[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

Had what seemed to be a cardiac event while driving home. Apparently, my blood sugar is 427 right now. Waiting on a ride to the ER because I can't drive myself and my wife's car decided it doesn't like batteries. But the paramedics and firefighters were nice. Whee.
I'm betting they'll find it is in some way stress-related.

--Patrick

Made it to ER, basically spent a lot of time and money to be told that I really do need to not eat candy all day, and that my blood sugar had been really high, but was coming down to a manageable level. The great irony is that I knew over the weekend that my blood sugar was creeping back up, and that I needed to do something about it, so I made it a point to take food for lunch instead of eating out, cut back to 2 cups of coffee and a lot of water, stop drinking soda, cut back on the fruit juice; etc. etc. etc. Just didn't catch it quite in time and compounded it by not having enough healthy food today, and making it up with candy. Nothing wrong with my heart except the panic attack that came on when my blood sugar spiked.

I nearly cut a bitch on my last
Flight. He wanted his seat dark for a movie or something maybe so he closed his window. He then stood up, reached over the back of his seat and with his hand in my face, closed my window. Oh I had words for him. He's lucky I didn't have a plastic fork.

GasBandit

Staff member
My new phone (LG G3) fell out of my pocket.

Onto concrete.

Right on its corner.

Totally busted.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

GasBandit

Staff member
Took it down to the phone repair place. They specialize in iPhones, so they don't have the parts for the G3 on hand and have to order them. 7 to 10 business days to arrive, $180 all told.

Meanwhile, I got Verizon to switch my service back to my old Droid 1, so at least I have a working phone, even if it is the dumbest of smartphones. At least it can survive a 2 foot drop (and has several times).

Took it down to the phone repair place. They specialize in iPhones, so they don't have the parts for the G3 on hand and have to order them. 7 to 10 business days to arrive, $180 all told.

Meanwhile, I got Verizon to switch my service back to my old Droid 1, so at least I have a working phone, even if it is the dumbest of smartphones. At least it can survive a 2 foot drop (and has several times).
Tomorrow's post... "Dropped my Droid..."

GasBandit

Staff member
Tomorrow's post... "Dropped my Droid..."
HA! Like I said, though, I dropped my Droid several times over the 4 years I used it. It's a MUCH sturdier construction. The touchscreen doesn't extend all the way to the outer bezel, and despite being a much smaller phone, it's a much heavier/more durable construction form factor. This was part of the reason I made the bad decision that I didn't need a protective case for my G3. You can bet I'm getting one when it's done being fixed, now.

HA! Like I said, though, I dropped my Droid several times over the 4 years I used it. It's a MUCH sturdier construction. The touchscreen doesn't extend all the way to the outer bezel, and despite being a much smaller phone, it's a much heavier/more durable construction form factor. This was part of the reason I made the bad decision that I didn't need a protective case for my G3. You can bet I'm getting one when it's done being fixed, now.
Otterbox defender...just take my word on this.

I had an exceptionally gong show shit day and my kids just stole my spicy DQ chicken strips and then each threw them out for being too spicy....^&%$#@!

Well, long ago and far away a drunk dumb ass injured her arm on a flight home from out west.
Fast forward to last night, on a flight back east from a loser town call Regina, some freak decides to climb over his airplane seat into her row to close her window.
So she ripped him a new one.
Then on the flight from TO to home some loser family decided that they would sit in the seat she purchased specifically so that her bad arm would not get injured again. She politely declined, so their little brat kicked her arm all flight long.
So she ripped them a new one.
Gets home late last night, gets the kids on the bus in the morning and sleeps some more.
Decides to see a Doctor about the pain in her good arm.
It's injured and she needs X-rays.
So she gets X-rays and decides to get a new license plate because her old one has fallen apart (de-lamination). (DMV is close to the Hospital)
Attempts to replace the plates and manages to break the screws (bad arms and hands and snow, yay snow!)
Grabs our daughter for a make up ballet class, after which she decides to take her to a clinic.
To treat daughter after clinic, they decide to get a blizzard at DQ.
Cops pull her over for no license plate visible.
She uses her boobs to get out of ticket.
She grabs dinner and DQ.
All this makes her late to get home, so I have to take our son to darts.
Once there he spills my opponents beer.
They arrive and collect my son and head home.
Once home, the kids steal her chicken strips, even though they have already had dinner. Find them too spicy and throw them out.
She's now grinding daily quests in WoW and using her boobs to get me to do her laundry.

Well, long ago and far away a drunk dumb ass injured her arm on a flight home from out west.
Fast forward to last night, on a flight back east from a loser town call Regina, some freak decides to climb over his airplane seat into her row to close her window.
Then on the flight from TO to home some loser family decided that they would sit in the seat she purchased specifically so that her bad arm would not get injured again. She politely declined, so their little brat kicked her arm all flight long.
Gets home late last night, gets the kids on the bus in the morning and sleeps some more.
So she gets X-rays and decides to get a new license plate because her old one has fallen apart (de-lamination). (DMV is close to the Hospital)
Attempts to replace the plates and manages to break the screws (bad arms and hands and snow, yay snow!)
Grabs our daughter for a make up ballet class, after which she decides to take her to a clinic.
She grabs dinner and DQ.
Once home, the kids steal her chicken strips, even though they have already had dinner. Find them too spicy and throw them out.
She's now grinding daily quests in WoW and using her boobs to get me to do her laundry.

And now WoW is down. Hide, she's about to go postal.

In the future, I recommend a doomweasel to guard your chicken strips.
agreed![DOUBLEPOST=1417233759,1417233299][/DOUBLEPOST]
She grabs dinner and DQ.
Mostly true lol!

My right arm was injured a few years ago and after three surgeries I still have nerve damage and muscle wasting :( I have to use my left arm for so much. I fell earlier this month right on it and re-injured it this week while traveling. I think the pain is partially responsible for my super rage these past few days. Other than the guy who closed my window...he needs to be hurt.

His recap of today is pretty close other than visiting three stores for Black Friday shopping. shhh....I bought him some gifts.

I habitually drop everything, and this case is the greatest thing ever, even if it was really embarrassing to have to run from the back to the front of a bus to retrieve my bouncing phone once.

I also use an Otterbox Defender, but I realize that it may sometimes be too chunky for some folks.
That's why Otterbox has other case lines, like the Commuter series.
Personally, I've only dropped my phone once (that I remember), but that was when I was getting out of my car and bobbled it on the dismount. It's a rectangle, but it tried its best to roll and bounce off all four corners until it ran out of momentum and flopped over. Not a scratch and I was a happy camper.

--Patrick

I also use an Otterbox Defender, but I realize that it may sometimes be too chunky for some folks.
That's why Otterbox has other case lines, like the Commuter series.
Personally, I've only dropped my phone once (that I remember), but that was when I was getting out of my car and bobbled it on the dismount. It's a rectangle, but it tried its best to roll and bounce off all four corners until it ran out of momentum and flopped over. Not a scratch and I was a happy camper.

--Patrick
Well someone is getting a pay off! :3