[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I never found the Inhumans terribly interesting to begin with, though to be fair they haven't been fleshed out nearly as long as Mutants have.

I never found the Inhumans terribly interesting to begin with, though to be fair they haven't been fleshed out nearly as long as Mutants have.
Honestly, I find them not as relatable as the mutants, as well. For one, they're inherently cut off from the rest of the world, since they live in Attilan. Plus, they're all royalty - at least the main Inhumans like Black Bolt and his group. With mutants, they're just regular people who are born with or develop their powers or "inhuman" looks.

Honestly the only one I'd like to really see Marvel get back completely is Spider-Man. I agree that Mutants are generally more relatable than the Inhumans have been, but I think like Ash said not having all their heavy hitters has made the company take some risks they might have overlooked otherwise.

They'd probably just pick and choose the most popular X-men, with the biggest potential box office draw.

So, Wolverine.

Honestly, much as I would prefer the X-Men come back to Marvel, I'm kinda glad they're off in their own universe. I honestly think the X-Men work best within their own little universe (see also: Batman). Hell, it's BECAUSE they didn't have the rights to X-Men, Spider-Man, or even Fantastic Four that they decided to try Avengers characters, instead. Compared to their money-makers like X-Men and Spider-Man, the Avengers were essentially second stringers in terms of their most marketable characters. I really doubt they would've given Iron Man such a hard try if they still owned the rights to their biggest money makers. Or definitely wouldn't have taken risks like Guardians or Ant-Man, as Ash said.

Last edited:
You know what I'd love to see in Avengers 3? I'm assuming they're bringing in ALL the supporting cast aside from the superhero sidekicks. I'd love to see Jane Foster, Darcy, Erik Selvig, Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan, Hank Pym, and Scott Lang's three wombats in bit roles. Let's say the team is wondering where Thanos will strike next. Thor asks Heimdall to look for Thanos, Star Lord calls in favors from Nova Corps, Iron Man gets all of Stark Industries' satellites to scan the solar system, and SHIELD hacks into every observatory on Earth. The Avengers and Guardians sort through the inconclusive data but they have no clue where Thanos might be headed. Suddenly, Luis walks in carrying a platter filled with waffles and starts with, "so I was at this indy film festival with my cousin Enrique..."

So lots of things have been seen on-set at Civil War's filming now:

Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily
Crossbones
And now rumors are saying Mark Ruffalo has been seen while they film in Spain

So lots of things have been seen on-set at Civil War's filming now:

Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lily
Crossbones
And now rumors are saying Mark Ruffalo has been seen while they film in Spain
Not just that:

Apparently, Spider-Man is going to have a fight scene.

Even though it's not part of the MCU, I have a feeling Fox will rent out the Fantastic Four to Disney like Sony did with Spider-Man. The reviews for this latest Fantastic Four movie include words such as "clusterfuck," "an unmitigated garbage fire," and "the worst superhero film since Batman and Robin."

Even though it's not part of the MCU, I have a feeling Fox will rent out the Fantastic Four to Disney like Sony did with Spider-Man. The reviews for this latest Fantastic Four movie include words such as "clusterfuck," "an unmitigated garbage fire," and "the worst superhero film since Batman and Robin."
Yeah, I hope something happens that gets the rights to Fantastic Four back to Marvel. Not only for the potential for something good to be made with the Fantastic Four, but also because there are a lot of cosmic Marvel stuff whose film rights are tied up with the Fantastic Four.

Yeah, I hope something happens that gets the rights to Fantastic Four back to Marvel. Not only for the potential for something good to be made with the Fantastic Four, but also because there are a lot of cosmic Marvel stuff whose film rights are tied up with the Fantastic Four.
This.

Because of the rights issues, Silver Surfer won't be able to be involved in anything related to the Infinity Gauntlet.

Since the Skrulls, Badoon, and Silver Surfer are all attached properties, I'm gonna assume that Firelord, Terrax, et al are part of that same franchise as well.

Since the Skrulls, Badoon, and Silver Surfer are all attached properties, I'm gonna assume that Firelord, Terrax, et al are part of that same franchise as well.
Most likely. I'd assume that the film rights to the heralds are intrinsically tied to Galactus, who is of course tied up with the Fantastic Four.

Which is weird because The Inhumans debuted in Fantastic Four and were a major, reoccurring part of the series for a long time. And yet, Marvel has the rights to them.

I didn't mean just their debut, though. They appeared more in Fantastic Four than they did other Marvel books for quite a long time.
Honestly, I bet when Fox was negotiating on the film rights for Fantastic Four, they probably didn't see a need for the Inhumans because they had the film rights to X-Men. Probably saw the Inhumans as too similar.

Honestly, I bet when Fox was negotiating on the film rights for Fantastic Four, they probably didn't see a need for the Inhumans because they had the film rights to X-Men. Probably saw the Inhumans as too similar.
Marvel: You guys wanna buy the rights to Guardians of the Galaxy, too?

Fox: ... No one would ever watch a movie about a talking raccoon.

Surprised there's no Spider-Man mentioned or shown yet, I feel like that's really going to get the hype train rolling.

e: I lied, that might have been him at 1:44?

Yeah, that's definitely legit. And I think you're right, Cyn, I think that's Spidey.

Now, let's hope Marvel/Disney rushes out the legit version of this ASAP.