[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

This isn't how human emotions work. Especially this soon after where I'm still in a lot of pain over it.
You're in enough pain over it to have gotten a new, serious (from what you say about her on here at least) girlfriend. This sounds like the toddler philosophy of "what's mine is mine, what's yours is mine".

Also, "human emotion" doesn't work any certain way. What you feel isn't what someone else feels despite both being in the same situation. Sometimes "human emotion" is quite irrational and causes us to think certain things which are not true. It isn't up to your best friend to do anything you wish him to do. It is up to you to sort out why you are still hung up on this ex despite already being in another relationship.

You're in enough pain over it to have gotten a new, serious (from what you say about her on here at least) girlfriend. This sounds like the toddler philosophy of "what's mine is mine, what's yours is mine".
I'm not saying she's mine, just that it would hurt to see my best friend of 15 years with someone who shattered me pretty hard not a few months ago. Like a betrayal. Like I said, I don't care about what she does, I do care about what he does.[DOUBLEPOST=1416163547,1416163489][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also, "human emotion" doesn't work any certain way. What you feel isn't what someone else feels despite both being in the same situation. Sometimes "human emotion" is quite irrational and causes us to think certain things which are not true. It isn't up to your best friend to do anything you wish him to do. It is up to you to sort out why you are still hung up on this ex despite already being in another relationship.
I know it's irrational. I'm saying how I feel, I'm not apologizing for feeling betrayed right now.

Also I don't even know that they're seeing each other in a relationship way, this is just initial shitty feelings rant, which is why it's in minor.

I feel like utter dogshit right now. I just found out the women I was really beginning to care for was sleeping around. *sigh* I'm grateful I found out early at least, so I didn't become too attached. Silver lining or not, this feeling still sucks. :(

Woke up this morning with what I'm pretty sure is food poisoning for the first time in my life. Which sucks because I had a training seminar that I need to reschedule today and a mandatory meeting at an extracurricular program I'm taking part in.

On the bright side, I've perfected my "Girl from the Exorcist" imitation and scared the hell out of the cats with it.

Dammit. The cat has figured out how to open the refrigerator.
This is why I never want another smart cat. One of our cats has figured out how to open cabinets, flush toilets and is actively working on how to open doors (he's started rolling the doorknob between his paws and watches us every time we open a door).

This is why I never want another smart cat. One of our cats has figured out how to open cabinets, flush toilets and is actively working on how to open doors (he's started rolling the doorknob between his paws and watches us every time we open a door).
My cat just watches me poop in amazement, and eagerly waits for me to flush so he can watch it go down. It's kinda creepy. I'd close the door so he can't come in, but I'm hoping one day he'll slip trying to watch it flush and he'll go headfirst into a big dooker.

Need the state vehicle inspection done after replacing the windshield. Went to local NTB for an oil change, and asked them. Out of stickers. First local Walmart, doesn't do them. Sears, can't do it today. Regular mechanic, booked solid. Other NTB in the area, doesn't do them. Goodyear, out of stickers AND booked. Second local Walmart, doesn't do them

So that's 0 for 7 this morning. I feel I've made a reasonable effort, so I'm moving on to the remainder of my day. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Need the state vehicle inspection done after replacing the windshield. Went to local NTB for an oil change, and asked them. Out of stickers. First local Walmart, doesn't do them. Sears, can't do it today. Regular mechanic, booked solid. Other NTB in the area, doesn't do them. Goodyear, out of stickers AND booked. Second local Walmart, doesn't do them

So that's 0 for 7 this morning. I feel I've made a reasonable effort, so I'm moving on to the remainder of my day. :p
Do they not have Quicker Sticker, or some equivalent, in West VA? We've got shops where the only thing they DO is state inspections.

GasBandit

Staff member
What's a State inspection?

--Patrick
Somebody's living the dream.

Me, I was just relieved when I moved to Texas and the State Inspection no longer tested emissions. That was some ol' bullshit, back in colorado. "Sorry, you got 0.1 over on this figure, so if you wanna pass inspection, you gonna need $600 worth of engine work." Texas just tests whether your lights shine, your horn beeps, and your brakes work. Colorado didn't care if you had a rolling bladed death machine so long as its hydrocarbon emissions were under an obscure amount no website will divulge.

fade

Staff member
SC dropped them years ago. They apparently investigated and found out the service stations were just selling the stickers since there was no motivation for them to do an actual inspection. So rather than spend money to enforce the inspections, they just decided to drop them.

GasBandit said:
Somebody's living the dream. Me, I was just relieved when I moved to Texas and the State Inspection no longer tested emissions. That was some ol' bullshit, back in colorado. "Sorry, you got 0.1 over on this figure, so if you wanna pass inspection, you gonna need $600 worth of engine work." Texas just tests whether your lights shine, your horn beeps, and your brakes work. Colorado didn't care if you had a rolling bladed death machine so long as its hydrocarbon emissions were under an obscure amount no website will divulge.
My county didn't require emissions testing until last year, and it was in fact, dumb. Had to pay $30 to replace my gas cap as the only damages though. BUT if you pass an emissions test vehicle at any point, and you pass that drive by test, all you have to do is get your test passed sticker in the mail.

When I lived in NJ it took about 45 minutes for them* to inspect your car. It was ridiculous. They checked every little thing.

them = state inspection station

Smog and emissions testing.

Yeah, I know, try not to laugh at the irony of it, being in West Virginia and all.
Joke's on you. WV doesn't do emissions testing. PA does, but it's on a county by county basis. So you'll see some PA cars with two stickers, others with one.

Back when I was stationed in Mayport, your car had to pass FL emissions testing to get a base sticker. Even if your car was licensed out of state. My 12 year old Ford Tempo failed to the point it was more efficient to just buy a new car instead.

Somebody's living the dream.

Me, I was just relieved when I moved to Texas and the State Inspection no longer tested emissions. That was some ol' bullshit, back in colorado. "Sorry, you got 0.1 over on this figure, so if you wanna pass inspection, you gonna need $600 worth of engine work." Texas just tests whether your lights shine, your horn beeps, and your brakes work. Colorado didn't care if you had a rolling bladed death machine so long as its hydrocarbon emissions were under an obscure amount no website will divulge.
Texas still does emissions testing, depending on where your vehicle is domiciled. Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso counties require emissions testing.

GasBandit

Staff member
Texas still does emissions testing, depending on where your vehicle is domiciled. Brazoria, Fort Bend, Galveston, Harris, Montgomery, Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, Travis, Williamson and El Paso counties require emissions testing.
Yeah, I should have been more specific about how it was merely my own experience moving from colorado springs to non-urban Texas. But even in the big cities, they still do the safety part of the inspection (I think), whereas in colorado, they only tested emissions and nothing else.

Yeah, I should have been more specific about how it was merely my own experience moving from colorado springs to non-urban Texas. But even in the big cities, they still do the safety part of the inspection (I think), whereas in colorado, they only tested emissions and nothing else.
Yup, in those counties, safety inspections and emissions are part and parcel of the same test.

Unlike here in Virginia, where the state inspection is every year, but the emissions test is every 2 years. And most places around here have two different lines to park your car in, so if you need both tests (as you do, every other year) you have to sit in line twice.