[Rant] Minor Rant III: For a Few Hollers More

It's back now, as of 9:30 this morning. Just a one-day outage.
I would go get my own Internet if I could do so for <=$30/mo or so, but pffft, no.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
My neighbor's car refused to start. I'm working from home so I hear the telltale "click-click-click" of a dead battery. I lean my head out the window and yell, "Hey, do you need a jump?" They yell back, "Mind your own fucking business!"

You're welcome.

My neighbor's car refused to start. I'm working from home so I hear the telltale "click-click-click" of a dead battery. I lean my head out the window and yell, "Hey, do you need a jump?" They yell back, "Mind your own fucking business!"

You're welcome.
And that's why you let your dog shit on his front yard.

Dave

Staff member
Why don't you ask them to borrow a cup of sugar? You can return it in their gas tank.
You don't want to lend these people anything. They are very interesting, to say the least. I could do a whole routine about them and them alone!

Let's just say that they live off of suing others, charitable donations, and my tax dollars. All while refusing to work.

You don't want to lend these people anything. They are very interesting, to say the least. I could do a whole routine about them and them alone!

Let's just say that they live off of suing others, charitable donations, and my tax dollars. All while refusing to work.
I'm guessing there's a Bush Cheney bumper stick on their car.

Are they Korean?

Reactions: Jay

Dave

Staff member
Dunno. But they are the whitest white trash I've ever met. They have a deaf child that speaks no English at all. She does noting but grunt or scream, and they yell at her...because they don't know very much sign language. The kid is probably 10 or 11.

The woman weighs about 400 pound. The guy has a speech impediment and has an inability to wear any clothing besides cutoff shorts with no shirt. They have two kids living there, the deaf girl and a young boy who dresses just like the guy. Every week a church stops by and drops off food, yet the Schwan man also stops by every other week. For those of you who don't know, the Schwan man drives a truck that delivers food right to your door and they are pricey as hell. *WE* can't afford the Schwan man!

I hate these people but am always civil to them. @BananaHands is going to see them in all their glory!

BananaHands

Staff member
Dunno. But they are the whitest white trash I've ever met. They have a deaf child that speaks no English at all. She does noting but grunt or scream, and they yell at her...because they don't know very much sign language. The kid is probably 10 or 11.

The woman weighs about 400 pound. The guy has a speech impediment and has an inability to wear any clothing besides cutoff shorts with no shirt. They have two kids living there, the deaf girl and a young boy who dresses just like the guy. Every week a church stops by and drops off food, yet the Schwan man also stops by every other week. For those of you who don't know, the Schwan man drives a truck that delivers food right to your door and they are pricey as hell. *WE* can't afford the Schwan man!

I hate these people but am always civil to them. @BananaHands is going to see them in all their glory!
So you're telling me I should bring cutoffs.

I think you should call CPS on them...

You're welcome.
Story of much of my adult life, Dave.

Me: "Hey, it looks like you could use a hand."
Nn: "GRR MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS I'VE GOT IT THANX FUKOFF."
Me: "Well hey can't say I didn't ask."

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Die Maus ist tot.

My cats apparently have never read a Garfield comic and killed that little pest. I had just been remarking to the wife on how we've caught nothing in the traps and I wondered where it went. The answer? Mousy heaven.

In other less ranty news, the sticky traps we put down for the mouse gathered NO bugs. No roaches, no spiders, no flies...nothing. I was truly scared what crawled around at night.

Wait wait wait... they yell at their deaf daughter?

Dave

Staff member
Wait wait wait... they yell at their deaf daughter?
Caught that, did ya? Yup. They yell and curse at her. One time the mom yelled, "You never fucking listen to me!" My wife yelled back, "That's because she's fucking deaf!!"

GasBandit

Staff member
Monday the new salesguy didn't come in. He quit over the weekend.

Today I learned through the grapevine another woman in sales is also quitting, as is the morning "sidekick" DJ.

Something's fucky around here, and I'm slightly concerned about the fact that I don't know what.

Dave

Staff member
If you love your 20 year old, set her free. If she comes back, she's yours. And lives in your basement. With her boyfriend.

Dave

Staff member
Yay! Free labor!

--Patrick

More to the story, though, and although it's a huge imposition it's probably a good idea that she's moving back. She moved out to stay with a friend and that friend's boyfriend. The rent was in my daughter's name, the cable and utilities were in the friend's name. Turns out the friend had been taking the money and not paying the bills. When she asked this week for an additional $100+ for the electricity my daughter asked to see the bill...and was flatly refused because it might have personal information on it. In other words, we don't want you to see that there's a past due balance of $280 for an apartment. They had a big fight, both burned their respective bridges and now my daughter is moving back in with us and breaking the lease.

Funny story, though, when the lease gets broken these two won't have anywhere to go. Good planning!

More to the story, though, and although it's a huge imposition it's probably a good idea that she's moving back. She moved out to stay with a friend and that friend's boyfriend. The rent was in my daughter's name, the cable and utilities were in the friend's name. Turns out the friend had been taking the money and not paying the bills. When she asked this week for an additional $100+ for the electricity my daughter asked to see the bill...and was flatly refused because it might have personal information on it. In other words, we don't want you to see that there's a past due balance of $280 for an apartment. They had a big fight, both burned their respective bridges and now my daughter is moving back in with us and breaking the lease.

Funny story, though, when the lease gets broken these two won't have anywhere to go. Good planning!
You should have said "Alright, you can move back in, but do so at your own peril. Your mother and I are NOT giving up naked Tuesdays."

GasBandit

Staff member
Monday the new salesguy didn't come in. He quit over the weekend.

Today I learned through the grapevine another woman in sales is also quitting, as is the morning "sidekick" DJ.

Something's fucky around here, and I'm slightly concerned about the fact that I don't know what.

Revelation. Our main (non-clear channel) competition has bought a new station and is flipping it to Country. People are jumping ship to work there.

GasBandit

Staff member
...but you're staying?

--Patrick
For the moment. They probably weren't headhunting I.T. staff anyway, as they're already an established business with their own IT people, they just needed more air talent (the sales girl who quit was also on air). I heard that she and a guy we fired some time ago are going to be the morning show over there. This development actually was big enough to get our owner to drive into town and show up in the office and start messing with stuff.

GasBandit

Staff member
We have a country station, too. It's our biggest seller, and the dominant country-format station in the market. Our closest competition, up til now, in that format has been a clear channel station with crappy ratings. Another locally-programmed and live produced country station is a direct shot across our bow.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe they're just tired of that funky plywood ramp in the hallway, and assume the newer station has better digs.
They probably just pay better. Wouldn't be much of a stretch. Candidly, if I thought I could get hired over there, I'd probably go too. But like I said, they've already got their own IT guy and Production Director (and over there it's TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE).

GasBandit

Staff member
clear channel, and not Clear Channel, if I read you correctly.
Whups, I should have capitalized it. There is a Clear Channel radio country station here, but they suck and we dominate them in the ratings because they're Clear Channel (meaning no local DJs, no local content, mass-programmed from somewhere else in the nation, etc). This other radio company, who is not Clear Channel (they're locally owned and operated), is moving in on our turf.

We're locally operated, but I don't know if you can call us "locally owned" as Austin's still a bit of a drive away, and that's where our old white bald owner lives. He usually only comes by to work on budgets at the end of the year, and when the shit has hit the fan in some manner.

Dave

Staff member
So you're saying you need on-air talent? Damn! I knew I should have gotten that studio up and running when I had the money!

I have been feeling very depressed and stressed lately and I have no idea why. It feels like I am just barely going through the motions each day and can barely bring myself to care anymore. I hate feeling like this and I wish it would stop, I try to hang out with my friends but all I have is my family who drives me nuts for the most part, a couple of coworkers and an ex who I am still friends with. My birthday is coming up soon and I keep asking to just ignore it this year and they get offended and so now I am roped into going to a party for something I don't even want to acknowledge.

I know this is really whiny and I apologize I am just tired of feeling this way. It seems that no matter what changes I make to my life to make it better I am never happy. Heck today I have been trying my best to stave off a panic attack that I feel coming on. I just want to curl into a ball and have the day end so I don't have to think about it anymore and I hate feeling like this.