[Movies] MCU: Phase 3 And Beyond

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man afire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

--Patrick

I hope they tell the origin story again! 3 in 15 years is some sort of record...
I really hope they have him appear as Spider-Man already stopping street crime and everyone wondering who he is and maybe recap the origin briefly to someone during the movie..... please god we do not need to spend another 40 minutes of film telling everyone how he becomes Spidey.

We also don't need to see Uncle Ben get shot while Peter realizes that his great power demands great responsibility... again.

Also, I'm wondering what kind of Aunt May will be in the MCU. The frail, kindhearted Aunt May from the comics and original trilogy, who seems to have been born in the 1890s? The middle-aged Aunt May from the Andrew Garfield movies? Or the elderly but vivacious Aunt May from the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon, who seems to be a female Teddy Roosevelt with all her high adventure activities?

They could also give him an MCU-related origin. Another infinity stone appears on Earth and mutates a spider with its energy. The spider bites Peter...

Selma director Ava DuVernay has been hired to direct Black Panther. (via Jezebel)

Also, Marvel is reportedly courting Kenneth Branagh to direct Thor: Ragnarok. (via JoBlo.com)
Branagh made Thor work - it should have been stupid and goofy but somehow he made it kind of grandiose and awesome. So that's good news.

I think it's very interesting and smart to hire the director of a critically acclaimed movie like Selma to handle Black Panther.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm curious to know what my "thing" was gonna be.
(FYI: I have the Back to the Future OST...on cassette.)

--Patrick
I was thinking you would have arduously labored for a tenuous connection to any reference other than Power of Love and then put it forward, just because. Like, making two people be stuck together and like it, or something.

I was thinking you would have arduously labored for a tenuous connection to any reference other than Power of Love and then put it forward, just because. Like, making two people be stuck together and like it, or something.
Nah. I haven't seen any of the Avengers movies (at least, not since the first Iron Man) to be able to get that kind of context.

--Patrick