[Webcomic] Let's Talk Gunnerkrigg Court

So how did humans just happen evolve to look just like her? Is she some kind of blueprint for the human genome? Is she a combination of magic and a human from the future that was sent back to the dawn of the earth? Is she an alien experiment?

So how did humans just happen evolve to look just like her? Is she some kind of blueprint for the human genome? Is she a combination of magic and a human from the future that was sent back to the dawn of the earth? Is she an alien experiment?
These were my concerns.

I'm calling her an Earth elemental for now, less I learn otherwise. Either way she kicks- ASS! She's like the clothed female Dr. Manhattan...minus the full control of matter and possible Cancer.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, how about a threadnecro? The latest plot thread deserves one. Really enjoying the buildup of Reynardine's day out with Hetty, and the reveal that Hetty's "tormentor" is an innocent boy and she's absolutely psychotic. The "air quotes" about her previous owner's "accident" that imply Hetty has killed a little girl. What will Reynardine do? What. Will. He. Do?

So, how about a threadnecro? The latest plot thread deserves one. Really enjoying the buildup of Reynardine's day out with Hetty, and the reveal that Hetty's "tormentor" is an innocent boy and she's absolutely psychotic. The "air quotes" about her previous owner's "accident" that imply Hetty has killed a little girl. What will Reynardine do? What. Will. He. Do?
I don't think he can do anything without Coyote getting involved. Yes, he's been invited back to the forest... but we all know what that means when it's coming from Coyote.

As for the kid... he's covered in burn scars, is the brother of Hetty's former owner, and Hetty already had Reynardine pick up matches for her. I'm pretty sure we all know what happened to the last little girl at this point.

Defs fiberglass rash. UGH, when she said she did that it sounded funny but after looking at the kid you see the reality that this is a scary demon doll torturing a child for no reason. SO creepy.

Also is this story her first appearance? I forget if she appeared before.

I didn't get creeped out by Hetty from this last story arc until that little fun ad used as the break between chapters. Like an evil Mary Poppins the size of the doll from Trilogy of Terror. Yeesh.