Minor victory thread

I'm glad I'm not the only person with 1 TV in the house! I feel like practically everyone I know has one in every room. We barely watch anything unless the kids have a movie on or stream a show from Netflix/Amazon.
My parents have 4 TVs in the house and it's only the two of them. :/

I have a not-unsubstantial marketing budget to spend every year. I work with media salespeople (Not unlike @GasBandit's cow-orkers) in radio, print, TV, online, etc. I also have to manage our portfolio of community giving. Over the two years that I've been at this new organization, I have developed a not-undeserved reputation for managing my budget closely. Marketing is such a quick way to spend money that I want to demonstrate the value that we add to the organization and that's hard to do if I'm making it rain dollars on every Tom, Dick and Harry that comes across my desk. Final expenses came in today and I was $4,300 under budget for the year. Considering some of the surprise expenses I had this year that got lumped into my expenses, plus some new product releases, I had actually suspected getting a sit down chat with the CFO about my budget projections being off. Today is a good day and I fist-bumped my team for a job well done.
Does this mean they're going to cut your budget next year? :p

I went to get my hair cut today for the first time in about...10 months, and I found out it was long enough to donate, so donate I did! Since I was feeling good (and my head was lighter), I hopped over to the Secret Stash and loaded up on comic books, thanks to some Christmas money. Then I remembered I had a coupon for a free coffee at Starbucks, and since it was across the street, I treated myself to a cup!

If it wasn't so cold and the wind didn't beat up my face (and new hair)!

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

At long last, it's finally over. The company will survive, the vendors will get paid, the employees will keep their jobs (I'm sure there will be some cuts, more as a restructuring measure than anything else), insurance and bonds will be re-instated. Technically speaking I'm still related to the owner of the company, but only for the next 24 hours, and only technically - until the full trusteeship takes effect, at which point, I become nothing more than an employee, like everyone else. The only downside personally right now is that my adrenaline level went from "oh god, oh god, we're all gonna die" to "this isn't so bad" in a matter of hours and now I'm just completely worn out.

Still gonna find a new job though.

I have a teenage daughter. Sometimes, she like to sit with the family in public places and brood in protest of having to sit with the family in a public place. Unfortunately for her, teenage brooding has no power against my ability to lip sync with whatever pop song is playing at the moment. My Taylor Swift game is on point.

Hard to brood when you're giggling.

I have a teenage daughter. Sometimes, she like to sit with the family in public places and brood in protest of having to sit with the family in a public place. Unfortunately for her, teenage brooding has no power against my ability to lip sync with whatever pop song is playing at the moment. My Taylor Swift game is on point.

Hard to brood when you're giggling.
My dad used to stick his belly out and make moaning sounds like he was in pain when my teenage sister acted like that. That would nearly drive her to tears. Ah, memories.

Ok, now that the gag order has expired - the company is in receivership. It is now owned by the bank, and has been placed in the hands of a restructuring group, which is tasked with returning the company to profitability, in the interest of selling to a new owner. If they are unable to achieve said turn-around, the other option is liquidation. They do not want to liquidate, nor do they intend to do so, but if the financials are irretrievably fucked, they may be forced to - and our financials are not pretty, obviously.