[Webcomic] Let's Talk Gunnerkrigg Court

GasBandit

Staff member
I've not been able to find any other source of where one might get the phrase "straight in each limb."

I'm a little less disgusted now... I'm hoping that there's some strange and possibly malefic source behind their affections for each other that planted patently and obviously false memories in their head to engender their feelings... and he actually BELIEVES the plot of the fast and the furious happened to him.

I'm guessing that their story is much more dull and basic than the stories they've heard from everyone else, and so they're each trying to exaggerate events to suit their own tastes.

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm guessing that their story is much more dull and basic than the stories they've heard from everyone else, and so they're each trying to exaggerate events to suit their own tastes.
That's what I'm fervently hoping it's NOT.

I don't see what problems you guys have with Winsbury and Janet's story. I think it's hilarious and fits perfectly well with the tone of the chapter being ''silly and/or weird things teenagers do''. Also, the expressions are great.

GasBandit

Staff member
I don't see what problems you guys have with Winsbury and Janet's story. I think it's hilarious and fits perfectly well with the tone of the chapter being ''silly and/or weird things teenagers do''. Also, the expressions are great.
I have a problem with a chapter being about silly things teenagers do.

^
Pretty much, even Kat and Carver's little outings were more Fantasy than Teenage Drama/Romance. So honestly, it's in tone for the chapter, but not in tone with what the series has been up until now.

It may just be that now seems a little too late to expect us to give a shit about these tertiary characters. They've never really been explored before, and to me, this chapter feels like an overdue and kind of hamfisted "getting to know you" series of short stories.

Like I've said before, it feels like it's been too long, and I'm eager to see a new chapter.

I would have reacted that way no matter what characters they used to be honest, but yeah I'm ready to get back to the real mysteries of Gunnerkrigg.

I just don't have time to get through all these archives when I'm at the comp; I'm still in several years ago on Something Positive even. So I slapped the first three volumes of Gunnerkrigg on my Amazon wishlist and we'll see what happens this holiday season, or if I get some spare monies without other purpose.

It'll be wrapping up soon... everyone's had a moment. Now they just need to get back and let Bud get scolded by his wife for not taking her along.

They've bloody gabbed the entire chapter, and next to nothing new was learned! Ugh... "I like Zimmy!" "What? Zimmy?" "Yeah I like Zimmy!" ----- Cut to other group "We've been secretly dating, even though everyone already knew/didn't care" ------ "I like Zimmy!" "You said that, but seriously?" "Yeah, I like Zimmy!" ----- "Oh, it's morning."

So the point of this chapter was... that Annie probably isn't gay, but that Kat might be? Or that Kat might not have even thought about it until now, even if the people around her did?

Is it just me or are they hinting that the Kat/Annie is going to play out like the thing with Jeanne and Diego?

I think the divide between Annie and Kat might continue to grow as Annie embraces her ethereal roots and Kat continues to become the literal deus ex machina.

I've given up completely on the gay undertones. They're not there, it's just Kat wondering about who's going to be her friend if all her friends are hooking up and moving on. Nothing more.

I've given up completely on the gay undertones. They're not there, it's just Kat wondering about who's going to be her friend if all her friends are hooking up and moving on. Nothing more.
That's how I interpreted. The "arg" face when she goes to sleep was frustration; I've seen it and felt it at the end of a night's get-together with friends and "others", and everyone stays up way too f'ing late.