[NHL] MetroHockey Division (and the rest of the league)

It's just the RR phase.

A fair warning for hockey fans, the level of hype and false importance for a regular season game played in terrible and non-standard conditions is expected to reach critical mass today. The NHL Network is already running pregame coverage, and seems to want to pretend that it's a big deal and super important.

It's important in that it will actually compete against college football bowl games. And it will have some decent numbers in comparison instead of the typical, coming in right behind televised poker and just ahead of bowling.

US TV numbers obviously.

The problem, of course, is that the two teams involved are hated with a passion by pretty much every single other NHL fan base.

"Do you think Daddy is happy that you deleted the final period of the hockey game that he has been watching all day and now will never get to see?"

:rage:

No, that was CBC's fault.

CBC inadvertently cut away from the game with about a minute and a half to go in the 3rd.

Oh, and whose bright idea was it to have that "intermission" in the middle of the OT?

No I had paused the game on the live feed to have dinner. All I had to do was hit resume after dinner to finish watching the game and my wifes daughter had cancelled it and was watching cartoons.

No I had paused the game on the live feed to have dinner. All I had to do was hit resume after dinner to finish watching the game and my wifes daughter had cancelled it and was watching cartoons.
What were you doing having dinner in the middle of the afternoon?

B

BErt

I was happy enough with the seats. Best view we've had from any of the outdoor games. Except ya know...the outcome :(

image.jpg

@checkeredhat how did you like The Big House?

20140101_145638.jpg
20140101_160317.jpg
I was happy enough with the seats. Best view we've had from any of the outdoor games. Except ya know...the outcome :(

View attachment 13535

@checkeredhat how did you like The Big House?
Looks like we weren't seated too far from one another. You were definitely closer though. I was section 30, row 39.
The game was great, but there were some serious issues with how the stadium ran things. Not really sure how they could have done it better apart from renting some porta-potties, and actually letting people in to section 31. I don't know what was up with section 31 but they weren't letting them through. People were chanting "LET US IN. LET US IN." and acting like assholes to everyone who tried to get by to get to the washrooms.
What was awesome to see was the comradery between Leafs and Wings fans. Everywhere I looked I saw throngs of mixed blue and white all chatting and laughing amicably. There was good natured ribbing, obviously, but it was all in good fun.
The experience of being there was seriously unreal.
Ann Arbor was not prepared for this, though. There were still scores of fans waiting outside the stadium at 8:30 for cabs. I'm glad my friend and I at least went and got food before standing out in the cold to flag a cab.[DOUBLEPOST=1388761303,1388761037][/DOUBLEPOST]
That slope on your seating area looks insane...
Yeah it is oriented correctly on my phone but when I uploaded it here it went sideways. I then reoriented it on my phone and reuploaded it here and it was still sideways. I then gave up, clicked "Delete" on both photos and never clicked "Post Reply" so I don't know how that posted at all.

I've since uploaded the pictures to my computer and reoriented them from there.

B

BErt

I agree everyone seemed to have a good time and got a long well on both sides. Had a lot of fun chatting with the family next to us that were in from Mississauga.

And your weren't alone with the section being backed up and chanting "let us in!" Because it happened in 28 too. Some people around me waiting heard that we were the only section with issues and left to try to get in section 29, I'm guessing that didn't go well for them now. I've been there quite a few times and never had that happen, no idea what the issue was.

Glad you had fun!

Paging David Poile... Your one-time "Head Coach in Waiting" is now available.

Can No-Neck and BRING HIM TO SMASHVILLE.

As a Canucks fan that's level of insanity that I've been anticipating from Tortorella ever since they hired him. I wish they didn't have to censor whatever it was that was being said.

Well, it finally happened. Sabres traded Miler and Ott for Halak, Chris Stewart, William Carrier, a 2015 first, and 2016 third.

I knew a trade for Miller was coming; we all did. But that's still huge news and I am shocked I hadn't heard about this earlier today (I check the news more often than I probably should at work)

Buffalo makes off better in that deal than I thought they would. Not a bad deal for St. Louis either, really. As long as they can tie Miller up in the summer. Definitely makes them an even stronger bet come the Playoffs.[DOUBLEPOST=1393637038,1393636782][/DOUBLEPOST].... It's also good for the Leafs, because Miller is their goddamn Kryptonite.