[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I took him to a reptile exhibit this earlier today and I'm not entirely sure I left him there and have taken home a lizard wearing his skin.

This has been a rough evening!

I took him to a reptile exhibit this earlier today and I'm not entirely sure I left him there and have taken home a lizard wearing his skin.

This has been a rough evening!
Offer him a cricket. If he eats it, you have made a terrible mistake.

Or your kid is weird. Either way.

Offer him a cricket. If he eats it, you have made a terrible mistake.

Or your kid is weird. Either way.
Ignore Tress. Crickets are delicious, especially if cooked alongside a meat dish. Their kind of like the Tofu of the insect kingdom.

figmentPez

Staff member
Personally I think silken tofu mixed with melted dark chocolate, honey and vanilla makes a really rich and tasty pudding. Of course, I like the taste of soy (developed when I was younger and my mom was a health food nut.)

Personally I think silken tofu mixed with melted dark chocolate, honey and vanilla makes a really rich and tasty pudding. Of course, I like the taste of soy (developed when I was younger and my mom was a health food nut.)
You know what else is delicious? melted dark chocolate, honey, and vanilla without soybean curd.

figmentPez

Staff member
You know what else is delicious? melted dark chocolate, honey, and vanilla without soybean curd.
Don't be lazy with your mocking. Texture matters. At least toss some heavy cream in that recipe to make it into a mousse or a ganache. (Note, Firefox does not know how to spell ganache.) Whipped silken tofu has a wonderful texture. I can understand not liking the peculiar tang that soy has, or not liking the slightly rubbery texture of firm tofu, but silken tofu has an amazing mouth feel.

M

makare

oh the filthy comments i could make as a comment to that post.. but i am going to refrain.

for dignity's sake.

I sold my dignity long ago for a kit kat.

Know what else has an amazing mouth feel?

my penis

Know what else can add a heavy whipping cream to your recipe?

my penis

Know what else most people don't like when it's rubbery and firm?

I think you get where this is going by now

M

makare

huh oddly enough my potential comments all centered around

phil's penis

W

wana10

line6 you worthless piece of shit. hire some code people and fix your broken, buggy, useless software.

Need to do some work this morning, so I have to get Skyrim out of my head. To do this, I put on another game's piano collection version of the soundtrack.

...so now I don't feel like doing anything, but if I could hug a sad piano, I would. Poor pianos.

Well, my throat is still killing me, to the point where I'm numbing it with Chloraseptic spray every 2 hours and it still hurts to swallow. I've gargled salt water, drank honey and lemon water, and generally avoided anything which my aggravate it (I miss toast). On top of that, I've had 4 hours of sleep and it's my birthday.

Maybe the regular rant thread is starting to be appropriate.

A student called in yesterday complaining that she couldn't copy / paste from a PDF document into her word document. When I explained that, as far as I knew, pdfs couldn't be copy/pasted from at all, she says, "Well, then what am I supposed to do for my essay?" "How do you mean?" "Well, I have to do the citation." "Yes?" "Well, I can't just type it in, that's ridiculous. That's too much work."

Holy shit. This is the current generation of college students. Just citing a source is too much goddamn work.

B

Biannoshufu

Well, my throat is still killing me, to the point where I'm numbing it with Chloraseptic spray every 2 hours and it still hurts to swallow. I've gargled salt water, drank honey and lemon water, and generally avoided anything which my aggravate it (I miss toast). On top of that, I've had 4 hours of sleep and it's my birthday.

Aww, happy birthday. Is it lupus?

I broke my voice yelling at a building full of drunk, obnoxious military members Friday. And I've got a mild case of pneumonia.

I'm so fucking happy.

A student called in yesterday complaining that she couldn't copy / paste from a PDF document into her word document. When I explained that, as far as I knew, pdfs couldn't be copy/pasted from at all, she says, "Well, then what am I supposed to do for my essay?" "How do you mean?" "Well, I have to do the citation." "Yes?" "Well, I can't just type it in, that's ridiculous. That's too much work."

Holy shit. This is the current generation of college students. Just citing a source is too much goddamn work.
Quote her in front of the entire class. Then fail her.

Actually grading her paper is too much work.

Cajungal

Staff member

Kriskens: They don't get a birthday.

Really, tho, that is a drag. :\ Feel better soon! Have you tried buckwheat honey? I find it works better for a sore throat than clover. Also, rooibos tea.

Happy birthday! I figured a little cold would get you the day off from whatever you would have had to do otherwise.

You're welcome.
Hah, thanks stienman, I knew I could count on you. Sadly, being an independent contractor for a newspaper (read, delivering papers) you get no time off for good behavior or being sick.

Aww, happy birthday. Is it lupus?
Surprisingly, no, though I hate to self diagnose. Since I have no insurance I will have to wait till Tuesday for the free clinic to be open to find out if it is strep or not.

Kriskens: They don't get a birthday.

Really, tho, that is a drag. :\ Feel better soon! Have you tried buckwheat honey? I find it works better for a sore throat than clover. Also, rooibos tea.
No, I hadn't thought of using buckwheat or rooibos tea. I'll have to see if we have either of those lying around the house or give them a try tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I had very little sleep when I wrote that and I was having a Krisken self-pity party at the time. You've definitely cheered me up!

B

Biannoshufu

Don't pity yourself! That's what we're here for.

wait, that came out wrong.

I am in a spectacularly poor mood today. Considering the entire long weekend was spent playing Skyrim/Battlefield 3/Star Trek Online, I should feel better but instead I feel mighty churlish. Waiting for someone in the office to give me a reason to vent.

I am in a spectacularly poor mood today. Considering the entire long weekend was spent playing Skyrim/Battlefield 3/Star Trek Online, I should feel better but instead I feel mighty churlish. Waiting for someone in the office to give me a reason to vent.
With a vorpal bat'leth?

The Sliding Scale of Selflessness

European taxpayers. Give what is asked out of their own, plus a little extra.

Santa Claus. Gives what is asked out of his own.

European leaders. Are willing to forgive debts.

Private Banks. Grumble, but are willing to forgive some debts.

Average two-year-old. Takes whatever he can get, throws tantrums.

Greece. Gets everything, would take more, throws tantrums.

Okay, so I've pointed out the idiocy of our students before, but the faculty aren't blameless. We're doing student opinion reports this week, and Academics handles the packets for classes that start prior to 5, the library (where I am) hands out of the ones that start after 5, since Academics is closed. This is on the letter that announces the student opinion reports, and on all the flyers in the hallways. One of the mathematics professors has a 4:00-5:50pm class, and a 6:00-7:50pm class, both in the same room. At 5:30, he sent a student to get the packet from us, for his 4-5:50 class. I told the student we didn't have it, we only have the one for the 6:00 class, which she wouldn't accept, until I finally said, "Well, it may not be the one you want, but it's the only one we've got." He called me and had a fucking bitch fit over it. So I said, "Well, did the class start before 5?" And he goes, "Yeah, so?" "So Academics has your forms, they do all the classes that start before 5." "Well what am I supposed to do?" "Well, you can either send a student to Academics, though they might be closed now, or do it at the start of class on Thursday." (It's a Tuesday/Thursday class). "But I wanted to get it done tonight." "Okay." "Fine!" and he slams the phone, but misses the receiver, so I hear it smack into the desk before he hangs up.