[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I imagine the next shareholder conference will be a shaky thing for executives when asked how come they didn't make a movie that was a nearly guaranteed billion dollar money maker.
To be fair, the shareholders would also be upset if they spent 200 million dollars on a movie that went in a whole new direction and angered the fans enough that it only made back 85 million.

--Patrick

No, you’re actually wrong. They’ve discussed it at length with the press, and they have determined without a doubt they will not be hiring Gunn back on despite everyone who works are Marvel Studios practically begging them to reconsider.

The movie is on hiatus because the cast is publicly upset (especially Bautista), much of their target audience will not support a new GotG movie without Gunn, and they aren’t sure exactly who to get to replace Gunn. At the odds are very good that they won’t ever make it, and instead completely reshuffle their Phase 4 plans.
No, the current Walt Disney executives in charge of the movie said this. Alan Horn is the current big dog amongst those who made the firing decision and the one who stands to lose the most... the one who has ALREADY lost the most. The word is out that he's going to retire in a few months because he's lost his chance at the big chair, so the delay is just a face saving measure for him. This won't look odd, he's already 75. Once the heat is off and the people who stood to lose face are gone, there really isn't anything keeping them from bringing Gunn back ether as director or as shadow-co-director.

As it is though, unless the next Avengers completely writes off the Guardians, Phase 4 is kind of fucked. They could do Nova or something (maybe bring back John C. Reily as a mentor for Nova?) but the fans already know what happened and they will not be pleased.

And yes... the shareholders have their torches and pitchforks out. That movie was guaranteed money and it got iced because a single old executive at the top wasn't media aware. Expect to see heads roll if something like this happens again.

EDIT: Something else to consider; Disney hasn't talked to ANYONE about taking over a director of the movie. If they had, we'd know. Which ether means no one wants the job because of the heat or that it's basically cancelled at this point.

Last edited:
Is Robert Redford supposed to make a cameo? I thought in Winter Soldier they said his character was responsible for Fury's damaged eye.

Nah, that shit needs to be like DP, it's own thing that's only sort of connected to the rest. Like the comic was.

Given that the movie takes place in the 90's, she very likely has a daughter named Monica. (Maria is even the name of Monica's mother in the 616.)
Hmmm... that would make her a bit younger then i imagined her... unless she's already born when the film takes place...

Brilliant Idea #9134975:

Dressing up as Thor for Avengers 4 (as I did for Infinity War), but also bring a bucket of sand with me to say I brought all my friends with me, who are also cosplaying as Avengers.

(I know it was dust, but sand would be easier to get.)

I think it's clever, although I'm not sure the theater would be happy of you bringing a bucket of sand or ashes. The chances of you spilling Avengers all over the floor is high.

Dave

Staff member
Brilliant Idea #9134975:

Dressing up as Thor for Avengers 4 (as I did for Infinity War), but also bring a bucket of sand with me to say I brought all my friends with me, who are also cosplaying as Avengers.

(I know it was dust, but sand would be easier to get.)
I hate sand....

figmentPez

Staff member
Put them in individually named/labeled ziploc bags, then put the bags in the bucket. That ought to work.
Craft stores often sell colored sands used for sand art.
I think there’s potential there.
I was thinking: cut a piece of cardboard to fit the mouth of the bucket, coat the cardboard in adhesive, sprinkle on black colored sand, shake off the excess, and then fix the cardboard in the bucket. It'll look like an open bucket of dust, be a lot lighter, and have no chance of spilling.

As a former employee of the once great Blockbuster Video, I highly approve of this trailer.

Joke #1: Never let it be said that you can't save the world without punching a few old ladies. (1:30)
Joke #2: Since some Guardians of the Galaxy characters are in this, like Ronan, does that make this...a KREEquel?

Last edited: