[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
Reactions
6,864 1,428 27
Back when I'd eat at subway often, my phrase was "... and one line of southwest sauce." Because otherwise they'd go back and forth 3 times.

But yeah, I miss the melts. The clubs. The cold cut combos. With lettuce and pickles and onions and bell peppers, a little salt and pepper, and yes, one line of southwest sauce.

Reactions
749 164 2
This really attractive bilingual blonde woman with a smoking hot bod just chop blocked me and took the last chocolate eclair.

Reactions
584 254 0
I'm about at the point where I'm done. With everything and everyone. Not suicidal, but if I didn't wake up tomorrow morning, that would be fine. I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted, and bitter beyond belief. Drugs have never helped, neither has therapy. I'm a broken mess, and I feel powerless to do anything about it. And it pushes people I care about away forever, because they don't have the time or patience to deal with my bullshit.

Reactions
468 253 2
I'm about at the point where I'm done. With everything and everyone. Not suicidal, but if I didn't wake up tomorrow morning, that would be fine. I'm emotionally and mentally exhausted, and bitter beyond belief. Drugs have never helped, neither has therapy. I'm a broken mess, and I feel powerless to do anything about it. And it pushes people I care about away forever, because they don't have the time or patience to deal with my bullshit.
Damn Cheesy - I am sorry you feel this way. I do hope life turns around for you man.

Reactions
2,300 660 24
My uncle died. I want company and I want to be alone at the same time. I wish I was back in Hawaii.
My uncle-in-law died on Wed. His immediate family is kinda...well, we're not that attached to them, BUT:

My wife's grandfather died in February of last year.
My wife's grandfather had a trust (because his late wife was a shrewd businesswoman and because he wasn't that great with money).
It took a long time for all the legal will stuff to get settled, but it was finally settled and done in March of this year, and he received a not insignificant payout. This was good news, because he has a farm, a family, and horses that all need care 'n' feeding and stuff.
Four months after he finally receives his payout, he has a heart attack and dies.

Again, we weren't really that close to him, but... I just find myself hoping he got a lot of whatever it was he'd planned to do but couldn't due to lack of funds done in those four months.

--Patrick

Some how the fact that I'm dealing with the death of a kind-of- close uncle while I'm at a conference surrounded by a lot of people I don't know at all and a few I know but not well enough to talk to about personal issues - doesn't seem that related to your uncle-in-laws' unfortunate demise. Granted I'm feeling stressed out atm so everything is going through that lens. However, the brofist and quoting my post here is a little insensitive IMO.

Sorry for your extended family's loss, Pat.

Reactions
291 32 13
I swear to god one of these days I am gonna put on my billable sheet "Spent 1 hr explaining MS Excel to retirement age employees."
I dunno, my Grandfather used to talk about helping old people across the street. For reference, my Grandfather was in his mid-80s at the time, helping people (on average) 10 years younger than him.

The point is, they don't need to be older in order to have this problem.

Reactions
1,105 482 30
My roommate isn't super technologically inclined, but when he needs my help with stuff I can trust that

A) he read labels and buttons to make sure that the program doesn't explicitly say what to so

2) he's done a cursory google

Old people don't do either.

Reactions
749 164 2
I dunno, my Grandfather used to talk about helping old people across the street. For reference, my Grandfather was in his mid-80s at the time, helping people (on average) 10 years younger than him.

The point is, they don't need to be older in order to have this problem.
Quite correct, but in my example I am "not legally" identifying the doofus. Sort of like saying Lisa S. instead of L. Simpson.

I’m having a few weird skin reactions to my meds. Two at once. Super fun, am I right?

So, I go to google one at Shoppers. Holy shit!!! The sheer volume of revolting pictures that come up. I nearly puked. I didn’t even google the one with a gross name. Wtf Google...wtf.

I couldn’t look any longer and had to consult with the pharmacist.