[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

GasBandit

Staff member
Ask each of them which story the other person would say is true.
They're not lying together in each others' presence, and I don't think each knows the other has given a conflicting account, and the situation also involves their own levels of employment. I won't be able to do what you describe, I don't think.. The self-interest is too much of a factor. Plus, (for now) these two people have to work together, so if I tip one or the other off, it will create difficulties in the work environment I'd rather not deal with.

I *think* I know who's telling the truth, but the problem is that if I'm right, things would work out to be the easiest and most advantageous outcome for me. And I no longer trust my own logic in situations that could potentially involve pain and discomfort for myself - I've come to realize over the last year that I've got a huge blind spot in that regard.[DOUBLEPOST=1427316455,1427316439][/DOUBLEPOST]
Lying? Or ignorant?

--Patrick
Definitely lying.

Definitely lying.
Sorry.
Too bad you don't have an insider, or at least some way of creating a situation where the both of them are present at the same time but in a situation where they would be forced to each act in a way consistent with their claims while in the presence of that other person.

--Patrick

Such a cliche problem, but getting at my wit's end with my roommate over his dirty dishes stacking up. I've asked him several times to help keep the kitchen clean. I made it clear when we moved in together part of my reason for moving was to get away from being the only one in my family's house doing any cleaning and it would be expected that everybody cleans up after themselves. The sink is still constantly full, I have to wash up after him just to be able to use the pans I need for my own cooking. I left him a polite reminder on the note board to please clean his dishes; he did half and went to bed leaving the sink still full with the rest.

Absolutely will not be resigning with him when the lease is up.

Such a cliche problem, but getting at my wit's end with my roommate over his dirty dishes stacking up. I've asked him several times to help keep the kitchen clean. I made it clear when we moved in together part of my reason for moving was to get away from being the only one in my family's house doing any cleaning and it would be expected that everybody cleans up after themselves. The sink is still constantly full, I have to wash up after him just to be able to use the pans I need for my own cooking. I left him a polite reminder on the note board to please clean his dishes; he did half and went to bed leaving the sink still full with the rest.

Next time he does it, just take the dishes out of the sink and stack them in his bed. Problem solved.

fade

Staff member

Somewhere, a robot's head exploded after reading that last sentence.

I hated my roommates. They all did shit like this that drove me up the wall. Good luck. If they are your pans then I would keep them in your room until he decides he wants to be an adult.

Uggggghhhh... roommates and dishes. I had a roommate in college who would leave her dirty dishes sitting in the sink for days at a time. Now I would usually wash my dishes within an hour of using them, but if she found a speck of something stuck to the plate I'd washed (literally, a speck), she would walk the dish over to me and tell me she didn't like my dish washing.

...I should have farted on her pillow.

That sucks, making the kids suffer for something that's her problem. I've seen that at my job. So stupid.
It's cost my daughter two friends with kids around her age on my street. The kids play fine, but as soon as the parents learn that she's the daughter of a po-po... *shakes head*

In other, related news, apparently I've been too soft on my neighbors. My wife tells me about cars that speed down the street while she and the kids (and our new dog) are outside playing. She confronted the one, who simply shot her the bird. The other one belongs to a house that I KNOW is dealing, but can't prove it (although the local drug team has been notified, so it's just a matter of time).

I foresee a few notes in mailboxes, followed by aggressive parking enforcement in the near future. Also, those noise complaints that I've handled quietly, dealing with it from a friendly, adult perspective? Yeah, those are gonna start getting enforced, as well.

Yeah, he'll be on me if something HE doesn't like is out of order. The other week he didn't like that I had left my wallet in the living room (where we all leave some random things) instead of on my desk. Just the other day he had a problem because one of my shoes had fallen onto the floor from the shoe rack.

Next time I think I'll say, "Yeah, sorry, I'd like to help you but it looks like your dishes are still in the sink, so it looks like you can go fuck yourself. Sorry, my hands are tied here."

It's cost my daughter two friends with kids around her age on my street. The kids play fine, but as soon as the parents learn that she's the daughter of a po-po... *shakes head*
And I think that's part of it, too. Everything was ok before I started working at the school. She liked to complain about the teachers (petty, misspelled words in the monthly newsletter type of thing) or changes happening at the school. Now I'm subbing and doing my internship there. I'm sure she sees me as "one of them". Still, don't take it out on my kid. Having him sit here all during spring break with no one his age to hang out with is totally unfair.

GasBandit

Staff member
For the 900th time saleslady, hitting REPLY on an e-mail and then changing the "To:" address to me IS NOT THE SAME AS FORWARDING. Most importantly, it DOESN'T INCLUDE THE ATTACHMENTS you're trying to FORWARD to me. This is not rocket surgery. I know you're 60ish years old but COME ON.

For the 900th time saleslady, hitting REPLY on an e-mail and then changing the "To:" address to me IS NOT THE SAME AS FORWARDING. Most importantly, it DOESN'T INCLUDE THE ATTACHMENTS you're trying to FORWARD to me. This is not rocket surgery. I know you're 60ish years old but COME ON.
I know your pain.

I know your pain.
Heh, I was helping an elderly colleague who was trying to use a new fangled imaging system for Western Blots and other fluorescent assays. It's essentially a fancy scanner. Anyhow, she asked for help to export the image to a thumbdrive. We get to the computer and she has the scanner interface up and she clicks File->Export and then exports the file (from the interface to the pc), and I see that there are around 10 instances of the same file. I.e. File.jpg, File(1).jpg, File(2).jpg, etc. I told her she has it exported, but just needs to copy it from the pc to the thumbdrive now. She then gets flustered and proceeds to click on Windows Media Player icon and then closes it, and then clicks on the interface and starts to export again. I stop her. She then clicks on the WMP icon again! My instinct was to say something sarcastic, but I know I'll be that old person some day too. We eventually get the file on the thumbdrive, but it took nearly 10 minutes of me explaining that the interface shows where the file is exporting. It was like explaining something computer related to my mom. Anytime my mom sees "Click Here!" on the internet, she clicks. :minionevil:

Sickness is worse. Antibiotics and two puffers. And my son was home all day with me. I think he preyed on my weakness to get out of school. Had to leave the house today to see doctor and sign stuff at work.

The upside is that we are allowed OT cash outs on a one time only basis.

Seriously? Coming to me to soothe your aching heart,knowing fully well that I got feelings for you,then running to the next best guy after feeling better?
Then coming back again after you fail miserably? Bitch,you can feck off cuz I aint got time for your sorry ass.

Seriously? Coming to me to soothe your aching heart,knowing fully well that I got feelings for you,then running to the next best guy after feeling better?
Then coming back again after you fail miserably? Bitch,you can feck off cuz I aint got time for your sorry ass.
Sounds like a larger portion of my undergrad years. Cut her off, bro.

Already did. Blocked on Whatsapp,erased every trace of her from my phone and removed her from my FB. She tried to contact me telling me how she wants to keep me in her life. Told her to never call again,because I know that she is a parasite.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's been quite a while, but I remember it does suck to be the grief sponge a gal runs to to cry about the dudes she bangs. I imagine it's what a womanizer's 2 am "sure thing/last ditch" booty call feels like.

Cajungal

Staff member
Already did. Blocked on Whatsapp,erased every trace of her from my phone and removed her from my FB. She tried to contact me telling me how she wants to keep me in her life. Told her to never call again,because I know that she is a parasite.
It makes me happy to hear a guy assert himself about this. It can be a great thing for a guy and a girl to have a good friendship and truly lean on one another and support one another equally. But when it becomes a one-sided emotional leech-fest (on either side) you've gotta cut them loose. I feel like this is where a lot of the bitter, friend-zoned attitude comes from--the attitude that leads to hatred and anger towards the opposite sex. People who choose to stick it out in relationships like this instead of take care of their own emotional needs as much as someone else's. I'm doing a happy dance for you.

Tim from CAD comics wrote a review of Battlefield: hardline a while ago. Now, I don't care about the game itself. However, his whole review can be summed up like this: [...]The problem I've run into with my experience with the Battlefield Hardline campaign thus far. I've yet to see anyone bat an eye at the criminals I've offed in the line of duty. That sort of mentality flies in a warzone, but within US borders even killing bad guys should qualify for some sort of mention.

Man, that annoys me. I mean, is he really that caught up in games and movies that he thinks you can mow down enemies like you can in most FPSs in a war zone and there's no repercussions? No, you can't just kill a hundred mooks and jsut get a pat on the back for taking out the bad guys. That's....that's not how an actual war works these days. GAH.

Tim from CAD comics wrote a review of Battlefield: hardline a while ago. Now, I don't care about the game itself. However, his whole review can be summed up like this: [...]The problem I've run into with my experience with the Battlefield Hardline campaign thus far. I've yet to see anyone bat an eye at the criminals I've offed in the line of duty. That sort of mentality flies in a warzone, but within US borders even killing bad guys should qualify for some sort of mention.

Man, that annoys me. I mean, is he really that caught up in games and movies that he thinks you can mow down enemies like you can in most FPSs in a war zone and there's no repercussions? No, you can't just kill a hundred mooks and jsut get a pat on the back for taking out the bad guys. That's....that's not how an actual war works these days. GAH.
Does anyone take that guy serious? I am guessing he's making money what he's doing so good for him, I guess.

GasBandit

Staff member
The part that Yahtzee had a problem with is the fact that (in the single player campaign) you can still "arrest" people after you're kicked off the force.