same way when I had a bowling ball custom made.

--Patrick
I spent a lot of my youth bowling, so I've had my own ball since I was 10 (well, I obviously replaced them a few times). I haven't done a lot of bowling lately though.