Minor victory thread

Rockstar doesn't like doing Steam keys in their physical copies. Because they are lame. It would make more sense if you couldn't get the game on Steam...but you can.
Selling Steam codes as physical copies just sucks for anyone who buys physical copies explicitly to avoid upping their download limits and such, though.

Not if the product key doubles as a steam key.

I don't think anyone even does resale on PC games, because of the key issue.
I admit that might solve things, but then you'd again need internet connection to verify the key.

As for resale...Not legally in Western Europe or the USA, perhaps. There's a big big market out there and most of it's illegal keys :p

So, last night I stayed at work until about 10:00pm to finish up a big translation case, because I saw on my case list that I had a huge caseload today.

This morning, I came into work to find that I'd misread my case list. I actually have a really light day today. Additionally, by finishing that big translation case yesterday, I've lightened my caseload today even further, to the point where I actually have nothing to do in the morning. :)

Though... I predict that it'll be less than 30 minutes before my supervisor realizes I don't have anything to do this morning, and assigns me a new case.

I've long been irritated with rockstar for their stubborn insistence on their own multiplayer platform (Rockstar Social Club) when Steamworks is a perfectly viable and largely superior way to go in most cases.
I'm pretty sure your actual complaint is that it means you can't use In Home Streaming and lay on the couch.

So, last night I stayed at work until about 10:00pm to finish up a big translation case, because I saw on my case list that I had a huge caseload today.

This morning, I came into work to find that I'd misread my case list. I actually have a really light day today. Additionally, by finishing that big translation case yesterday, I've lightened my caseload today even further, to the point where I actually have nothing to do in the morning. :)

Though... I predict that it'll be less than 30 minutes before my supervisor realizes I don't have anything to do this morning, and assigns me a new case.
Activate Stealth Mode!

Yep, my solution has been to open up a random Word document and stare at it thoughtfully.
bhamv3's screen said:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, eu sed quas gubergren, agam denique sea eu. Has animal legendos in, ipsum impetus fabellas quo ea, nec id tota iudicabit. Scriptorem interpretaris te sea, eu nemore sanctus percipitur vis, choro urbanitas cu eam. Est ut invidunt pertinax adipiscing. Suas graece oportere no nam, mundi exerci lobortis eu has. Vis deleniti abhorreant constituto eu, diceret theophrastus nec in.
Mazim alterum ei vim, eum ut simul solet omittantur. Per mutat lorem ex, an duo wisi dissentiunt, an his nonumy voluptatibus. Movet affert eu pri. Ut ubique aliquid quaestio pri. Ea per causae nominavi convenire, ne legendos lobortis cotidieque eum. Id nemore interesset nam. Pri saepe hendrerit vituperata ne, in vix dicant tritani persius.
Duo voluptua dissentiet persequeris ex, perpetua petentium vulputate ne eam. Vel iudico ancillae no. Id zril epicurei vix, pri vide tamquam ei, ius ubique legendos democritum ut. Ut option euismod epicuri his. Ut eos malis necessitatibus, te pri omnis euismod accusamus. Ne mel volumus verterem forensibus, perpetua vituperatoribus no vim, quod populo offendit has cu.
--Patrick

Holy crap I'm freaking out right now.

My old graduate institute just asked me if I'd be willing to go back and teach a course on consecutive interpretation. This is a graduate institute I didn't even manage to graduate from (stupid thesis). And somehow, they think so highly of me that they'd be willing to ask me back to teach the next generation of interpreters, to train them up so that they'll be able to become professional interpreters in Taiwan and abroad.

Holy shit. That's an amazing honor. I am so freaking chuffed right now.

Though unfortunately I won't be able to take the job, so this is just a minor victory rather than an epic win. But still. I am filled with a sense of awesomeness. :D

I get to have my last infected, abscessed tooth pulled/cut out tomorrow. The two I had done a couple of weeks ago have healed amazingly well, so I'm really looking forward to the cessation of all of my mouth pain. Then they can fit me for a mouth guard to keep me from grinding all of the enamel off of my teeth at night. Minor victory because, as much as I know my mouth will feel awesome soon, it's going to take some pain to get it there, and I can't have any Hydrocodone this time, because I could feel myself getting hooked last time.

Every one of these just looks to me like a chibi version of...
images.jpeg

...and no, I never watched the show (until someone salvaged a couple VHS cassettes and gave them to our son)
EDIT: For @Squidleybits and anyone else - It's a Henson show named "Bear in the Big Blue House" and was aimed at the same sort of audience as "Blue's Clues."

--Patrick

Last edited:
Every one of these just looks to me like a chibi version of...
View attachment 20050
...and no, I never watched the show (until someone salvaged a couple VHS cassettes and gave them to our son)
EDIT: For @Squidleybits and anyone else - It's a Henson show named "Bear in the Big Blue House" and was aimed at the same sort of audience as "Blue's Clues."

--Patrick
I was introduced to this show when I was potty training my son. So, naturally, we started off with the potty training episode. The show starts off with an introduction of the bear, the house, and friends, zooms in on the front door..it opens and Bear greets the camera. Then he sniffs, and goes "what's that smell?" This is the potty episode...i think to myself "oh no you di'ent! They're gonna say you smell like you shit your pants in the first 5 minutes?"

But no, this is just the standard opening, evidently, and Bear always smells something like honey or cotton candy. But not knowing that led to an extreme "wow, seriously?" moment. :D

Something I hate: When you're following behind some slow-ass motherfucker in the store, because the place is too busy for you to get around them. And they stop and just stand there, for no goddamn reason whatsoever.

Something I hate: When you're following behind some slow-ass motherfucker in the store, because the place is too busy for you to get around them. And they stop and just stand there, for no goddamn reason whatsoever.
My wife calls that behavior "milling and pooping."
She grew up around cows.

--Patrick

Last edited: