[NHL] MetroHockey Division (and the rest of the league)

Reimer, Marty St. Louis, and Kesler. They may also speculate on Broder since (pretty sure) he did say he would consider leaving New Jersey if they don't make it to the playoffs.

We're an awful team even with him and Miller made it clear that he wants to play for a contender. He's a UFA after this year so we wanted to get some draft picks and prospects for him rather than lose him for nothing in a few months. I'm not happy that he's gone, but it was without a doubt the right decision.

without Jay to at least make jokes and point out how ridiculously boring trade day coverage is, TSN will be brutal to watch today. All the really big stuff has happened unless something ACTUALLY comes of the St. Louis, Kessler and Brodeur talks.

Poile keeps saying Legwand isn't going to be traded. I really hope he's right, but I don't see him being a Predator beyond this year, unless he gives the team a huge hometown discount.

The Luongo trade surprised me, but didn't. Vancouver will be in the position Edmonton is in right now, within five years, guaranteed.

Very, very surprising that Brodeur is still a Devil, but I guess the goalie market went out the window with the Luongo trade.

Yeah there really wasn't anyone to take him. He wants to go somewhere he can win, and none of the serious contenders are in the market for a goalie right now. Miller (especially) and Luongo filled the gaps.

So, everyone happy?
Not a lot of trades, but there were some surprising ones (And some that would have been surprising if hockey analysts hadn't been reporting on the rumours for weeks already). Some big names moved for sure.

Bit of a letdown Toronto didn't make any moves, but at the same time I don't think there is a move they could have made that'd make me happy right now. We aren't exactly a shoo in for the playoffs so getting a player short term does nothing for us. Better to keep what we got and look to the future.

I have this great fear that Legwand is going to go and have a career year next year for Detroyit, and go on to score a bunch more goals and points than he ever did under No-Neck.

Now before you open up this image, I want you to guess how many men are on the ice for the Florida Panthers (not including the goalie)

panthers.jpg

Kari Lehtonen got blasted Saturday night in the Stars game, Tim Thomas gets the start tonight. Makes me happy that he's here.

Rich Peverley collapsed on the Dallas Stars bench during the game tonight. He was taken off, treated for his A-Fib, and taken to the hospital.

The game was cancelled, make-up date to be determined.

He came-to in the medical room, and immediately asked the coach how much time was left in the game. And if he could get back into the game.

That guy's career is done. He's been having heart issues since last season. No reason to throw his life away.

That guy's career is done. He's been having heart issues since last season. No reason to throw his life away.
Sounds like they're moving up a procedure they were planning to do in the off season that they expect to resolve it. Guess we'll have to see if it does.

He's back with the team, but out for the season. I do doubt that he'll be able to find someone to sign him for the insurance costs (see: Steve Sullivan), but if they can do something to decrease the likelihood of a recurrence, he might be out on the ice again next season.

And, as a commentary:

:rolleyes:
Except LeBron's leg cramped to the point that he could barely walk and in a few minutes he came back in and hit a clutch 3.

Also Peverly didn't die on the bench, he had an erratic heartbeat and passed out. Gotta exaggerate the point, though.

Also Peverly didn't die on the bench, he had an erratic heartbeat and passed out. Gotta exaggerate the point, though.
People dont understand how defribulators work, thanks to tv and movies. they hear a defrib was used and this is what they think happened.