[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Yeah, he's apologized years ago for those and hasn't done anything like it since.

Here's the secret. Don't Twitter. Ever.

Double sucks that Mike "The Rapiest Man Alive This Side of Roosh V and the Piece of Shit Behind Pizzagate" Cernovich is the one that did this because FUUUUUUCK Mike Cernovich.

Last edited:
Still mad I can’t find decent unadulterated copies of those.
And I’ll continue to be so until such time as either I die or they finally relent, assuming they don’t just decide to burn the negatives or something.

—Patrick

My grandma and her friends took me and my brother to see Song of the South in theaters when we were little. I must have been in kindergarten. No way that could happen now.

At special meetings held simultaneously in New York this morning, Disney and 21st Century Fox shareholders overwhelmingly approved the merger first proposed last December. (Deadline)

The platitudes are nice but if they truly meant it they'd say he comes back or we're all out.

It'd be career suicide but if they really meant what they're saying up there they'd do more than sign a letter.

Conversely saying that then puts x amount of other people out of a job so it's not a great choice either.

The platitudes are nice but if they truly meant it they'd say he comes back or we're all out.

It'd be career suicide but if they really meant what they're saying up there they'd do more than sign a letter.
I think it'd be more than a bit unfair to rest of the cast and crew of the next Avengers movie, as well as the crew of the next GotG, for them to pull that kind of stunt. They'd literally be stealing money out of the mouths of thousands of people that do CG, not to mention all the camera crew, costumers, make-up artists, etc...

I'm pretty sure they're all under contract for GotG3, so if they break that contract then there may be hell to pay. You don't want to take on Disney's lawyers.

This isn't aimed at Disney. The court of public opinion went against Gunn, so for Disney to reverse course, the court has to reverse course. This is aimed squarely at the public. I suspect it may not work, though. It's not unusual for Disney to switch directors in a series anyway, but they recognize that it's Gunn's sense of humor that made it work. Finding someone who could really take the ball would be challenging, but it was risky to choose Gunn in the first place, and the movie itself was risky.

To leave him in it at all - including the already finished draft script - would allow critics to suggest that Disney is defending Gunn's "indefensible remarks" One person suggested they simply cancel GoTG 3: https://www.cinemablend.com/news/24...sider-not-doing-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3 - It's fairly convincing at suggesting that either they should re-hire Gunn or cancel the film.

That said, Gunn isn't the only director that could pull off a GoTG 3. Yes, changing directors would change the flavor and direction of the film, but I don't see anyone complaining at how the GoTG characters were directed in Avengers Inifinity War. We know they consulted with Gunn on at least one point, and Gunn did suggest one scene that made it into the Avengers, but the Avengers directors were given carte blanche to do with the characters what they will and I believe they understood and used the GoTG characters well.

So what does Pat Robertson have on Disney? By the Gunn standards, they could have dropped the 700 Club off of whatever ABC Family is called now, but they haven't.
Let's skip all the political BS (such as you using a "but her emails!" argument to defend Gunn, or trying to figure out how metoo-->gunn correlates to metoo-->robertson, and how the court of public opinion would weigh for or against either) and just state that they probably would have years ago, except for "As of 2005, The 700 Club airs on Freeform thrice daily, part of a contractual obligation originally made as part of the Family Channel's sale to News Corporation" (emphasis added, source).

Here's a more in-depth article:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/pat-robertsons-700-club-will-be-on-forever.html

Let's skip all the political BS (such as you using a "but her emails!" argument to defend Gunn, or trying to figure out how metoo-->gunn correlates to metoo-->robertson, and how the court of public opinion would weigh for or against either) and just state that they probably would have years ago, except for "As of 2005, The 700 Club airs on Freeform thrice daily, part of a contractual obligation originally made as part of the Family Channel's sale to News Corporation" (emphasis added, source).

Here's a more in-depth article:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/01/pat-robertsons-700-club-will-be-on-forever.html
I'm not here to defend or bury Gunn. But with all the crap Robertson has spouted over the decades, you'd think someone the size of Disney would have the power or money to tear up the deal or even settle in order to get that garbage off the air.

But that's another thread, and I don't have the time or energy to deal with it right now.

So what does Pat Robertson have on Disney? By the Gunn standards, they could have dropped the 700 Club off of whatever ABC Family is called now, but they haven't.
I think that was actually written into the contract way back when the channel was first sold, the 700 Club has to stay on it.

I think it'd be more than a bit unfair to rest of the cast and crew of the next Avengers movie, as well as the crew of the next GotG, for them to pull that kind of stunt. They'd literally be stealing money out of the mouths of thousands of people that do CG, not to mention all the camera crew, costumers, make-up artists, etc...
Yeah I said as much though may have edited it in as you were replying to me as I did so after my initial.

That the movie is on hiatus is actually a pretty strong suggestion that they are thinking about bringing James Gunn back. They just need to work out how to do it correctly so it doesn't make some Disney Exec's penis doesn't look small.

Yes, that's what this is really about; with Iger going to retire soon, EVERYONE is fighting amongst themselves to show they can handle the job. The person who made the James Gunn decision can't back track on this publicly or they'd be out of the running. And now they got FOX executives in the mix too...

That the movie is on hiatus is actually a pretty strong suggestion that they are thinking about bringing James Gunn back. They just need to work out how to do it correctly so it doesn't make some Disney Exec's penis doesn't look small.

Yes, that's what this is really about; with Iger going to retire soon, EVERYONE is fighting amongst themselves to show they can handle the job. The person who made the James Gunn decision can't back track on this publicly or they'd be out of the running. And now they got FOX executives in the mix too...
No, you’re actually wrong. They’ve discussed it at length with the press, and they have determined without a doubt they will not be hiring Gunn back on despite everyone who works are Marvel Studios practically begging them to reconsider.

The movie is on hiatus because the cast is publicly upset (especially Bautista), much of their target audience will not support a new GotG movie without Gunn, and they aren’t sure exactly who to get to replace Gunn. At the odds are very good that they won’t ever make it, and instead completely reshuffle their Phase 4 plans.

I imagine the next shareholder conference will be a shaky thing for executives when asked how come they didn't make a movie that was a nearly guaranteed billion dollar money maker.