[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Reactions
49 49 0
Yeah, I bought it through a third party site, but I've succeeded in getting their spam shut down, so now I can't remember who.

Edit: Oh, and last night when my custard curdled, I just turned the oven off in disgust and left it in there. It looks like all the extra time in a cooling oven turned the layer under the curdled crust into a perfectly stodgy, lumpen, extremely yellow custard. Stupid custard.

Last edited:
My goodness, some of the local sports leagues are incredibly poorly managed. The Fall 2019 soccer league for the town next door (they're eight miles away) has 15 youth teams signed up this year. Today, they hosted an unsanctioned tournament at their local park - with out of town attendees. They told no one about this tournament. Our local diner was completely slammed and had no idea why or what was going on. None of the locals had any idea what was going on. We only found out because it's right across the street from our closest dispensary, but when I look it up online, I get absolutely zero results. Massive soccer tournament that probably doubled the population of our town this morning, and they didn't publicize it AT ALL.

Fuckers probably didn't bother getting permits for it, seeing as how it's unsanctioned and everything.

Reactions
1,146 381 10
Minor 'cause I'm feeling okay, but I'm a little concerned about my blood pressure. Now that I'm on the new regimen of medication, I think it might be a little too *low*. Systolic is good, with occasional spikes above 120. Diastolic worries me. It's gone into the 50s more than a few times, and sometimes even into the 40s. I've called and left a message for the cardiologist to see what they think I should do.

Reactions
2,402 1,112 23
For the last couple weeks I've been on & off dizzy or light headed. This is indicative of things like low blood pressure or blood sugar, but I'm on the opposite side of those. I don't really want to go to the doctor but we've ruled out everything that I can check on my own. I'm pretty sure our smoke detectors are also carbon monoxide & radon but I think I need to check that.

I don't feel sick in any way, just frequently light headed.

I just had a student come in the office and try to tell me it's my fault that graduate students don't get enough funding on campus. I had no idea I was personally responsible.
Well if you weren't slacking off on putting The Scampering into action then you'd be in a position to ensure that graduate students did get enough funding.

And be in a position to make sure that that particular student is the one student who *doesn't* get enough funding. Because screw 'em.

Reactions
2,571 731 25
For the last couple weeks I've been on & off dizzy or light headed. This is indicative of things like low blood pressure or blood sugar, but I'm on the opposite side of those. I don't really want to go to the doctor but we've ruled out everything that I can check on my own. I'm pretty sure our smoke detectors are also carbon monoxide & radon but I think I need to check that.

I don't feel sick in any way, just frequently light headed.
Are you taking Omeprazole? That's one of the side effects.

--Patrick

Are you taking Omeprazole? That's one of the side effects.

--Patrick
I’m on Omeprazole and am often nauseous/dizzy etc. Can Omeprazole cause the nausea as well?

I’m on a smorgasbord of meds and a few terrible puke culprits. Those should be neutralized by my serious anti nausea meds, yet I’m often super pukey anyways and it confuses my doctors.
Post automatically merged:

I take no medications. Which for a guy my age is kind of amazing.
That’s awesome!!! I mean that without joking.
Post automatically merged:

Heck, just go into any free clinic and just ask for them to check your BP.
The automatic machines at drug stores can be sketchy though. I’ve had some weird readings on those bad boys.

Reactions
904 261 0
I'm looking at my case list for tomorrow morning. I have two cases, both scheduled to start at 8:30, and both with a deadline of 12:00 noon. That is to say, I'll have 3.5 hours to do the two of them. However, one of the cases says that it'll take 180 minutes, while the other one says it'll take 120 minutes. That is to say, they total 5 hours.

So unless I get my hands on a glowing green Infinity Stone or figure out how to enter the Quantum Realm, I don't see how I'm going to meet my deadlines tomorrow.

Reactions
2,571 731 25
I’m on Omeprazole and am often nauseous/dizzy etc. Can Omeprazole cause the nausea as well?
For me, it just caused equilibrium issues. That is, maintaining my balance was slightly more difficult. And this was something I realized before I looked up the side effects. It was never enough to make me nauseous, but I don't now how tippy you might be.

--Patrick

I'm looking at my case list for tomorrow morning. I have two cases, both scheduled to start at 8:30, and both with a deadline of 12:00 noon. That is to say, I'll have 3.5 hours to do the two of them. However, one of the cases says that it'll take 180 minutes, while the other one says it'll take 120 minutes. That is to say, they total 5 hours.

So unless I get my hands on a glowing green Infinity Stone or figure out how to enter the Quantum Realm, I don't see how I'm going to meet my deadlines tomorrow.
So I managed to get my morning cases done by basically doing a half-assed job on them both. Now I finally have a chance to look at my afternoon case list. Oh here's an interesting one.

Start: 16:00
Due: 17:00
Duration: 120 minutes

I need to talk to someone higher up about unrealistic expectations regarding temporal manipulation.