[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

That's actually pretty common. Like Bones, I just had that done earlier this spring in my 03 Neon.
Yeah, I was trying to find it to quote it, even.
Like I said, woulda totally done it myself if I could've gotten to the darned thing. Previous year models have it right behind the glove compartment, six screws later and it's right in your face.
Might've done it anyway if I had a second car to use while I tinkered, I bet I could've gotten it out in two pieces by detaching the squirrel cage once I backed the motor out far enough, and could've gotten both new pieces up in there and reassembled them, but I don't have that luxury right now, no matter how much I want to save the $500.

--Patrick

Oh, and renting a car for a week while all this is going on is gonna cost me another $250.
Still, the idea is for my car, which is currently at about 89k miles, to last until 220k-230k miles like all my other cars have, therefore saving me money in the long run. Hence minor rant.

--Patrick

I can’t renember if I mentioned this already, but they needed three tries to get my IV in and totally blew a vein in my hand. It hurts like a %#*&!!

I’m also worried that I have a complication from the procedure. I sure hope I’m wrong.

I can’t renember if I mentioned this already, but they needed three tries to get my IV in and totally blew a vein in my hand. It hurts like a %#*&!!

I’m also worried that I have a complication from the procedure. I sure hope I’m wrong.
The nurses that can get IVs done with little-to-no pain, AND on the first attempt are Saints.

Back when I joined the Navy, I had like 3% body fat and veins light nightcrawlers in my arms from all the martial arts I did. Evidently, in boot camp they're only allowed to try to stick you once in each arm. So, when the trainee corpsman missed my vein, she had to call the Lt. over to do the second try. He takes one look at my he-man veins sticking out and goes "What? Did he intimidate you?"

The Frakin' Car Never Makes The Frakin' Noise When The Mechanic Looks At It.

I've had all my eye stuff going on.

First visit, find out I have cataracts, and while I knew my BP was probably a little high, I notice the attending takes it a few times and tells me that it's high. *if im not getting the first 2 visits mixed up I find out it was 167/107*

Cataract Surgery #1. No numbers but they dosed me with a couple of nitrous pre surgery to lower my BP.

Second visit. Eye is healing okay. You're BP is high *157/100*

Cat Surg #2. Only one Nitrous, but high. No numbers

Third visit this Tuesday. "Your eyes are healing fine! Your BP is really high. I'd really not want you to have gotten all that done and stroke out. *she's actually funny* You really should see a doctor. *find out I was tagging their machine at 181/114*

Go to a doctor today, BP come in at 138/88, not good but not "Oooohhhhh Shit, start taking bets"

"Lose more weight *after the dental stuff I've dropped
`25 pounds and slowly continuing*,
exercise more * I would like to get the powerwalking 2M hilly route in the neighborhood going again*
and slow your roll on the alcohol *[Mako] HAH [/Mako]*"

Last edited:
Losartan (reduces chances of heart attack) is your friend. So is Atorvistatin (aka Lipitor, helps high BP).

EDIT: Also, go get yourself a BP cuff and get it calibrated at said doctor's office. Also, I agree completely: STOP WITH THE ALKY.

Last edited:
There is a wall of larva at my office. It’s embarrassing to have to call this stuff in all the time.

The building guy came in to look and tells me that I REALLY don’t want to look behind my shelf. Agreed, I’m sure I don’t.

Gross

Gross

GROSS!!

The wall of larva has been trapped and fumigated.

Vile.
Post automatically merged:

It’s a bad sign that the company recognizes me, right?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

And there is a registered, psychotic sex offender on unsupervised leave daIly hanging out near work according to the paper.

Fan-tastic.

I am organizing a parade of over 1000 marchers and 2 km of floats. It happens in two weeks.

If I had any hair, it would have fallen out.

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

This was posted to rant and be angry that my work is oblivious and that I seem to be one of the few concerned people.

No political messages currently, although wow....that’s a whole other story.

Today was (and continues to be) a crappy day. In theory, it should've been a fairly good one. I actually managed to get 7 full hours of sleep, work was going to be calm (it's a holiday in 2 of the 3 countries we support, so little work was expected), I'd be home early, what-have-you.
I still have a splitting headache I've had for a few days now, though, which is really messing me up. I'm irritable, agressive, constantly annoyed, quick to bite and slow to cool off.
Add to that that a patch that was supposed to go live next Monday suddenly went live today instead, easily trippling our workload as it completely broke any and all work flows of our customers (it can be fixed, but only by going in to manually update some stuff - and for some customers, our answer is "yup, sorry ,that software isn't supported anymore. Ask your sales rep for a replacement!" which is....not much appreciated). So, suddenyl, plenty of work.
Additionally, tomorrow, one of my colleagues is off...But another one is still off, as well. With just 2 instead of 4, we can manage...But of course, one of us needs to do the early shift, one the late shift. Guess what shifts we were planned on? Yeah. The colleague who's still there already switched shifts this week to accomodate some leave, so he didn't want to switch again. And I ONLY do late shifts. Fuck getting up at 5:3AM. Especially unprepared and unexpectedly. Best of all, I was the one to spot it - supervisor and team leader missed it and manager is on holidays. So of course supervisor immediately tried to force me to take the early shift. Yeah, good luck pressuring me, but I'm the one who saved your ass by bringing it up, not the one you should try to punish. In the end he gave in and he's coming in early himself - he's not really supposed to be part of our team but he knows the job better than most of us. He shouldn't've allowed those two to go on leave together, or he should've asked one of us to switch well beforehand so we could prepare.
And today was also a day where I somehow attracted all the weird and crappy types of customers. People who don't understand what a shortcut is. Or a hyperlink. People who don't understand the difference between a program and a website. People who insists they've been doing something the same way for 5 years, even though I literally have it in writing that what they do is, and has always been, illegal and against our corporate policy. Great fun.
Tomorrow, my two nieces are coming over for two days. I hope they'll manage to get me out of my funk, rather than my anger and tension dampening the fun of their weekend sleep-over. We'll see.

I’m still mortified that the exterminators and their backups know me. Usually it’s the nice traps needing changed or the spiders having babies in our IT equipment or piles of dead bug carcasses, but it’s not a good sign that they know me.

Man, installing a twitter app that blocks out like 98% of THE DISCOURSE on Twitter is pretty amazing. Twitter without it is so depressing and filled with so much vile lies and hatred. The worst part is is most of it is fake. Proveably not real people. Don't get me wrong, a lot of it is real, and that's also depressing. Fuck I wish I wasn't addicted to reading it.

Man, installing a twitter app that blocks out like 98% of THE DISCOURSE on Twitter is pretty amazing. Twitter without it is so depressing and filled with so much vile lies and hatred. The worst part is is most of it is fake. Proveably not real people. Don't get me wrong, a lot of it is real, and that's also depressing. Fuck I wish I wasn't addicted to reading it.
Just relax and have an Oh'Henry bar.

British Airways pilots are going on strike for 3 days in September.

It turns out my wife and I have booked a flight with BA on one of those three days.

Our flight was canceled.

We've rebooked ourselves onto another flight on the same day, but instead of departing at a nice and relaxing 1pm, we're now departing at 8am.

Look on the bright side *whistles jauntily* that means you have a whole day at your destination. When my girlfriend and I went on a week trip to Quebec City in January 2018, we took the train at a horrid 6 AM. But that meant we arrived at noon and could take full advantage of our first day. *keeps whistling*

Look on the bright side *whistles jauntily* that means you have a whole day at your destination. When my girlfriend and I went on a week trip to Quebec City in January 2018, we took the train at a horrid 6 AM. But that meant we arrived at noon and could take full advantage of our first day. *keeps whistling*
Me every day: "I need to leave at noon to work the evening shift, so I'm gonna set my alarm for 7am and enjoy my morning"

Me still in bed at 11:30am the next day: I still got time