Minor victory thread

If it starts to go sideways, just stand up and sing

You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant
Walk right in, it's around the back
Just a half a mile from the railway track
And you can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant

And walk out.
Just as long as they don't make him sit on the Group W bench.

I took a few of my pictures in to be printed recently and went in to pick them up today. The photo place did a great job. They also picked one as their picture of the day and gave me a free enlargement and may put it on their website :)

I took a few of my pictures in to be printed recently and went in to pick them up today. The photo place did a great job. They also picked one as their picture of the day and gave me a free enlargement and may put it on their website :)
Pics or it didn't...

Oh, wait.

Oops, forgot to update everyone! I think it went well. I was able to accentuate my skills while also showing I could work with others. At the end of the interview the woman who would be my boss gave me a tour of the floor (as they were doing similar things to what I did at the factory I worked at from 2002 to 2007) and showed me where we would be working (assuming I got it). Seemed like a really nice place to work.

Wrote to the person who set up my interview on Friday and she said the CFO and Accountant who interviewed me had great feedback. I'll find out tomorrow at the latest if I have the position.

Man, I was bummed all day thinking perhaps I had messed up since they had told me they needed someone tomorrow! Now I'm all giddy again! ::fingers crossed::

Well after my bitching in the whine thread, I test drove the used car my parents suggested and was very surprised. It was a pretty old Prius but it was very nice, had a built in GPS and drove pretty well. I was actually thinking that it'd be a good car.

And then I drove it on the highway. I really don't think Prius's are safe for how slow the acceleration is. I had to merge into the 65 mph lane going less than 50. Thankfully there was no traffic. I found some other used cars to look at, but my parent's decided to just go with me getting my dad's car. So I'm very glad about that.

That would be fast for merging in Colorado, not a day goes by that I don't internally rage at people who don't use the on ramps to accelerate.

My poor wife totally forgot our anniversary today. Why is this a minor victory? Because it wasn't me.;)
No, she didn't forget - her anniversary present to you was pretending to forget so that you wouldn't have to feel guilty about forgetting yourself.

Which means that when you remembered your anniversary you ruined your wife's anniversary present to you. You monster.

Mr. Z and I run into the same problem as your wife, but probably for a different reason: our anniversary is mid-August, and for some reason, this had become the most jam-packed month out of the year. Our son's birthday is in August, the dragon boat festival we've been in for 11 years is always in August, a ridiculous amount of family (2/3 of my immediate family, both sides) and friends' birthdays fall in August, my mother's side of the family reunion is in August. It's not so much that we forget when our anniversary is, but we start to forget what day we're on. "Honey, what's today's date? ....Aw, crap!" :)

fade

Staff member
We never did anything even though we both remembered because I was a professor and July 25 is right in the dead middle of those 3 income free months.

I think she's dealing with the same thing. Son's birthday on Monday, end of school year, arranging Summer care...just a ton going on right now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Or if you use an android based phone, you can put them in the calendar there, too, and set reminders for days, weeks, hours, minutes out etc. It is synced with your google.com/calendar

My poor wife totally forgot our anniversary today. Why is this a minor victory? Because it wasn't me.;)
We had one year when we both forgot. He remembered it right before dinner and asked if I wanted take out. Not "Hey it's our anniversary! Want to order out?", just asked if I wanted to get take out. I thought it was pretty odd since we had recently talked about trying to save more money, so after I said no I asked why he suddenly wanted to order food. Then he said he had remembered it was our anniversary. It was the first year he had been home on our anniversary rather than bobbing around in the ocean. I hadn't even thought about what the date was. I usually get wrapped up in Father's Day, too, so I end up taking care of our anniversary at the last minute.

Speaking of which, our 10th anniversary is in 2 days. :D

My wife is a sweetie and donated some of her spending money since I used all of mine so I could get Godzilla vs Mothra since it's on sale today on Amazon. Awesome wife, awesome movie.

How is this a minor victory?[DOUBLEPOST=1402087847,1402087784][/DOUBLEPOST]PS - a random guy in a truck screeched to a halt and offered to take the beer from me if that's how I was going to treat it.