[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Still going to send off the old PC for repairs when I've already confirmed with the manufacturer that it's a bad hard drive and should cost $100 tops? You're going to go off and spend how much after making everyone come in on a Sunday to yell at us for an hour about how far behind we are from this time last year?

I just need the part, some blank DVDs and time to work. Would save you a bundle. What's so hard about that?

Dave

Staff member
So I have two minor rants that are actually bigger issues.

First, Saturday I'll be going to my mom's house to help paint the garage. I was initially against it, but then my sister told me the reason was because she's getting it ready to sell. My mom is losing her marbles pretty quickly and her doctor says she can no longer live alone. Trouble is, part of her dementia is being terrified of anything new and a real change in temperament that makes her a real pain in the ass to deal with. We're going to end up taking her to the assisted care facility by acting like we're taking her to the park like a terrier. It's going to be terrible but I told my sister (primary care giver) that I'd be the bad guy and act like it was all my idea so that I'm the one who takes the brunt of the guilt trip and inevitable castigation.

Sunday I get to meet with my improv troupe to figure out our assets and who gets what as we disband. We're down to only a scant few of us and we're just no longer viable. Been there for over five years and we've had one hell of a final year, but it's over. I'm still going to do the game show stuff, but it'll probably just be me.

GasBandit

Staff member
The wookie is giving me sarcastic attitude.

Shut up and do your fucking job, asshole.

Guess whose requests just fell to the bottom of my priority pile.

Dave

Staff member
My email isn't working right now. My site is totally down. But man is it nice not getting any spam.

Still, I can't log in to Steam right now since I can't get my confirmation emails, and I ordered a game that sent me a link that I can't reach. Fuck.

GasBandit

Staff member
Had a 1-on-1 meeting with the Wookiee. We came to an understanding. He acknowledged he has a problem with being negative and is going to try to work on it.

Dave

Staff member
There are benefits to having no money. Like when someone steals your debit card number and goes nuts trying to spend $3000 at Bloomingdales, Nike, Walmart, and a few places I'd never heard of...and it gets declined so they didn't steal any money. Of course, I have to go get another card on Tuesday, but I won't have to fill out any fraud forms like I did before. This is the second time this has happened. I'm very careful with my card so I think it's time to change all my passwords and do complete scans of everything.

Fuckers.

I saw a guy a few years ago who had truly massive gauges that he hung his headphones through. It was not cute.
I see that regularly. They don't even have to be big in order to do that. Although my perspective might be fucked up since I work with so many freaks. I think one guy's gauges are half a foot in diameter. Maybe only 4 inches.

Fall semester started yesterday. So far we have had 2 server crashes, a printer take itself off the network, the fix for that blocking 1/2 of our computers from printing at all, and over 20% of the new students (70+ so far) not having network accounts yet, even though they were supposed to be batched in the day before the semester started. Some classes are still listed as "location TBA" and instructor "staff" on newly printed schedules. I guess downsizing half of the admissions department, outsourcing IT, and using adjuncts for as much as possible is working out great.

But hey, at least our College President got a $35k per year raise for "adapting the efficiency of business models to a non-profit educational institute."

I think the smaller gauges look really cool. I don't understand the massive ones though.

I also love tattoos in theory but am grossed out by douchebag tattoos. I still shudder when I remember that day at Costco last summer. Red neck douchebag clearance priced tattoos on display day...

GasBandit

Staff member
I told the owner not to get Cowherd back
The GM told the owner not to get Cowherd back
All our part timers thought it was a bad idea to get Cowherd back
Owner decides "fuck it, I'mma get Cowherd back" because of convoluted reasoning to do with bullshit ratings which are always bullshit.

AND JUST LIKE THE REST OF US THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN, ESPN got wind and is threatening to pull our affiliation.

You know, 35% of Americans polled said they would forgo a substantial raise in favor of seeing their boss fired.
It's too bad the owner can't get fired.