[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

I'll see it if I hear it's funny enough. I'm not going to it for Marvel tie-in or action though. I can read about the former and if I want the latter it's just not going to satisfy after Mad Max.

Early word from Ant-Man press screenings:

Meh.
Yeah, press reviews, yep, bunch of people that want to be the first to write and be able to say, "See, I told you this was the end of Marvel movies." Not letting this be a decision for me.

I feel like out of all the MCU films, they could have gotten away with Guardians 2: Electric Boogaloo.
It could have been Guardians II also.
And in the trailer, when the title shows up, it's just the word GUARDIANS and then Chris Pratt as Star-Lord throws up two middle fingers to form the "II" after it.

--Patrick

Yeah that poster's fan-made.

Also, James Gunn gushed pretty hard about Ant Man. He said it's his favorite Marvel flick since Iron Man 1.

That would make sense. Honestly having May be too much older than Peter raises some odd questions. For instance, if May were portrayed as 60+, and Peter's a teenager, that means she was in her 40s when he was born, which implies that she was notably older than his parents (ie like 10 years). It makes her and Uncle Ben more like grandparents than parents. And that's not the dynamic they're going for, obviously.

...I guess they're going for something more akin to Ultimate Universe Aunt May, where she's around late 40s to early 50s.
I hated that one from the animated series.[DOUBLEPOST=1436384534,1436384489][/DOUBLEPOST]
That would make sense. Honestly having May be too much older than Peter raises some odd questions. For instance, if May were portrayed as 60+, and Peter's a teenager, that means she was in her 40s when he was born, which implies that she was notably older than his parents (ie like 10 years). It makes her and Uncle Ben more like grandparents than parents. And that's not the dynamic they're going for, obviously.
She was a great-aunt.

Fuck, can't believe she's 50. She has better genetics (possibly surgeons, I dunno) than most people my age.

Dunno about cartoon Ultimate Spidey as I never watched it, but Aunt May in the original Ultimate Spidey comics is pretty awesome (and definitely not a walking fossil like 616 May).

Yeah I always assumed Aunt May and Uncle Ben were actually Peter's great aunt and uncle. Ultimate Spidey's Aunt May seemed more appropriately aged.