[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

I've been at work 23.5 of the last 48 hours.

In retail.

But at least I have a job, so I got that going for me which is nice.

I'm worried as to which of the following will be the most expensive for me once I retire:

1. Housing costs.
2. Insurance costs.
3. Internet costs.

I just had to throw away two Swiss Army pocketknives I've had for 15-20yrs each, because at least 2 things are broken on each one.
It feels like such a betrayal.

--Patrick

Ug. I just, Ug. My mother is driving me batty. Almost every conversation I have with her, there is some dig, some insult, some snide or sarcastic comment towards me (or Eriol, though far far less often). Often little shit, but does it ever pile up over time. And I'm just sick of it. I've called her out on it before, and all that results in is her not talking/communicating with me for a week (or a month), and then everything gets back to normal. I've asked her to stop because of her behaviour's effect on me, she say's I'm too sensitive and it's just a joke. Ignoring it's not working either. So I'm out of coping mechanisms.
Today's fun was when we were talking over e-mail about what folks wanted for Christmas, I asked her, and her response? "A loving family that cares OR a link to Filipino Cupid....." (For reference, I am her only family.)
I just, ug, I'm so done. I see her pretty much every week (since she moved across the country to be near me), and we talk on the phone regularly (often multiple times a day, because I still always pick up when I see her number, stupidly), but I have no idea what I could do that would make her happy (other than get a divorce and move in with her so she has complete control over everything I do.). I'm just never good enough, and it sucks. And I'm never going to be good enough. And her passive-aggressive bullshit is driving me (more) insane. I'm just so tired of it all.
In more mother news... place you bets now. After I told/asked her to not insult me when she wrote to me, she hasn't spoken to me since. Will she last two weeks (Friday)? Three? Who will break first? Will it be before Christmas?
Ug.
On the plus side, I'm really not missing the multiple calls and e-mails every single day. Though I still check the home phone for messages compulsively to see if she's called.

My mother finally talked to me this week and just acted like nothing happened to make me upset. Though considering she's always the one talking to me first, I wonder if she realized I might be upset and gave me space. That or she was upset at me. Who fucking knows. I will continue to bury it until the next time she upsets me. :thumbsdown:

Well, since the thread I was posting it in appears to have been depublished while I was reading it, I'm going to post it here, on the possible chance @Gared ever actually returns and reads it:

They say that this kind of stuff is rare and in reality happens to very few people, and therefore isn't really a big concern.
...unless you're one of those very rare people, it seems. Makes my upbringing seem tame by comparison.

I'm sorry you had to go through with that, and very much hope I never have to hear about it happening to another.
In the meanwhile, it seems I should thank you for not succumbing to the temptation to pass this pain on through to others, because it seems like that would be an easy thing to do.

--Patrick

I've said this before and I'm aware that it's not exactly a helpful comment, but it makes me sad when someone feels that they have to leave the forum in that way. I hate seeing anyone move on, but especially in that way.

I hope he comes back.

Wasn't that much drama. I posted something that hit a nerve with him in the Hollywoo thread, he replied with something that stuck a nerve with me. He posted a long post in his Anxiety thread, but I only caught the first few lines in the preview - he'd already deleted it and the whole thread when I clicked through.

Wasn't that much drama. I posted something that hit a nerve with him in the Hollywoo thread, he replied with something that stuck a nerve with me. He posted a long post in his Anxiety thread, but I only caught the first few lines in the preview - he'd already deleted it and the whole thread when I clicked through.
I got to read the whole thing, but I didn’t think to capture it even though trying to post my reply told me, “That thread cannot be found.”
Trust me when I say that, if true, he has legitimate standing to be as upset as he was.

—Patrick

I got to read the whole thing, but I didn’t think to capture it even though trying to post my reply told me, “That thread cannot be found.”
Trust me when I say that, if true, he has legitimate standing to be as upset as he was.

—Patrick
Yeah, I read what he posted, and I can definitely see why he had strong opinions in that thread.

—Patrick
Well, I'm glad you didn't capture it.

I don't think we should be trying to keep the things one of our friends here wants to delete.