[PC Game] Minecraft HF server info and game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasBandit

Staff member
While I have received the "fixed" version of Ragnar, I am holding off uploading it until after the maintenance is over. I want to make sure the server doesn't "come up" in the middle of my upload, and I want to be able to gracefully unmount Ragnar from the multiverse before overwriting it via FTP.

Some time (post 1.9) host Caprica the same way. I'll cut out a number of unused towns (and turf) and give it back if you have a place to upload a multi-hundred-meg file. That's the funny thing, that I don't have a place to host something like that these days.

If Gas does put up Caprica for chunk pruning, please be careful about what you cut out in the area around my mountain. I have done some pretty extensive exploration underground.

GasBandit

Staff member
Server's still down. I asked about the situation, and a multiplay rep said:

We are facing some issues with the install at the moment I'm afraid.

Allow me to apologise regarding this. I can assure you that we are working on expediting the process. Further updates will be posted to Clanforge News.

Clanforge news sez:
Update #1: The following machines have now returned: (tor06).

Update #2: We are still awaiting for the OS reinstall on several machines to take place. We will keep customers updated and reimburse customers for any time lost.

Update #3: We are still working on restoring these machines as quickly as possible. Due to several issues this, has been unfortunately delayed.

GasBandit

Staff member
*cry* I'm going through withdrawl here! And single-player just isn't doing it for me. I need my minecrack fix.
If you absolutely have to... you know multiplay runs a variety of other public servers....

Multiplay :: Minecraft NL Demo Server (No Bu... 85.236.109.207:30265 31 seconds ago
Multiplay :: Minecraft US East Coast Demo Se... 64.34.196.28:27965 2 minutes ago
Multiplay :: Minecraft UK Demo Server (No Bu... 85.236.100.245:25565 1 hour ago
Multiplay :: Minecraft US West Coast Demo Se... 72.51.34.136:27465
4 hours ago

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, the fixed Ragnar is now live, and I've also gotten CreativeLand working - taking the portal to CreativeLand (you will know it when you see it) will put you in Creative mode (no health/hunger, flying enabled without magic carpet, access to all blocks/items, no tools needed, instant digging, etc).

At the moment there is nothing to stop you from using it to leech resources, but I warn you the game won't be as fun if you do.

I invite any of you who feel the urges to build GIANT CLOTH ABOMINATIONS to do it there :p

GasBandit

Staff member
Looks like something really bad just went down on the server - unable to connect, the clanforge control panel isn't generating statistics and times out/fails on attempts to stop/start/restart the server. I have submitted a ticket.

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a very bizarre major map corruption in Adammon's pyramid.. even logging out/back in didn't fix it. Fortunately rebooting the server fixed it.

Something that looked eerily similar to this happened... maybe a week ago too. Though I think a smaller area was affected - it in Eriol and my's backyard where the pens are. Moving 'out of sight' (a few chunks away) and returning seemed to fix it, so it may have just been a time to load thing. But it looked pretty much exactly like what you've posted Gas.

If you mean the bombed out village I had already dismantled a bunch of it for parts. Later I used it as a test range for tnt techniques. It is next slated to be cleaned up a bit and turned in to "ruins"

All before we had Adventureland.

P

Philosopher B.

Voracious readers will want to pop inside the TNT in Creativeland.

Reading is, after all, a blast. :csi:

((Twobit helped with some of the interior decorating))

Also, it may be small, but the Snoopy in Skyland took quite a while to find the materials for (the color brown came from cocoa beans found in various chests underground).

I thought we agreed that mechs, and other "interesting" things weren't going to appear in Caprica? That sort of thing belongs in Ragnar, or just about any other world we have.

It's east of Drifter's place, in the water.

GasBandit

Staff member
I thought we agreed that mechs, and other "interesting" things weren't going to appear in Caprica? That sort of thing belongs in Ragnar, or just about any other world we have.

It's east of Drifter's place, in the water.
I can feel where you're coming from, but you might feel differently if you saw it up close... it's made of wood and stone, made up to look... I dunno what the word is.. Vinetech? Treepunk?

It's a giant steampunk robot; I think the concept fits in rather well with Caprica's supposed fantasy aesthetic. And yes, everything was gathered by hand, including the tools used to build it.

OK, because it's 100% legit (and in-person it's kinda awesome) OK, but I'll admit I'm a bit "half-n-half" about it still. That's just my feelings on it. I don't want to offend anybody though either.

Status
Not open for further replies.